Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

Share |
Old 11-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Contributing Member

Smile Planning to launch a site, suggestion please.

Hi, I came here not long, and I'm going to setup a wordpress themes site, offers my original designed themes for free. I built it with wordpress. Before it is online, following things have been done to make it as good as possible:

1. I did a lot on SEO, wrote different meta information (description, keywords, etc.) for every category and pages like "about us", "terms of use", etc.

2. I checked many themes submission sites and made a list. My themes will probably appear on some of these.

3. A demo site is built to make the themes more impressive. I think it is worth doning, though cost more money and time.

4. I'm doing all my best on designs, make them coded well and compatible with the latest version of wordpress and compliant with the web standards, test them many times to avoid bugs. I think this the most important part. Right now I've done more than 10 themes.

After the site is launched:

1. Selected content will also be submitted to social bookmarking sites. In my opinion this might be a good way to drive traffic. And if my designs are really good, the users will surely check back for more.

2. I think webmaster forums like here, and also design forums, are good places to go.

3. Well... I'm going to compel friends to use my themes...

I'm not sure if there's something missed or mislead. So I'm look forward to receiving suggestions. Thanks.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Contributing Member

hmm those are the basic and you've not miss anything , just with some advance approach such as SEM and affiliate marketing....

Old 11-06-2008, 11:48 PM
Contributing Member

Well, for me web promotion is a brand new field, so I tried all my best to get this schedule.
Could you please give me some more information about affiliate marketing? Does that mean themes submission sites?

Thanks very much

Old 11-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Contributing Member

remember to be very patient, these things take time

Old 11-10-2008, 03:45 AM
Contributing Member

Myst: I would go for some stumbles and social bookmarking - network with other wordpress template related sites and wait for 30 days - pick out the core keywords from webmaster tools and concentrate on them at first. the wordpress market is a bit busy at the moment so you might find it hard going. Good luck though and hope all goes well

Old 11-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Contributing Member

go for the adult or gaming site that e market will never going to end

Old 11-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Contributing Member

Thank you guys for the answers.

I know it's a long long way of promotion, maybe I should be more patient.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to sharing my designs with you all .

Old 11-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Contributing Member

Keep in mind the overall SEO benefit that you can achieve by building your own Wordpress themes! There is huge potential in that, as well as monetary value if you know what your doing.

Remember to test various of the major plugins to make sure that they work well with your theme. Things like All In One SEO, Google Analyticator, ShareThis, etc....

Old 11-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaMale View Post
Keep in mind the overall SEO benefit that you can achieve by building your own Wordpress themes! There is huge potential in that, as well as monetary value if you know what your doing.

Remember to test various of the major plugins to make sure that they work well with your theme. Things like All In One SEO, Google Analyticator, ShareThis, etc....
Thanks for reminding me. And of course, all my themes will be tested before put online. I don't wanna make things screwed up

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum