Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

Share |
Old 09-04-2012, 05:49 AM

Question Have you tried Press Release?

I have heard of Press Release but not tried it yet. Can anyone give his experience about press release? How beneficial is this and do you need upfront money to try press release?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-04-2012, 07:09 AM

There are some services that provide free press release distribution, although they are not as good as the paid ones. Press releases can be very effective, especially if it get's picked up by another company and gets published by them. There are many companies that offer press release writing and distribution services. If you really have some major news to spread, or something unique/original, it can be a good way to get extra traffic/seo.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Contributing Member

Not yet, but I'm curious to try it. I heard it's effective and can bring alot of traffic to your site. First thing to do is to learn how to do this.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:57 AM

I think that press release will definitely boost up the traffic to your site for the keywords targeted.

I haven't tried much however press releases do help in this context.

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 09-13-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Contributing Member

I have tried press releases, but not much happened - no traffic and no sales. Could me my fault as well, cos i bought a really cheap package. I have read several reports saying press releases done the right way is supposed to be very effective and it could be interesting to hear a few success stories.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:59 AM
Contributing Member

Of course press release is a very good way of getting traffic for your site.
But it is more effective and useful ,when any type of company or magazine picked up your press release .They will choose it,if it is more effective and informative and can impress them .

Old 09-06-2012, 11:29 AM

Press Releases are very effective if targeted properly. Paid releases can grant you a broader coverage and also allow you to target specific regions and markets. The releases that get picked up and rewritten are informative, have new information on the subject and are not trying to sell products.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:16 PM

If you go for press releases don't go for the cheap packages they are completely useless.
However there is one free websites which is good prlog.com.

If your PR is well written it can bring you a good amount of visitors and more importantly also some very good SEO value.

If you want the best go for prweb.com.

Also I found a package (looks as a good deal and also includes prweb.com) recently on another forum but I currently can't find the link any more where it went too. Anyway haven't tried that package yet so can't say much about that.

A nice extra is that when you use prweb you can put a 'as soon on CNN, BBC etc' on your site as they publish there as well. PRweb is 100% valuable for SEO and visitors when written well. However it is not cheap

Old 09-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Contributing Member

If you're going to issue a press release I think a few things:

1. Make sure you've got a story - have a hook that will make it stick out. No one really is interested in a simple product launch, they happen all the time.

2. Get the press release professionally written - or at least edited. Some of the PR networks offer this option. If you're hoping to get picked up by some of the more influential publications having a well written PR is essential.

3. You can send your PR out to free distribution networks - and there are plenty of people on Fivver who offer to do this for you. But I'd say think more carefully about targeting particular publications - must of them are more likely to pick up your PR if sent to them directly, and if they feel they're getting an exclusive.

4. Build up a network of contacts - Linkedin is an obvious place to start. Try and foster relationships with people at publications you'll ultimately want you PR to go. This will pay off over the longer term.

Just my thoughts - and it really is about writing a PR to tell a great story. Not for the sole purpose of trying to secure backlinks. Though of course if it is a great story that will naturally follow!

Old 09-09-2012, 03:31 AM
Contributing Member

Press release is writing for the announcement of the any new product and service regarding to your niche.
There are so many sites of press release .You can submit press release there to get traffic for your site.
PR release considers a very good source for back links.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:13 AM

I never tried for press release!
i have no mind about this because i am wanted to improve my online business!
can it improve my business?

Old 09-23-2012, 08:31 PM

I have, and I think it's a pretty decent way to get out there as long as your release is with a company that can actually get your information out there. Pick the right one and it'll do some very good things for you, don't stick to something that gets you hardly any visibility.

Old 09-29-2012, 05:33 AM
Contributing Member

Yes, it's really effective in SEO terms especially when you're doing tons of link building, it helps improve your link porfotlio. It's great to mix those links up a bit for better ranking in SEO. Good PR juice.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:37 AM

Free press releases are worthless, I've heard good things about prweb, though it's not cheap

Old 09-30-2012, 08:34 AM

I always ude press releases, it is very beneficial. bit you should find high-ranked directories and write good press releases

Old 09-30-2012, 09:58 AM
Contributing Member

I've tried press releases several times, and the greatest results often work better in the form of a News Paper. I despise the internet press releases simply because they always send me traffic from across the country (Which is good), but I need local clients.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:50 PM

I've used free press release sites but can't say how well they were working for me 'cause I didn't have a tracking system in place to monitorize my traffic. WP Stats plugin is good for watching where the traffic comes from. Probably paid press release sites are better if you know how to write a good press release article.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:05 PM

6 months back i tried press release and for 1 week i got around 1000 visitors per day to my website. I didn't improved my rankings but traffic increased significantly. After few days that traffic stopped. But now after the recent google update PR websites got huge uplift and i m seeing some traffic through them again. PR are always good to announce your business to the world.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Contributing Member

I have tried free press releases and saw no results. PRweb seems to be pretty amazing. I monitor 20 keyword combinations with Google Alert and I see a ton of different insurance companies who use them. They often get the same article all over the web.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:37 AM

Yea it is useful

I have tried this and got result. Free and Paid both will be workable if you make your press unique and useful to others. so make your press helpful for others.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum