Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-20-2012, 05:38 AM
Digital Marketing Consultant

I just love this article Email Marketing Campaign: Analysis, Metrics, Best Practices. It suggest to think of outcome, analyze to measure the effectiveness. It is just so thorough, that I would only ask you to get acquainted to it. It will be an eye opener

Share your thoughts here, when you have a chance.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:04 AM
Contributing Member

Gayana thank you for the tip and article. I'll check it out.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:59 PM
Latest Blog:
None

I discourage you to do email campaigns. People are pissed off with these too much advertising mails flooding their inbox.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae Rose View Post
I discourage you to do email campaigns. People are pissed off with these too much advertising mails flooding their inbox.
Then why do a lot of the top guru's, large companies still use email campaigns to get big sales?

Email marketing is still the most important thing to cashing in on loyal visitors. Some people just don't do this right and end up getting labeled as a spammer.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 03-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Contributing Member

Mae Rose,
You should have an email to inform you followers of new things, thoughts or ideas. If they are loyal followers then will not P!$$ them off. I agree with snakeair that emailing is still a very important thing.

Just don't be sending out 1,000 emails a day.

I'm still learning about using email marketing and by no means a expert on the subject. Just refering back to what I have read or been told myself.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Contributing Member

OK, I just added a bottom post email optin to my site. I hear that post bottoms are a great way to capture leads, plus I give a Free Ebook too. Dang this is fun stuff!!

Old 03-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Contributing Member

Try to think about some good ideas for internet marketing, collect them in one word document, convert to PDF, offer it with every email subscription

Otherwise, try aweber, it's geek on the email marketing side.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Contributing Member

I have getresponse as my autoresponder, I'm pretty happy with them. Was just excited I actually got an ebook out for people to have. of course no one is getting it yet...but we will see.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

First of all build the opt-in email listings and then choose a email marketing service provider to send out the Emails to your contacts in the Email lists.

Provide the information which is easily understandable by the reader
Use the Email subject, like eye catchy/interesting
try to make it colorful
provide appropriate website/page links

this is all i follow when i sending a email out.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Contributing Member

c5c1lia,

Thank you I appreciate the advice and tips. I am trying to get subscribers, offering a free eBook too which I think might help.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:46 AM
Latest Blog:
None

start from using a open source phplist for the mass mailing with only the initial set up cost when you let someone to install and teach to you.

set up your own email collecting channels, such as msn, skype, opt-in email subscription, facebook friends, email address friends, all old name cards email, association directory or company internal email address etc.

look for a good hosting company who care and support your operating of your mass mailing.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:29 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

The thing in e-mail marketing is that it should be desired by a client nowadays. These gurus know whom to send e-mails to and when to, and that is the point.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:55 AM
Latest Blog:
None

somemore sharing from my friend's experience:
1. no longer the html is better, since more and more people use the mobile phone for email.
2. the email is not just from yahoo or gmail etc, it means also inviting people to add the facebook account and join the own-set-up-group, where all email are receivable and not claimed to be spam.
3. inviting people to msn and set the own msn group, for a mass mailing similiar function of sending the mass-chatting message
4. My friend from China and India even use the lucky-day to send the mass mailing, some of the people trust the luck in the earth by selecting a lucky time to start. and in their email also put the fortune logo there for endorsing more power, such as ganesh (one of indian money god, pls respect culture, don't lol).
5. occasionally, it can also use the tell-a-friend open source plug-in to recommend a page (in fact, it's your products) to all your friends.

all are in alternative using and comes the different effect, the important is the bringing of the traffic to the site. since the mass mailing is not for selling products, it's for selling an invitation bringing people to our expected sites.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:18 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Hi there! i believe this would be of some help
http://www.infusionblog.com/email-ma...s-and-tactics/

Old 06-06-2012, 02:21 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

The Most of the important thing is Always include your company information. Your business name, website address, email address, physical address, and phone number. This will help keep you from being flagged by SPAM filters and add credibility to your campaigns.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arish View Post
The Most of the important thing is Always include your company information. Your business name, website address, email address, physical address, and phone number. This will help keep you from being flagged by SPAM filters and add credibility to your campaigns.
Actually the most important thing is to have the person opt-in to your email list. If they don't, they have legit proof to report you as a spammer.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum