Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

Share |
Old 07-18-2005, 07:18 PM

What a bastage!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-18-2005, 07:26 PM
No Longer Active

Hey bro, you just missed the fun, the clown desided to leave before you arrived.

Old 07-19-2005, 07:29 AM

Man O Man

I hope I never do anthing wrong in this place. These people will eat you alive! I will study this forum very carefully before I post. I think the secrete must be where to post and to study the rules. It's like shallow water, never dive in head first! There may be a stump in the mud at the bottom. Shame on you folks......

Rev Lee

Old 07-19-2005, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Lee
Man O Man

I hope I never do anthing wrong in this place. These people will eat you alive! I will study this forum very carefully before I post. I think the secrete must be where to post and to study the rules. It's like shallow water, never dive in head first! There may be a stump in the mud at the bottom. Shame on you folks......

Rev Lee
No, I think the secret is to at least READ the DAMN STUPID THINGS! I don't think that a lot of people, and especially self serving SPAMMERS like CIMC.BIZ bother, or even CARE about this forum or it's real members. The F'n things are STICKIED (they remain at the top of the topic list all the time) IN BOLD for God's sake!!!

WTF!

Any new poster that does not at least read the rules of a forum before posting is either stupid, lazy or just plain disrespectful, PERIOD!

CIMC.BIZ could have posted his spam in the only two forums where it is allowed, and there would have been NO problem!

Last edited by Atom; 07-19-2005 at 08:12 AM.

Old 07-19-2005, 08:10 AM

Arrow OPEN LETTER to the MODERATORS

OPEN LETTER to the MODERATORS

I have taught " Internet Marketing " for almost nine years and have visited hundreds, maybe thousands of forums. None have ever before shown the rudeness I've been shown here.

If you wish you may allow these kids or "kid minded", people run away those new to this forum.

Your forum can not grow to it's potential unless you insist on non aggressive behavior.

I should think that a forum that advertises its' self as a "Internet Marketing Forum" would be a place that its members would like to know about a comprehensive school on "Internet Marketing"

It IS quite possible that what I posted here was not appropriate. IF that is the case then would it not be BETTER to politely let me know so that I may
then want to recommend this forum to my friends and associates.

For some one to declare a school a scam with out any knowledge of it is unpardonable . If one would search the entire net they could not find ONE student that has a complaint againstthe school. They COULD FIND students that are proud to be a part of it. CIMC.BIZ is NOT A SCAM !

By the way isn't posting just to post and not adding information or asking questions so people will see your advertising signature just a sleazy, sneaky way of spamming?

Just watch how the BRATS respond to this

Last edited by CIMC.BIZ; 07-19-2005 at 08:14 AM.

Old 07-19-2005, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIMC.BIZ
It IS quite possible that what I posted here was not appropriate. IF that is the case then ...
What do you MEAN "it IS quite possible" and "IF that is the case"? Do you mean to tell me that you STILL haven't read the damn things???

I posted you a link to the forum rules in my post #20, but this time I'll post the very first rule for you, so that there will be no excuses why you are not at fault now.

Rules

A. Advertising your products, services or website is strictly prohibited in all forums except for the Offers Forum and the Requests Forum.

Last edited by Atom; 07-19-2005 at 08:29 AM.

Old 07-19-2005, 08:28 AM
No Longer Active

Well CIMC.BIZ, we are an online webdevelopment community here and we, as a community, got a little sensitive towards dudes/dudettes who register on these boards to spam us with their various services in their very first post.

If you had taken the time to read some more on these boards you could have noticed that we have an introduction forum and indeed, a seperate 'offer services' forum but no, you had to do what any other ordinairy spammer on these boards has done so don't act insulted if you get the pot on your nose dude.

And about the rudeness on this forum; you aint seen nothin yet, try do that on my forums and you really get some heavy language.

Old 07-19-2005, 08:30 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
By the way isn't posting just to post and not adding information or asking questions so people will see your advertising signature just a sleazy, sneaky way of spamming?
No... not really.... Considering that we are allowed to Place a link in our signature..... Like atom posted... if you read the forum guidelines, you would have noticed that you are not allowed to advertise your services anywhere else but the specified forums... And please... you are spamming, who are you kidding... It's not like you have hundreds of posts and decide to post that... on your first post you advertise your site...

Last edited by Stitchy626; 07-19-2005 at 08:34 AM.

Old 07-19-2005, 08:48 AM

What a douche CIMC.BIZ is!

Old 07-19-2005, 09:10 AM

Look, CIMC.BIZ, I am sorry that I called you a self serving spammer ..

I just wish that new posters would read the rules before posting. TBH, I don't think that many do.

Old 07-19-2005, 09:14 AM
No Longer Active

I'm NOT sorry for calling you a spammer CIMC.BIZ, it's HOW YOU INTRODUCED YOURSELF!

Old 07-19-2005, 09:55 AM

And I'm not sorry for calling you a "douche" and a "bastage"!

Old 07-19-2005, 10:44 AM
v7n Mentor

I am probably going to get blasted for this but isn't one of the rules?

C. Members should be respectful and courteous to other members. Rudeness to other members is cause for revocation of membership privileges.

I hate spammers like everyone else and if the posting was innapropriate, offensive or in the WRONG place, shouldn't the moderators just move it or delete it? Most people are not going to read the sticky notes unless you force them to as part of the registration process or prior to posting your first post. To be fair, the sticky note regarding the forum rules is ONLY under the Forum Lobby and not under the marketing forum.

Now, I am not defending CIMC.BIZ, because I do think this type of post is not in the right place but isn't many of the articles on the articles forum promoting some product or service? A moderator's job is not easy but shouldn't this be taken care of by the moderators instead of posting negative comments. Not only does this violate rule C (considering we all follow the rules) but it also creates high visibility on the spammed post and only makes (some members) look bad and could potentially scare other new members away.

Am I the only one that thinks this way?

imaginemn

Old 07-19-2005, 10:55 AM

I've often wished that the Guidelines link was on the index page.

I don't know about most people, but, I actually search out the Forum Guidelines or Rules and read them before posting on a new forum, that is automatic with me. I guess I just can't understand why others don't do that. I haven't seen a forum yet that did not have them.

Whether the admins want to chastise members for breaking rules or not is another issue I think, Imaginemn. I think that this is really about members chastising members, and I think that this is expected to happen, like for example the way you just did, Imaginemn. This is what the posters in this thread have done, each with their own degree of harshness, if you will.

I really don't think that we should be questioning the admins about how we should or shouldn't act, or even about following rules .. just be yourselves and if you are out of line enough, I'm sure they'll let you know.

Just my thoughts on it, not claiming to be right .. just the way I feel about it.

Last edited by Atom; 07-19-2005 at 11:13 AM.

Old 07-19-2005, 11:12 AM

Arrow

Thank you ATOM, reasonble people can agree to disagree and I do intend to abide by the rules.

I respect those like you that call attention to errors then are kind enough to be friendly.

May we get back to asking questions or giving advice on "Internet Marketing" in all it's facets not just
SEO ?

Now as far as SEO ... if a site is in top 5, even #1 it may make NO MONEY there are MANY, MANY other
IMPORTANT things determine the sucess of a site and how much profit it makes if any.

Last edited by CIMC.BIZ; 07-19-2005 at 11:18 AM.

Old 07-19-2005, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIMC.BIZ
Thank you ATOM, reasonble people can agree to disagree and I do intend to abide by the rules.

I respect those like you that call attention to errors then are kind enough to be friendly.

May we get back to asking questions or giving advice on "Internet Marketing" in all it's facets not just
SEO ?

Now as far as SEO ... if a site is in top 5, even #1 it may make NO MONEY there are MANY, MANY other
IMPORTANT things determine the sucess and of a site and how much profit it makes.
Well, ok then, but if I don't participate in the discussion, it's because I suck at marketing. lol

Imaginemn is a pro with that sort of thing though, and there are actually several here that are.

Old 07-19-2005, 11:17 AM

Spammers and fraudsters are my worst enemies!
-----------------------------------------

Do unto others as they have done to you
But what the hell is this world coming to?

Blow the universe into nothingness
Nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest

Fight fire with fire
Ending is near
Fight fire with fire
Bursting with fear

Old 07-19-2005, 11:40 AM
v7n Mentor

Atom, thanks for the kind words but, I am not questioning the admins or moderators, I was just making an observation. I can easily get caught up in the game as well. It can get frustrating at times for everyone and I don't expect the forum to be perfect. Everyone should be able to express their opinions and you are right, just be yourself.

I agree with CIMC.BIZ about getting a top position on any SE. That's only one portion of the battle. How to make that visitor (if they even click on your site) buy is another. To be honest, I now focus more on networking and building relationships with other companies to get new business, I have noticed that I can spend less time networking than the hours and money it would take to get a top position in any SE, especially in our field of work. Some people will call it a failure for not achieving the top spot and others will call it a success because of the higher ROI. But how do you determine success? Meeting all your marketing goals? How much money you make? Not losing money?

Gorillaboy, I don't always agree with you but I love your attitude!

imaginemn

Old 07-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Contributing Member

Not every Moderator has the priverlage to Moderate every forum. I am only able to moderate the Graphics Forum.... Nothing else.. There are only a select few who can moderate everything...

Old 07-19-2005, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchy626
Not every Moderator has the priverlage to Moderate every forum. I am only able to moderate the Graphics Forum.... Nothing else.. There are only a select few who can moderate everything...
Well get down there and moderate then! I think that some wanker posted some nudity down there, as I recall.

off topic: I PM'd you a bunch of suggestions, Stitch.. I am not sure how to check to see if they are available though.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum