Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Internet Legal Issues

Internet Legal Issues Discuss online internet legal issues and topics including but not limited to copyright, trademarks, patents, slander, internet laws, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-09-2017, 02:54 AM
Contributing Member

Plagiarize content found what to do?

Hey dear,

I have hire several article writer, they give me multiple article on different topics, Just use copyscape now and found that my all articles are copied from other site and plagiarized. What should I do now?

Suggest me please, the article which I have written own are unique and the article which is purchased are the plagiarized even in the start they are also unique I have check them in smallseotools plagiarized checker and found then unique but now copyscape said they are not unique.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-09-2017, 03:21 AM
Contributing Member

Dump them quickly....no if's, no but's, its poor practice and illegal to have plagiarised copy.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:37 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woomeister View Post
Dump them quickly....no if's, no but's, its poor practice and illegal to have plagiarised copy.
someone advise me to replace the letter which are similar to the symbols like alpha symbol replaced with a, what you think did this harm my site?

Old 02-09-2017, 04:39 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJunaidShahid View Post
someone advise me to replace the letter which are similar to the symbols like alpha symbol replaced with a, what you think did this harm my site?
I've answered this above, you have plagiarised (spun) content on your site, it doesn't get much worse.

You can fight against the situation but it won't change....your content is not your own and is low quality.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:13 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I suggest you to ask your writes about this. Ask him if he has used these articles somewhere else.

Maybe, he can do some changes.

Actually there are so many plagiarism site checker that it is hard to check from each one of them.

Better option would be to go for quality ones and ignore rest.

Till your rankings are not betting affected. Everything is fine.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:59 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_wahlberg View Post

Till your rankings are not betting affected. Everything is fine.
The least of your worries would be your ranking if I found out you's spun my articles...I would sue you for every penny you had! So best not give more crap advice.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:05 AM

You just need to trash the articles and move on. Don't use those writers again. If there is some kind of review mechanism through the site you found them, whether a forum or a freelance marketplace....be sure to report them or post negative reviews.

Spun or copied content is of no benefit to you. You can try your luck at demanding payment back or filing a chargeback with the payment provider, but there's no guarantee that will get you anywhere.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:44 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woomeister View Post
I've answered this above, you have plagiarised (spun) content on your site, it doesn't get much worse.

You can fight against the situation but it won't change....your content is not your own and is low quality.
No dear, I'm with right I'm deleted the all post and fired them, I think I have to write everything by own instead of hiring any other one..

Old 02-09-2017, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
No dear, I'm with right I'm deleted the all post and fired them, I think I have to write everything by own instead of hiring any other one..
I have published 377 blog posts on my blog in 3 years and all of them written by myself.

4 months ago I hired a paid editor to edit pages and posts, make suggestions when something isn't right or a bug somewhere.

My editor knows I didn't hire her to write content but to edit and give suggestions to improve the blog for user experience. I use a plugin to double check her activity besides a daily journal she sends me of what she did.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-history/

As much as I trust my editor, I still like to double check to make sure she is earning what I am paying her for.

If I hired someone to write content, I would check to make sure it's original before approving anything. If I have a suspicion that something isn't write about the content, I will reject it and drop that writer right away for not paying attention to my instructions.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:42 PM
Contributing Member

^^^ Due diligence.

This is the professional approach.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Hey dear,

I have hire several article writer, they give me multiple article on different topics, Just use copyscape now and found that my all articles are copied from other site and plagiarized. What should I do now?

Suggest me please, the article which I have written own are unique and the article which is purchased are the plagiarized even in the start they are also unique I have check them in smallseotools plagiarized checker and found then unique but now copyscape said they are not unique.
Sorry I find your opening post a bit hard to read but this is what I think you said:

You checked the articles you paid for when you got them and they were fine according to smallseotools.

Now you have checked with copyscape and it finds other copies on the net.

Assuming I understood what you were originally saying, some thoughts:

1. Maybe smallseotools didn't do a good job and you should have checked with copyscape originally?

2. Maybe they were original articles, someone has scraped them and now copyscape has found the scraped copies? Check the dates originally published before accusing the writer(s) you hired of a bad practice.

3. Maybe in the future do a better job of screening the writers you hire if in fact they have scraped someone else's work and spun it.

4. Never understood hiring writers to write for your own blog. You personally speak (or write) a certain way. If you mix your writings with the hired writer articles how does one keep the same voice? IMHO, if you are going to hire someone to write for you then make it very long term so the "voice" of the blog or site remains constant.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:56 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
I have published 377 blog posts on my blog in 3 years and all of them written by myself.

4 months ago I hired a paid editor to edit pages and posts, make suggestions when something isn't right or a bug somewhere.

My editor knows I didn't hire her to write content but to edit and give suggestions to improve the blog for user experience. I use a plugin to double check her activity besides a daily journal she sends me of what she did.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-history/

As much as I trust my editor, I still like to double check to make sure she is earning what I am paying her for.

If I hired someone to write content, I would check to make sure it's original before approving anything. If I have a suspicion that something isn't write about the content, I will reject it and drop that writer right away for not paying attention to my instructions.
that's really impressive I have written 100 articles by my own with 2 months but after that I'm getting busy in my work and have to hire someone to make my site fresh every day with content and after this when I just check for the status found bug..

Now I'm depressed and back to writing in daily routine, It's better to write own instead of hiring someone In this way I can manage similar articles in right way

Thanks for your suggestion really appreciate your participation in this case

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
Sorry I find your opening post a bit hard to read but this is what I think you said:

You checked the articles you paid for when you got them and they were fine according to smallseotools.

Now you have checked with copyscape and it finds other copies on the net.

Assuming I understood what you were originally saying, some thoughts:

1. Maybe smallseotools didn't do a good job and you should have checked with copyscape originally?

2. Maybe they were original articles, someone has scraped them and now copyscape has found the scraped copies? Check the dates originally published before accusing the writer(s) you hired of a bad practice.

3. Maybe in the future do a better job of screening the writers you hire if in fact they have scraped someone else's work and spun it.

4. Never understood hiring writers to write for your own blog. You personally speak (or write) a certain way. If you mix your writings with the hired writer articles how does one keep the same voice? IMHO, if you are going to hire someone to write for you then make it very long term so the "voice" of the blog or site remains constant.

yeah you got my uncleared point Smallseotool is bogus tool ever I used and actually I'm just tricked by them and recommend to never used any free tool expect the copyscape.

Old 02-24-2017, 05:50 AM
Contributing Member

Here are few tips when you hire a freelance content writer.

1. Never opt for $5 articles for 600 words etc. No once can write content in $5.
2. Try to hire content writer from reliable freelance portal such as upwork.
3. Before you receive a first draft from your content writer. Use free online tools to check plagiarism.

We almost as an design agency, pay $30 per hour for our freelance content writers to write about our products and solutions.

Also remove the content from your website if it's copied and contact your writer and ask him to repay your amount.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Internet Legal Issues