Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 01-24-2016, 11:41 PM

Link building for 2016

What are some best practices for link building in 2016?

Please advise.

Shweta

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-25-2016, 01:49 AM
Contributing Member

Well there are lots of activities which you can do for link building :
1. social bookmarking
2. directory submissions
3. article submission
4. blogging/guest blogging
5. forums posting
6. link exchange/reciprocal linking

Old 01-25-2016, 04:32 AM

The best practices for link building 2016 is...

-Forum Posting
-Article Posting
-Press Release
-Blog Posting

Old 01-26-2016, 12:48 AM

Link Building Best Practices:
Replicating best backlinks from competitors through blogger review, directories, and blog comments
Write guest articles
Article Marketing
Get Active On social media
Make Infographics

Old 01-26-2016, 03:19 AM
Contributing Member

The link building methods that have worked in 2015 are still working now in 2016.
The majority of the methods described by users above involve spamming, please don`t do them. (blog commenting, forum posting, please don`t spamm Quora or Yahoo Answers).
Do-follow blogs? I would like to see some do-follow blogs that are not completely trashed by spamm and therefore useless.
I would suggest you to focus on creating your own original content and you will organically get backlinks if the content is good.
You can also contact blogs that are in the same niche as you and offer to guest post in exchange of linking back to your blogs.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:56 AM
Contributing Member

Focus on content marketing. Create relevant and quality content which other websites like to publish on their sites, which can give you quality back links.

Old 01-27-2016, 12:49 PM
Contributing Member

Tiered Link Building & PBN's. I came across a tutorial on it on this guys site (matthewwoodward(dot)co(dot)uk). He puts out great tried & tested info so I would definitely check it out if you're serious about SEO & link building.

Old 01-27-2016, 01:29 PM
v7n Mentor

What an epic thread! I hope my competitors are following all the advice being given!

Old 01-28-2016, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veraajverma View Post
Well there are lots of activities which you can do for link building :
1. social bookmarking
2. directory submissions
3. article submission
4. blogging/guest blogging
5. forums posting
6. link exchange/reciprocal linking
But Be careful Because some of them can get you hit by Google Penguin algorithm. Such as article submission, directory submission, blog commenting...

Old 01-28-2016, 02:37 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijuseo View Post
But Be careful Because some of them can get you hit by Google Penguin algorithm. Such as article submission, directory submission, blog commenting...
Can you explain why you can be hit by Penguin if you do these practices?

Old 02-02-2016, 12:05 AM

Tired Link Building & PBN and web 2.0 can be great ideas for link building.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:54 AM
Contributing Member

There are some types of link building but social media marketing and guest blogging is the best of traffic in your website and ranking.

Old 02-02-2016, 05:07 AM

Blogging basically content marketing
Social Bookmarking
Forum posting
do follow classifieds and business listing

good luck

Old 02-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Individualist

Build a quality product and be an market leader and people will link to you.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Administrator

directory submissions - only if they are good quality, related to the theme of your site and not filled with spam listings. Is That Directory Link Unnatural?

article submission - Google went after a bunch of the popular article submission sites a few years ago. Matt Cutts: Using Article Directories for Links? Just No

guest blogging - dead unless you do it for the old fashion reason of building your credibility. The decay and fall of guest blogging for SEO

forums posting - only if you participate in the conversations properly. Quality Posting

link exchange/reciprocal linking - Never was a good idea and still isn't:
Quote:
Any links intended to manipulate PageRank or a site's ranking in Google search results may be considered part of a link scheme and a violation of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. This includes any behavior that manipulates links to your site or outgoing links from your site.
Link schemes - Google Search Console Help

Press Release - only if you have news. Press Releases Are Not an SEO Strategy

blog comments - just like forum posting, only if you contribute to the conversation

do-follow blogs - For the umpteenth time, there is no such thing as a do follow link. The website owner either applies the nofollow attribute to outgoing links or not. A link is followed by the bots. The nofollow attribute only determines how the specific engine deals with learning about the link.

quality content which other websites like to publish on their sites - this is a duplicate content issue whether you allow your own article from your own site to be republished or whether you submit to article sites that permit republication.

tiered link building - sounds like a lot of work and risky.
Quote:
With all the changes Google has made to eliminate “black hat” SEO practices, tiered link building took a huge hit.
Tiered Link Building: Did It Survive the New Year?

PBN (Private Blog Networks) - as already mentioned in another thread where this person mentioned this, Google when after blog networks, notably the one run by Ann Smarty. Google Targets Sites Using Private Blog Networks With Manual Action Ranking Penalties

So does anyone have any ideas that are not going to get you in trouble with Google other than John?
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
Build a quality product and be an market leader and people will link to you.

Old 02-03-2016, 02:44 AM

As some others have said. The forum posting is tricky. I've actually seen some new users come into forums I own and do this. For a site that doesn't get much traffic it might be a good thing for the site in question to let it happen as it makes it look like there is activity but I'd say at least 50% of the time these conversations appear spam like so not only as a site owner do you want to remove these threads, I wouldn't suggest doing it in other forums either.

Typically when I've posted in forums, I'd go into forums in which it was an interest I had or and interest that related to the promotion of said link, included it within my signature and made my posts. You'd be surprised at the traffic it generates. Although that's traffic, not SEO as many will have nofollows on signatures.

In the end, I'd probably advise against joining a forum with the sole purpose of having a conversation only to spam links. Focus more of your attention on building great content and spreading that content around on the social sites or talk to other sites in your industry that relate and ask them to back link to it from their social profile, forum or their blog. I've built up good quality back links this way.

Old 02-04-2016, 02:09 AM
Contributing Member

Guest post, blog commenting, discussion sites and forums, feed submission and competitive analysis are the best SEP practice to boost strong backlinks in 2016.

Old 02-08-2016, 04:16 AM

A lot of people are saying forum posting is a good method but I come across a lot of sources that say otherwise, such as MOZblog and Matt Cutts.

Old 02-08-2016, 01:19 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by savitasingh View Post
Guest post, blog commenting, discussion sites and forums, feed submission and competitive analysis are the best SEP practice to boost strong backlinks in 2016.
None of those are strong backlinks. They are weak or spam links and are re likely to get you penalized by Penguin and/or a manual unnatural link penalty!

as I said above:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
What an epic thread! I hope my competitors are following all the advice being given!

Old 02-10-2016, 01:26 AM
Contributing Member

Link building is very important part of SEO and you can create links by Forum posting, Article Submission, Blog Commenting, Social Bookmarking, etc.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Closed Thread