Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Internet Legal Issues

Internet Legal Issues Discuss online internet legal issues and topics including but not limited to copyright, trademarks, patents, slander, internet laws, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-29-2017, 05:22 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Digital Marketing

who are the descision makers in a company for approaching to become their IT Partners?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-29-2017, 05:33 AM
Contributing Member

Companies, especially the bigger ones have a complex hierarchy. You need to pitch to their IT guys, but the sourcing guys ultimately make the purchase decision, after considering your proposal and competing ones. So you need to approach the IT guys first, but bear in mind that you will also have to go through the sourcing guys' vendor evaluation process.

Old 03-29-2017, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Any decision comes down to the upper management that make the decisions involving investing money into the company worldwide or investing. I'm a team lead at a huge IT company and run the department while my manager is the decision maker when it comes to clients/contracts.

I work with our clients (corporations) daily but I don't make the decisions when comes to something not covered under the current contract, I don't have that power to change the stuff.

When it comes to investing into a company, you need to draw up a business proposal and factor in a lot of things. I'd suggest talk to a lawyer when looking to go into a partnership with another company.

Old 03-30-2017, 01:01 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
I'm a team lead at a huge IT company and run the department while my manager is the decision maker when it comes to clients/contracts.
Interesting. Can your manager take finance impacting decisions all by themselves or do they need approval of their boss/finance? When I was a corporate guy, all such decisions had to be co-signed by my function head (CMO) and the finance head (CFO).

Old 03-30-2017, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguar View Post
Interesting. Can your manager take finance impacting decisions all by themselves or do they need approval of their boss/finance? When I was a corporate guy, all such decisions had to be co-signed by my function head (CMO) and the finance head (CFO).
My manager can with approval from his boss. Also he has to go through our Billing department as anything to do with price goes through them first.

A client wanted to change a certain section of there notes that involved our tech's spending more time doing the new thing. This meant we will have to charge them for more labor so I had to go to my boss so he can take care of the approvals and changes. This effected the initial contract as the change is going forward for remained of the x year contract. If it was a one time thing, I could get away with approving it for one order.

Old 03-31-2017, 12:11 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Also he has to go through our Billing department as anything to do with price goes through them first.
Typical finance. They just can't stop meddling in what other people are doing. Makes them feel important I guess.

Once I dealt with this finance guy who wanted me to go with an existing vendor over a new one, even though they didn't have what I needed. It was hard to explain to him that the existing guys would have to develop which would take months & we didn't have the luxury of time.

Old 04-10-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeniAnderson View Post
who are the descision makers in a company for approaching to become their IT Partners?
If I have no direct contact at a company, but want to reach out to someone there for a partnership opportunity, the contact form is probably a last resort.

First, I try to find the most relevant contact on LinkedIn or their company website if the company is small enough to list people there. Generally, if I'm looking to do a partnership, that person will be in either Business Development or Partnerships. At some companies, a Partnerships person will only be managing existing company relationships, so I generally prefer to reach out to a Business Development person, who is often looking for new business opportunities.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Internet Legal Issues

Closed Thread