Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 08-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Organic Search Vs. Paid Advertisement

When it comes to promote website or business on the Internet, to start attracting the targeted audience to the website, question arises how do you attract the targeted visitor to you website? Broadly two advertising modules come in the mind of webmasters. First approach is to place the paid ads on the internet, which includes directories, portals, search engines like yahoo and google. The other one is organic or natural traffic through search engines when any one is searching information on the search engines by using keywords is called Organic Search Engine Optimization.

Paid Web Advertisement
Paid web marketing is the fast way to start driving the traffic to your website and effective too. The methods involves
1) Paid banner advertisement on other websites
2) Pay per Click on Google, Yahoo and Other major search engines.
3) Press releases

Organic/ Natural Web Marketing
Organic traffic, as the name implies, it’s the traffic come to websites naturally through the search engines, directories, blogs. Some more Natural Web Marketing Includes
1) Referred from search engines.
2) Any link on web
3) URL’s on Letter head, business cards, etc

Paid or Organic - Which method I should use for my website?

When it comes to select one best option between the two either Paid and Organic, most webmaster do mistake here by comparing one and neglecting the other method.

To reap maximum benefits. The webmaster should not give ignorance to one. Paid methods are quickest methods to catch the eye balls of visitors and driving the traffic to new websites, especially for an e-commerce website till organic listings kicks in.

The natural/ organic search marketing take few months to harvest the benefits as like you sow the seeds and the results come after few months. Organic search marketing requires optimistic patience and time.

If you already have the organic presence then paid campaigns can boost up the traffic.

Market a website is important to establish the brand identity, whether it’s through organic free listings or paid advertising.

Facts You Should Mind Before Launching Paid Campaigns

1) Don’t List very generic keywords related to industry domain. The keywords should highly specifically to your services and region. For example if you have Web Design Company in UK, then you should use not very generic keywords like web design and website design, generic keywords can ruin your advertising budgets.
2) Description should be enough impressive to attract the visitors.
3) Landing URL should be highly related to keywords you bid.
4) Be sure about the daily and monthly budgets. You should keep an eye on which keyword is getting clicks, and compare the conversion ratio.
5) Tweak the descriptions and keywords if you find the keywords are not getting enough clicks.

So now you able to choose the appropriate method to drive traffic to your website. Remember, simplify launching website can’t solves the purpose itself. Your website could be the effective tool to generate the traffic and revenue or sales leads.

--

By Brijesh Kumar (me)...Dared to write first time...

Old 08-27-2006, 01:23 PM

Hello,

Personally, I feel a targeted PPC campaign is the best online marketing anyone can invest in. I use PPC to market an inexpensive product which gives me a very responsive lead. I then market my business opportunity to this opt-in list I've created using PPC. This really works well. Also, my inexpensive product pays for my PPC campaigns.

Feel free to contact me for more information.

Old 08-31-2006, 05:36 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Hello,

Nice post Webexpertz. I started by organic search on my e-commerce but it doesn't bring a huge traffic, I recently opted for PPC. The problem is to calibrate the compaign.

With what budget should I start, and how many keywords should I use to start?

Do you have a suggestion?

Thanks a lot

Robespierre

Old 08-31-2006, 08:06 PM

I know this question wasn't for me but the budget all depends on what keywords are most effective and the ROI if you see keywords are not bringing in the money or the traffic then put them on hold and try others out.

Old 08-31-2006, 08:39 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Hello Seomonkey,

I just put 45 keywords and see how it goes. I will keep the most powerful.

Thanks

Robespierre

Old 09-03-2006, 06:42 AM

I'll chime in too.

PPC is not a PASSIVE thing. You must contantly evaluate ROI to determine how you are doing. Niice thing is, if you construct it properly, you can measure as each new set of keywords is added and keep only the most profitable...

if your sales cycle is short and your keywords are profitable, you will be ramping up your budget rather quickly...Start small and then build quickly

Best;

Eric

Southern Indiana Web Works

Old 09-07-2006, 09:46 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

HI Natural,

regarding the keywords you should choose keywords which are highly specific to your business and non generic keywords.

You should always use affordable budget which is affordable, its kind of risk if you use huge money on ppc campaign. PPC proves well for many and unlucky for fews. so try your lunk in that.

Good Luck...

Old 09-07-2006, 11:29 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Should anyone want to get their feet wet with PPC, Yahoo offers $50 free credit for opening an account and I've seen a Google Adwords link with $50 credit as well. Just search on Google

Old 09-08-2006, 06:23 AM

You need both

Eric is right in that PPC is not passive, and it requires constant tweaking. More importantly, when you figure out which terms are converting at the highest rate, you can focus your organic efforts on those terms.

The common mistake is to yank the PPC listing once you've succeeded organicially. Don't do that! There is only so much room on a SERP; why not dominate? Your conversions will be better if you are on BOTH the organic and paid side.

Old 09-11-2006, 06:26 PM

Brijesh, you may want to use http:// in your article author bio links at articletogo. Just a thought.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:38 AM

Search engine Optimization: organic has been show..

<SPAM>

Last edited by John Scott; 10-08-2006 at 07:20 PM. Reason: SPAM - Self promotion

Old 09-13-2006, 03:38 AM

Hey Jean-Luc,

it is interesting that you mentioned about having 45 keywords. Should'nt it be between 200 to 2000 keywords to play around. I prefer to have my keywords to be phrased.

like for instance "money monkey"

Instead of doing a broad search. This way I could make my keywords more targeted and if it becomes inactive (when bidding price exceeds my budget)- I'll just delete it. After all, inactive keywords is the beginning of 'death' to a marketing campaign.

Old 09-13-2006, 10:21 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Hi Vern, I agree. Have you read Steve's article on the The Search Engine Tail?

As far as PPC vs Organic. I have to 2nd the notion that it's a great way to get started as long as Organic isn't forgotten. At first I felt PPC was the only way to go, but I'm finding an increased conversion in my organic efforts. Plus, I found a forum of folks running the same kind of shopping cart system as myself and when the topic comes up, I find I'm almost alone in PPC and they are all doing very well with just organic.

Old 10-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Hello,

I decided to forget PPC and focus on organic seo. I don't have the knowledge to do that anyway, but I tried. I noticed many people came from articles on my site and products. I will keep going to increase High Ranking links pointed to my site. That's all I have to say.

Thanks

Robespierre

Old 11-01-2006, 10:40 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Hello Vern,

I re-activate my Google adwords with 450 keywords. I will test again their system for a while and I am check the results.

I will try to increase the quatity of keywords.

Thanks

Robespierre

Old 11-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Like SEO, PPC is a live and changing market. Just like you can't keep the same site unchanged and expect it to rank highly forever, you can't keep the same bids or keywords in a campaign and expect it to convert forever. Research, fine tuning, adding to your list and messing around with bid amounts all add up to making a good campaign. Just make sure your sample sizes are not too small to account for irregularities.

Old 11-01-2006, 04:46 PM

As long as you don't use broad keywords then PPC is the way to get TARGETED traffic to your site.

Old 11-01-2006, 05:45 PM

Erm, you still can get targeted traffic for 2-3 keyphrases, but it won't convert as well as the long tail traffic. Does this mean that we should target only the long tail? No. This just means that we should target both.

By the way, there are many more ways to promote your website, if you focus on your customers.

Old 11-02-2006, 12:18 AM

Lightbulb keywords startup

Hi Jean,

Great .

Now you just need to monitor it daily or
weekly.

Be sure to set a target on what kind of CTR
you want to achieve. I believe that
the best way to test is split test between
different ads. It's not hard to do. But it
does cost money.

There's just quite a number of elements
to consider so it's best that you focus
on one thing before moving to the next.

Best regards,

Vern

Old 11-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebreton View Post
Hello,

Personally, I feel a targeted PPC campaign is the best online marketing anyone can invest in. I use PPC to market an inexpensive product which gives me a very responsive lead. I then market my business opportunity to this opt-in list I've created using PPC. This really works well. Also, my inexpensive product pays for my PPC campaigns.

Feel free to contact me for more information.
This sounds like a good solid strategy. Lets you build your list and covers the cost of doing so.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum