Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

Share |
Old 01-24-2010, 07:40 AM

Post Why Marketing Your Business Upfront Is the Fastest Way You Can Go Broke

Network marketing has changed - gone are the days of having to promote your business using 'old school' tactics (cold calling, hotel meetings etc.), whereas nowadays you can explode your network marketing business leveraging the Internet.

Marketing your business upfront is the quickest way you can go broke in this industry. The top earners in this industry are branding themselves as leaders, they offer value to the online community and they build trust with their prospects and/or subscribers, therefore making them more likely to follow the top earners who do this.

To avoid going broke in this industry before acquiring any prospects, instead of marketing your business, you need to market yourself. There is nothing that sets you apart from your replicated website compared to someone else's website who is in the same business as you.

There is only one of you, so this makes you stand out from all the marketing noise out there, right? You can be original, creative and unique - especially when it comes to video marketing.

What you should be doing is branding yourself and leading with value - nobody wants to be pitched AGAIN when they have probably had a thousand business opportunities shoved down their throats. Remember, the more value that people see in you, the more likely they are to take an interest and respect what you are saying.

Seb Brantigan
Network Marketer & Online Entrepreneur

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2010, 10:36 PM

I am all for branding.

Another 'me too' is just going to fade into the background noise you hear every day.

But if you see that name, logo, slogan, face, username, etc., in front of you every day, suddenly, after awhile, you will start to remember them. And begin to take notice. I believe that branding online (and offline) is one of the best things you can do for your business.

Consistency is key.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:57 AM

Hey there Ryan, I totally agree with you there. People don't care about joining an opportunity, instead they want to join leaders in the industry.

Besides, there is only one unique version of you right? ;-)

Old 03-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Banned

I so agree. Think of all the most successful businessmen in the world. Why are they on top? What is their edge? It's because they have the creativity, consistency, and the drive to uphold value.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Contributing Member

I just made my first marketing video and I laughed my butt off when I watched it. I have a long way to go.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Contributing Member

All that's wonderful but it's very easy to say and a little more difficult to implement. Branding is without a doubt the key but it's a hard, and sometimes expensive, key to find.

The world is getting smaller and smaller based on technology and our ability to communicate instantaneously. It's very rare for someone to come up with an idea that hasn't already been thought of and implemented. Typically, these people who are first to market learn from their mistakes and they by default become the leaders and the one's we all follow.

Almost every market out there is saturated which makes it difficult for most all of us to compete. So, in order for us to be successful we have to put a twist or spin on what we're trying to promote so that we don't look like posers.

If you have some capital you can brand yourself fairly easily...it's all about exposure. If you don't have capital, you better try to differentiate yourself from the people who are doing the same thing you are.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanstreet View Post
I am all for branding.
Another 'me too' is just going to fade into the background noise you hear every day.
But if you see that name, logo, slogan, face, username, etc., in front of you every day, suddenly, after awhile, you will start to remember them. And begin to take notice. I believe that branding online (and offline) is one of the best things you can do for your business.
Consistency is key.
Imposing! Imposing! I am truly agreed with you.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:52 AM

great thinking, i agree with you.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum