Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Internet Legal Issues

Internet Legal Issues Discuss online internet legal issues and topics including but not limited to copyright, trademarks, patents, slander, internet laws, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 07-13-2016, 03:05 AM

Free Photos and copyright

Hi everyone,

How do I know my images that I copy from google have a copyright or not?
I just would like to make a videos which contains all my contry photos but I'm sure that I will be banned by youtube or not

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-13-2016, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyphuong View Post
Hi everyone,

I just would like to make a videos which contains all my contry photos but I'm sure that I will be banned by youtube or not
There are tons of website online where you can get free photo's from to use and not have to worry about if it's copyrighted or not.

Designers use a number of ways to protect there images and 1 such method is water marketing them.

This help explains it. https://www.watermark-image.com/watermarking.aspx

What people do a lot if they use images they found off of Google is give a linkback to the website where they got it from. If you use a image from Google, right click the image and view properties. You should see the full IMAGE url path and then will know what website this image belongs to. Provide a link to that site and mention that Image used from www.example.com '

This way you protecting yourself that you did give credit to the website where you got it from. But if you get an email saying taking my images down, then you remove them without asking why.

http://petapixel.com/2013/08/03/10-b...-from-the-web/

Old 07-18-2016, 08:59 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
There are tons of website online where you can get free photo's from to use and not have to worry about if it's copyrighted or not.

Designers use a number of ways to protect there images and 1 such method is water marketing them.

This help explains it. https://www.watermark-image.com/watermarking.aspx

What people do a lot if they use images they found off of Google is give a linkback to the website where they got it from. If you use a image from Google, right click the image and view properties. You should see the full IMAGE url path and then will know what website this image belongs to. Provide a link to that site and mention that Image used from www.example.com '

This way you protecting yourself that you did give credit to the website where you got it from. But if you get an email saying taking my images down, then you remove them without asking why.

http://petapixel.com/2013/08/03/10-b...-from-the-web/
To be safe, you should always give credit. Or if that is inconvenient, contact the creator and get a written confirmation that they waive their right of attribution.

Old 07-20-2016, 04:50 PM
Banned

You can look for images on some websites that offer free images. Also, place a line or two in your video or description asking the image owner to contact you for removal in case you are violating someone's copyright. This show good will.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:24 AM
Contributing Member

In google image search there is a "more" tab in just below the search box by clicking on that you can filter the photos which don't haves copyright.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:16 PM
Contributing Member

Find creative commons or on public domain picutres

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyphuong View Post
Hi everyone,

When searching Google for images that are creative commons or on public domains, here are the steps you need to take:
1st, type the name of the picture you want in the search bar (blue bird for instance)
2nd, click on “Images”
3rd, click on “Search Tools”
4th, Click on “Usage rights”
5th, and finally “Labeled for Reuse”.
All of the results are either on public domains or published under Creative Commons License

Old 07-29-2016, 09:49 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

wow,. thank you all guys for your contribution to all these. i also was facing this challenges of persons using my images without my authorization since i am also a graphic designer but with what i am seeing above form the posts, i guess my problems are finally over. thanks.

Old 09-25-2016, 12:24 AM
Contributing Member

Finding only images with friendly copyrights

On google image search you can specifically search for images that allow reuse.
Here's an example searching for cats. Notice the selected option "Labeled for reuse with modification"

Add this query string to your searches on google:
search?site=imghp&tbm=isch&q=cats&tbs=sur:fmc

Old 09-27-2016, 07:12 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
head to google images -> enter your keywords -> click on search tools -> click on usage rights -> labeled for non-commercial reuse with modification.
Those images have no copyright . Also use can any images to to the google image search bar to see whether those images are crawled by any websites or not.

Quote:
I dont think so , youtube will ban you just by making video by pictures, usually Youtube algorithm matches visual and audio content with other copyright licensed content

Old 09-28-2016, 11:21 AM

Thanks for the suggestions gopcsoft, really helpful.

Old 11-17-2016, 11:23 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Righlty said @gopcsoft. What more you could do is - use some free pics sites like pixabay or any other. Those sites have lots of images which do not need any credit back to the owner and there would not be any copyright infringement issue.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Internet Legal Issues