Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

Share |
Old 10-16-2010, 02:30 PM

I need some assistance, please.

I have a really great website idea that I believe could end up being a success if it's done properly. With that said, I'm working on coding the website right now. I'm a great coder, but I do recognize my inferiority when it comes to visual layout and design. So I realize I will need to invest in design at some later point. So question one is, where do you look for somebody who is qualified, and how can you be sure they're the right person for the task?

Secondly, I will have several thousands of dollars at my disposal at the point that I'm ready to release the website, and I definitely feel I'll need to drive a lot of traffic to the website all at once. I already have this planned out using AdWords, but I wondered if you all had any suggestions in case I have money left over. Are there any services available, or professionals, that are qualified and truly do a good job at promotion? Somebody to generate buzz and traffic? If that exists, once again, where can you find such a service, and how can you be sure it is legitimate?

I appreciate any input you guys contribute!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-17-2010, 01:11 PM

Hi. As of web designers thats one of the most difficult jobs. Finding good designer is like finding moneymaking niche...
You can PM me, I have talented designer from India, so cost is really low comparing to results.

If you have money you could invest in SEO or promotion - but don`t do this by your own, or you will loose money.
Adwords is good but you need to know what you are doing...

If you have some questions just PM me and I will be happy to help you

Old 10-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Contributing Member

That's a tough task. You have to be careful, especially with that budget. There are too many scammers, amateurs and mediocre designers who will want to eat away at your money. I suppose portfolio and experience are two things to look at. If you can get a recommendation from anyone you trust that's the best way to go. If there is a company or designer you can meet in person you might run less risk than if you hire a random person online. That's not to say you won't find very professional designers online. I know some. They're just hard to come by.

Old 10-17-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectro View Post
That's a tough task. You have to be careful, especially with that budget. There are too many scammers, amateurs and mediocre designers who will want to eat away at your money. I suppose portfolio and experience are two things to look at. If you can get a recommendation from anyone you trust that's the best way to go. If there is a company or designer you can meet in person you might run less risk than if you hire a random person online. That's not to say you won't find very professional designers online. I know some. They're just hard to come by.
Yeah, as I said, the best is to keep them for yourself

Portfolio is the must in here...
Without proof don`t go near nobody...

Old 10-17-2010, 01:42 PM

Dont know anything about design website development, But as regards SEO, the first and most important thing to do is your keyword research.
Check out the competition and then make a cost per keyword,
This is pretty cheap to have done,

Then you must decide if there is sufficient organic traffic or will you need adwords,
This can eat big chunks out of your budget.
The secret is to run small campaigns to see what works and what doesnt,

If you need anymore advice you can PM anytime.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:10 PM

If you have the budget, you can outsource the SEO and marketing to someone. If not, then there are educational course on Internet Marketing and Online positioning that will show you what to do and you can do it yourself. Can be cheaper than hiring someone to do it.
All depends upon your daily workload also.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:08 PM

The best course of action is probably to invest in learning some of the basics of design yourself. I'd recommend buying an internet marketing course that goes over website conversion as this will be one of THE most important things you can learn. This will help you make the best decisions when it comes to choosing a designer.

The cheap route, if you don't want to buy a course, is to spend half a day browsing through websites that are already targeting the terms you plan on targeting with adwords. Spyfu.com will allow you to see which competitors are targeting your same adword keywords and how long they've been targeting all for free (up to a point). Generally, the longer a site is running an ad, the more time they (hopefully) have spent on converting that traffic into sales. You can just waltz in and copy their stuff (with your own style and content of course)!

I'd make lists of what these competitors' headlines say, what they are trying to convert the traffic into (e-mails opt-ins, sales, contact form, etc.), and anything else that sticks out to you. Try to find the similarities and then just copy. You should be thorough which can take awhile but it is a cheap and easy way to figure a lot of stuff out.

Hope this helps!

Old 10-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Banned

I would check out [removed] They are based in NYC and specialize in web design, graphic design, seo, social networking, adwords, pretty much everything.. check em out

Last edited by robjones; 10-18-2010 at 03:00 PM.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Banned

I would be more than happy to assist you. Send me an email or PM if you care to discuss further... Best wishes!

Mod note:
Creating two IDs... against the rules.
Having them post back-to-back... priceless.

Last edited by robjones; 10-18-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSmith1 View Post
Very experienced designer can be found on DP forums so try to visit that site and be familiar with that forum.

Consider those who have enough iTrader.
We have good designers here at V7N forum that are lurking around. Besides using DP forum, people can either create a thread in our marketplace or start reading signatures to find the graphic designers.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:29 PM
Contributing Member

Outsourcing is a business that trust is the first requirement. Business won't grow if you haven't trusted the company that you're working with. This business has it pros and cons, you just need to find the right company, ask for samples and client references so you can decide.

I suggest to hire a Staff leasing company instead of a freelancer. because leased staff are permanent workers of a company and are easy to reach in case you need them. Freelancers do not have employers so they do as they please and sometimes cannot be contacted for various reasons.

If you have some questions, do not hesitate to contact us. Please see my sig for more information.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:17 AM

Thanks for the great advice, you guys. It will be a while before I can release the site for many, many reasons, but I will definitely print this thread off and keep it handy. I can see why most of you are concerned about trusting random freelancers online -- a local, staff leasing company would be more comfortable. I have plenty of time to plan, though, and I'm sure I'll be back to ask many more questions. And for the second time, thank you all a lot!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum