Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 12-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

When to start marketing

how many posts do you think a blog needs before you start marketing and working to build traffic? Can you start right away, or should you wait until you have a decent amount of content for your readers to browse through. I don't want to jump the gun, attract a reader, only to lose them because my blog is too new and too thin on content.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-22-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelCorrine View Post
how many posts do you think a blog needs before you start marketing and working to build traffic? Can you start right away, or should you wait until you have a decent amount of content for your readers to browse through. I don't want to jump the gun, attract a reader, only to lose them because my blog is too new and too thin on content.
You are right to think that you may lose a reader because your blog is new. But just because your blog is new doesn't mean that your reader won't come back. If you are uploading content daily or weekly, you should say so on your site. Letting your first readers know that your site is new and that you will be adding content frequently will help to bring them back.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Before i would start a blog, i would pre-populate it with blog posts and also schedule some blog posts for a few days to a week while working on backlink building (marketing). This way you know your blog will have fresh content on it for the next few days to a few weeks and can put all efforts on marketing it elsewhere.

You could also add on your blog homepage about the grand opening date of the blog. Perhaps people will get the hint that it's a new blog and to stick around for more updates from you.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

There is no too soon or too late in web marketing. Keep thinking of new traffic source instead of returning traffic.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantit View Post
There is no too soon or too late in web marketing. Keep thinking of new traffic source instead of returning traffic.
Correct, keep thinking of ways to promote your blog and driving more traffic. Surely you would require a decent amount of blog posts to give value to the visitors. I would recommend you to make a schedule for publishing your blog posts, example 1 or 2 posts daily till the time you don't see adequate traffic coming in.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:19 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Create at least 15-20 post in your blog before promotion. As many websites such as web directories don't accept websites, if the website is doesn't have enough content or crawled in search engines.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
The Avengers

For me, it doesn't matter how many the posts are, as long as you have an appealing write-ups, that is original and interesting, it can start right away

Old 01-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

start right away. begin by letting people in forums to review your site and let them tell you what needs to be edited. this way you market it and get to see how people reacted upon seeing your site.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelCorrine View Post
I won't submit a brand new blog/ website to 1000 directories, you can submit as much as you want if your blog is one year old. Good content really matters - you can't keep readers coming if you post just for the sake of having content. I usually post once a day, though the recommended is every 4 hours - you should have a whole team for that or plenty of time.

Old 01-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

My idea is this, build 10 blog posts first and that should be enough, as long as it's good content your readers will come back for more.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:26 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyH View Post
My idea is this, build 10 blog posts first and that should be enough, as long as it's good content your readers will come back for more.
Yes, when you make 10 posts, keep posting 3-4 times a week (at least). Don't forget to make links between your posts, this is very important. Link to high page rank sources as well. If you have a comments form for your posts, make sure the links are nofollow - otherwise, you will get spammed big way.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum