Doing research on your target audience
and going through the website planning
process can yield so much information for other areas of the website/blog's success.
- keywords/phrases the target audience uses
- what your target audience wants/needs
- where the target audience hangs out (so you hang out in the right places)
- what your target audience's computer skills are (so you provide the appropriate website features)
- do they prefer newsletters, RSS feeds or not into any of that stuff (provides info on how best to keep in touch with potential clients)
Even through your research and website planning you will determine if the market is saturated, missing an element or if you are going to have to work extra hard to be successful if you choose a saturated market.