Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Website has some visitors, but no sales

Website has some stable (but small) visitor flow.
But no sales and no questions from visitors.
Can anyone advice reason?
Website is about bookkeeping services, but describing, I will use SEO services (because i think SEO is more understandable for you).
So, want to sell SEO services. Website contains keywords SEO services (title, url, H1, other text).
Website includes samples of SEO services (for example, sample of SEO services submitting to directories, doing social bookmark, creating pages etc.)
In google analytics I see that visitors have found website for example for keywords like
SEO services sample directories submission
SEO services sample social bookmarking
But no questions from visitors.
Does it mean that these visitors are not potential buyers of SEO services (not targeted visitors)?

And the main question is - if I want to promote SEO services, about what keywords I must write to get potential customers (buyers of SEO services) to visit my website?
I mean I do not need visitors that visit my website to learn SEO, I need visitors that need SEO services...

Old 02-22-2012, 01:44 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

If you're getting a small fraction of traffic you can't expect sales. You need to wait a bit and try to increase your traffic so that you can have opportunities for sale.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:53 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

You mean content may be the same (about sample of services)? Only need to write more pages?

Does it mean for example, that from 100 visitors, 99 visit with aim to learn (or are my competitors) and only 1 visitor need services? No matter what content I write?

Hope it is understandable what I am writing

Old 02-22-2012, 04:47 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Hi rigaconnect,

I clicked your 'bookkeeping services' link - is this your site with the problem? If so, maybe a little use of colour would help split the text up so it was more obvious the services you can provide. That may help you to convert more sales.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:51 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Yes, this is the site with the problem.

More color around keywords (bookkeeping services)? .... need to think, but my opinion that visitors should be aware what services are offered in that website...

Old 02-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigaconnect View Post
More color around keywords (bookkeeping services)? .... need to think, but my opinion that visitors should be aware what services are offered in that website...
Hi, yes I meant a little colour in the main body of text - to break up the paragraphs and be easier to read...

However, there is one BIG problem with your website that you must fix to help with your Google ranking - your keyword density is bad, i.e. the keyword 'bookkeeper' is used too often. This looks like Keyword Stuffing to Google and it will penalize you for this. When you code your website, it is useful to use your keyword in the title, links, headers and text (as you have done) but the overall number of times a keyword should feature across the website is within 3% - 5% Keyword Density - do a little research on this, it's true.

Also, you can find out your keyword density using Google's Webmaster Tools, as well as find out a lot more useful stuff to do with your website. Hopefully this will help you

Old 02-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

I mean this as helpful advice and not as an insult,

Quote:
your keyword density is bad, i.e. the keyword 'bookkeeper' is used too often. This looks like Keyword Stuffing to Google and it will penalize you for this.
Not only will Google punish you but your potential customers will run for the same reason. It looks like a site designed for adsense to serve bookkeeping ads.

Why do you need the translate function? Accounting practices around the world vary so much that I doubt anyone can offer international advice or services. Foucus on your market. Write pages for people and the bots will follow.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:02 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigaconnect View Post
Website has some stable (but small) visitor flow.
But no sales and no questions from visitors.
Can anyone advice reason?
Website is about bookkeeping services, but describing, I will use SEO services (because i think SEO is more understandable for you).
So, want to sell SEO services. Website contains keywords SEO services (title, url, H1, other text).
Website includes samples of SEO services (for example, sample of SEO services submitting to directories, doing social bookmark, creating pages etc.)
In google analytics I see that visitors have found website for example for keywords like
SEO services sample directories submission
SEO services sample social bookmarking
But no questions from visitors.
Does it mean that these visitors are not potential buyers of SEO services (not targeted visitors)?

And the main question is - if I want to promote SEO services, about what keywords I must write to get potential customers (buyers of SEO services) to visit my website?
I mean I do not need visitors that visit my website to learn SEO, I need visitors that need SEO services...

You might be missing something like a potential CTA (call-to-action) on your landing pages when visitors try to visit and land on your website.

It is possible that you may have a good number of daily visitors but no sales at all. Probably, users land on your landing pages or homepage - yet after a few seconds, get out of your website and do nothing on where they landed on your page at all. Again, a good CTA and clear intent of what yo offer on your website may get your not just traffic but also conversion.

Knowing what keywords to target for your SEO services is quite tough. What you can do is to know and learn first what your competitors are targeting as well.

I usually use Spyfu, and SEMrush in checking some of my competitor keywords just to analyze keyword competition, etc.

Regards,
MJ T.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Thanks for advices.
Deleted some words ''bookkeeper''.

Website initially was created for adsense. But now not. I am offering only my services and no ads.

Website offers bookkeeping services, not accounting. Bookkeeping is almost the same everywhere (recording transactions in books; debit/credit). Accountant then uses recorded data and calculates taxes, prepares and submits reports. So translation would be useful if someone knows English a little. Visitor can read translated text (ok, it would not be good translation, but may help visitor).

Keyword Stuffing is bad, I agree. But this is not intentional keyword stuffing...

Could you place link of website that is good sample (offering services)?

Last edited by rigaconnect; 02-22-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator

I still tend to think of it as a local service business but it looks like some are moving beyond that. Here are a couple of random nicer looking site that a Google search revealed.

PHP Code:
books2taxes.com/

bookkeepingservicesindia.com

Old 02-23-2012, 04:28 AM

First, decide what your website exactly is about. If your website is about book keeping and selling, your website's content should strictly be according to that. It it not right that your websites contains something else and you are showing google something else. Othr reason of not increasing sales may be that visitors don't find the tings they are looking for on your website. So just tell your visitors and google about the things that you really sell.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:31 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
I still tend to think of it as a local service business but it looks like some are moving beyond that. Here are a couple of random nicer looking site that a Google search revealed.

PHP Code:
books2taxes.com/

bookkeepingservicesindia.com
Thanks
Yes, These are India based websites rendering bookkeeping services around the world. I think websites are old and with many backlinks...
But they write how good they are etc. So question is why do I need to trust them

Old 02-23-2012, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

We have old saying that is taught in all the marketing classes. It may lose something as you translate it to your native language.

Quote:
You only get one chance to make a first impression.
People will judge you, your site and the value of the content, goods and services by their first impression. With a web site, the first thing they see is your home page. They have set their mind to read and perhaps buy or they are turned off when that first page loads.

It pays to take the time to make it as sharp and professional as you can make it. That does not mean it needs to be full of slow loading graphics or images but it must convey whatever you are selling in a manner that interests the buyer.

The Google search page is about as simple as it it gets, but it conveys the impression we are all business and here to find what you need. Think about this.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesfreak View Post
If you're getting a small fraction of traffic you can't expect sales. You need to wait a bit and try to increase your traffic so that you can have opportunities for sale.
Agreed. Get a bit more traffic to your site, it could be that your conversion % is going to be low, so you'll need some decent traffic.

The other approach is improving your conversion % - make it easier for customers to browse your products and purchase from your site. Make it clear why customers should buy from you over competitors.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Thanks for information
Now I thinking that keywords for which visitors can find my website are not sales related keywords. In google analytics I can see that visitors find my website for keywords ''what is bookkeeping'', ''how to become a bookkeeper'', ''how to do bookkeeping'' and like this
It appears that these visitors are not buyers, but want to learn bookkeeping or render bookkeeping services or work as bookkeepers...
As I understand I need to get in good search position for highly competitive keyword ''bookkeeping services''.
Seems simply need to continue work and wait....

Old 02-27-2012, 03:58 AM
Latest Blog:
None

It's hard to know without seeing your website, niche and your competitors.

However, what you need to work on is probably your website presentation and specifically conversion optimisation ie: optimising your web layout and content to convert customers to sales. Try ready articles about this topic on sites liek seomoz or searchengineland and these should give you some pretty quick generic pointers that may help initially.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:17 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

This is the typical webmaster mentality, "I am getting traffic, why not any sales?"

The answer is simple, you cannot expect every lead to turn into a sale, in other words you cannot expect every visitor that your site receives to even be interested in what you are offering, nonetheless expect all of them to buy something.

With starting any online venture, you should always focus on what your "potential" clients need, not what you need. When you put your desire to make money over, the desire to offer a great service to visitors. That is when you come the realization at which you are upon now.

Much Thanks,

BiologyWebmaster

Old 02-29-2012, 03:12 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Only getting visitors from different source will not going help you to generate leads. You need to concentrate on your targeted visitors. It is most important aspect which normally get ignore by online business owner.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:47 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

The more traffic you draw to your website - the bigger the chance that someone will purchase.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:52 AM

matter of time, calm down and keep working Seo and results will appear

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum