Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 01-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Cool Get More Twitter Followers

Friends,
How to increase your Followers count and decrease your Following count on Twitter?

Old 01-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Follow people in your niche. Find a similar twitter page to yours and follow their followers. Then unfollow the ones that don't follow you back. There's software or services that can help you with this.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Any Software/Service for FREE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocktoon93 View Post
Follow people in your niche. Find a similar twitter page to yours and follow their followers. Then unfollow the ones that don't follow you back. There's software or services that can help you with this.
Thanks! You know of any software or service facilitates this??

Old 01-09-2011, 10:30 PM
v7n Mentor

Ya the follow everyone will build your twitter followers when they follow back, but the followers will only be following you because you followed them. These people will ignore your links and content. When you tweet a link about your blog they won't care, when you ask a question they won't answer, and don't expect any retweets.

Now if you would like a twitter following that enjoys following you and will do all the things mentioned above try marketing your twitter profile on your website and blog. Next treat your twitter account as a micro blogging platform rather than spamming. Follow who you want to follow and try to learn from expert tweeters rather than un following people who don't follow back. I prefer to unfollow people who don't post quality content. Anyway just my thoughts on increasing your twitter followers.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:56 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

You should display your twitter account on your website that way people will actually follow you and be interested in your blog when you post a link on twitter. Also, follow as much people as you can so they can follow back.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Okey! See, I've approx 14000 following and 13547 followers.. I want to reduce my following without decreasing my followers..

Anyway of doing that??

Old 01-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Contributing Member

Most of full time bloggers have a twitter id and they all are showed it in their blogs too. Follow them and comment their blog posts. They will also do the same to you :-)

Old 01-10-2011, 08:57 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
Goodbye

One place to start is with twitter karma http://dossy.org/twitter/karma/

It is slow so best to try to run it first thing in the morning. Search all of those you are following and see who has not posted for 30 days or so. Unfollow them. If they are spambots they will auto unfollow you, but if they are live people they will not.

Next go to tweet attacks http://tweetattacks.com/free-twitter...-software.html
There you can auto unfollow anyone who is not following you back.

With the size of your account you might find you can eliminate a few thousand people that way.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Follow them and they will follow you back. That works for me. To decrease many unfollow, check the last login date of the id you're following, if you think they are stagnant and hasn't retweeted for months, unfollow them.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:21 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Access more on twitter, Follow more with what your are like, decrease unfollow.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Well.. I'm trying out my own marketing technique and here's the results

Previously I had "14000 Following, and 13547 Followers, 178 Listed"
Now I have "14347 Following, and 14720 Followers, 189 Listed".

Old 01-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I have noticed that when I twit about a trending topic & adding a hash tag on it, there would one or two that will be my follower.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:46 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayamDas2010 View Post
Thanks! You know of any software or service facilitates this??
You could use HummingBird or TwitterBlaster Pro. They are commercial software.
There are other free alternatives, but they have some restrictions.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Contributing Member

I have used http://tweepml.org/ and since I did that 6 months ago I seem to steadly get new followers each and every day without having to work on it. Just something to try, they are improving there site right now to which means it will probably be that much better.

Learn How To submit your website to a Web Directory

Old 01-22-2011, 07:19 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I'm currently improving my followers quality! There are few tricks which I'm implementing... lets see if my experiment gives the desired results! Friends, Thanks for you help!

If you know any other strategy other than the usual Follow-First then Unfollow.. plz share!

Old 01-24-2011, 11:51 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Cool Yup! It happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_green View Post
I have noticed that when I twit about a trending topic & adding a hash tag on it, there would one or two that will be my follower.
even I've noticed it.. and we can get more followers if you tweet out an interesting answer mentioning the trending hashtag

Old 02-08-2011, 03:56 AM

Hi

Why would you want to stop following people that don't follow you?

Does it carry a detrimental effect if you follow too many people?

Old 02-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Latest Blog:
None

This is the strategy that I've used and it's been pretty effective. It takes constant optimization but if you stay consistent with the process you'll quickly build your follower base. Also keep in mind that a lot of the followers you gain will not be quality followers so this strategy is really just for building numbers and not building your interactions.

What I do is go find an account with lots of followers that tweets similar topics or information that you do. Open up their followers and begin to add anyone who follows them and has tweeted a message in the last couple days. This tells you that first off the person is active so they should see your follow...which raises your chances of them following back. Second, since they recently followed the person's account you are going through, there's a better chance they will be interested in what you tweet about as well.

I usually do this process above every Sunday or Monday and I'll follow anywhere between 150-200 new people. Wait till Friday (so 5 days) and then use this Twitter API http://manageflitter.com/

It lets you see who is not following you back, who you are following that is inactive, and several more. You can then do a quick bulk unfollow for those.

Essentially it's a add, rinse, repeat type of process but it works pretty well.

As for creating good followers who you want to interact with...well for that you'll have to actually interact with them to get them to follow you. I usually start off by creating lists before I start the mass follow process so that I can easily organize my valuable followers from the followers who I don't care about and just want for stats reasons.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Closed Thread