Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

Share |
Old 02-22-2016, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Link Building Tactic You Need to Know in 2016

Did anything get missed in this list?

Quote:
Let’s not mince words: Most link building guides are utterly terrifying for the average person. Broken link building, ego bait, content marketing, and email outreach is not exactly what most of us want to take on when we’re running our own business or managing client expectations on a day-to-day basis—or ever. So. Much. Can. Go. Wrong. In the grand scheme of SEO strategies for 2016, link building is, undoubtedly, the most overwhelming tactic.
Continued at: https://www.searchenginejournal.com/...w-2016/156519/

Any thoughts on the blog post?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-22-2016, 09:35 PM
Contributing Member

Online Magazine - Publish Your Book - These are just 2 that are missed.

Quote:
If you can create a brand ambassador that will represent your brand for years to come, even better!
Interesting considering most don't take this approach but it can be extremely powerful. I am going to launch a new brand ambassador contest on the 1st of March. This is how you gain massive "Natural" links that are shared by the masses.

As shown in the image above you will see just 1 post with massive reach. The new contest I will be launching will do double what the above did. Using brand ambassadors is one of the most powerful marketing strategies you can do for your business.

Most just regurgitate the same crap over and over such as guest post, blog comments, social bookmarks and blah blah blah. They never take the initiative to think outside the box!

Backlinks are NOT the top ranking factor - Proper on-site SEO and Quality Content are! With that said natural link building can be very powerful (ie: brand ambassadors)

Old 02-25-2016, 03:51 AM
Contributing Member

One of the top marketing "secrets" gets released and no replies ... lmao!!!

And people wonder why they get nowhere ....

Old 03-14-2016, 11:42 PM
Contributing Member

I really appreciate the mention contents, but still i have some doubts about it. As you have quoted "build relationship with the people of same niche and share link among them."

is it falls under the category of asking the others to be a partner and give link on the page.

Doubt 2:

If i'm launching any fb and sharing a single link massively.

Will it affect the ranking?

Old 03-30-2016, 12:31 PM

OrdAllenbea, how did you put your post (picture) in front of so many people because i see where you reached 42,000 people. This is what i want to learn to do, but can't find anyone to tell me where to put my post. And believe me, i do appreciate every word you can tell me.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:12 PM
Contributing Member

It's simple participate, engage, and be careful with who you associate with. Been on facebook for years but have less than 500 friends because I reject most and besides I spend less than 1 hour a day on facebook. Ill give you a hint though - ambassadors can be very powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveyardwillie View Post
OrdAllenbea, how did you put your post (picture) in front of so many people because i see where you reached 42,000 people. This is what i want to learn to do, but can't find anyone to tell me where to put my post. And believe me, i do appreciate every word you can tell me.

Old 03-31-2016, 01:31 AM
Contributing Member

I dont think you missed anything.
But, add resource links strategy. Google is giving very importance for resource links.

Old 04-01-2016, 04:23 AM
Banned

Nice to see this information but i want to say that , I think you missed some think. Now I think google point of view "Brand" is most important now. What you say guys, Is it right..? If you use your "Brand" in link building, Google like it as compared to keyword.
Like we are providing wedding dress in USA and our Brand is PAKROBE

Old 04-01-2016, 05:27 AM
Contributing Member

Branding is for your business not Google. Google could care less what your brand is if you have a crappy website and crappy content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva-max View Post
Nice to see this information but i want to say that , I think you missed some think. Now I think google point of view "Brand" is most important now. What you say guys, Is it right..? If you use your "Brand" in link building, Google like it as compared to keyword.
Like we are providing wedding dress in USA and our Brand is PAKROBE

Old 04-01-2016, 09:56 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
Online Magazine - Publish Your Book - These are just 2 that are missed.

Interesting considering most don't take this approach but it can be extremely powerful. I am going to launch a new brand ambassador contest on the 1st of March. This is how you gain massive "Natural" links that are shared by the masses.

As shown in the image above you will see just 1 post with massive reach. The new contest I will be launching will do double what the above did. Using brand ambassadors is one of the most powerful marketing strategies you can do for your business.

Most just regurgitate the same crap over and over such as guest post, blog comments, social bookmarks and blah blah blah. They never take the initiative to think outside the box!

Backlinks are NOT the top ranking factor - Proper on-site SEO and Quality Content are! With that said natural link building can be very powerful (ie: brand ambassadors)

Good tips. one of the best i have ever found on this blog so far.

Old 04-01-2016, 02:26 PM
Contributing Member

If others would pay attention instead of trying to look for that magic solution that don't exist - Maybe they would actually get someplace.

The new site I launched - Brand new domain, brand new website - Only 4 weeks old - Has had 468,000 hits last month, in the top 200,000 in alexa USA (although we all know alexa is worthless - this ranking from alexa is natural and not inflated), the site is indexed and ranking in Google and has generated 4 figure income already.

I have built 0 backlinks for this site and not 1 single penny has been spent on marketing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubhav-soin View Post
Good tips. one of the best i have ever found on this blog so far.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
Branding is for your business not Google. Google could care less what your brand is if you have a crappy website and crappy content.
Thank you so much dude and i am also agree with you because Brand is important for our business but i think Brand is also most important for google point of view because i think google like it as compared to keyword but may be am say right may be wrong but thank you so for feedback.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisha2231 View Post
I really appreciate the mention contents, but still i have some doubts about it. As you have quoted "build relationship with the people of same niche and share link among them."

is it falls under the category of asking the others to be a partner and give link on the page.

Doubt 2:

If i'm launching any fb and sharing a single link massively.

Will it affect the ranking?
Hi Alisha am agree with your point of view but i think so fb you can use for increased website traffic. but can you tell me just blog comments improve keyword ranking... ?

Old 04-16-2016, 12:23 AM

Too many SEO tactics and strategies taught by so-called SEO gurus out there are just difficult to do, especially if you are SEO agency with hundreds of clients to take care of and they are impatient in seeing results. Creating quality content is the mantra they often preach. The problem with this theory is:

1. Nobody really knows the real definition of "quality content"

2. It's extremely difficult to create quality contents regularly, especially in boring industries.

If it's your own business, it could be easier since you know all the things about your products and industries. But this is rarely the case. What usually happens is the business owner has no time to deal with "quality content" or any SEO craps, and he or she asks the SEO agency (who knows very little about this client's industry) to create the content.

3. Let's say you already have quality contents (which answers point #2), you still have to promote it, creating relevant and quality links, which is much more difficult to do than #2.

4. On the other hand, and this is the most painful part, your competitors are doing shady SEO tactics like buying cheap guest blogs while you are spending days writing quality contents, spending less time and enjoy their life, and they outrank you!

That is just for 1 website. Imagine if you 100 clients to take care of.

I'm not saying that quality SEO tactics aren't working. I'm saying that in most cases it's just not relevant and too difficult to be executed, while your competitors rank better using "tricky" SEO techniques.

Old 04-16-2016, 01:13 AM
Contributing Member

Wannabe self proclaimed SEO gurus preach tactics to sell some product or service. I could name many here that I know many follow but not going to. Many get sucked in by these gurus not because they are good SEOers but because they are good snake oil salesmen.

With that said "Quality Content" + "Proper On-Site SEO" + "Proper Website Design" IS what get top rankings - this is fact that has been proven over and over by us REAL SEOers.

I fully understand what quality content is and if an SEO does not then that SEOer is in the wrong business. Google has stated on their own website EXACTLY what they what for the last 10 years. You don't need any fake SEO blogs, Moz, or any of those other wannabe places to teach you tactics or strategies. The problem is most never pay attention to what Google really says - Yes you have to read between the lines.

If any client I have refuses to produce content (I will teach them how to do quality content for free) then they have 2 choices:

A. Pay me to create said content
B. Go hire a lame wannabe guru to do their SEO

As for links - You don't have to create them and links have nothing to do with SEO anyways - It's marketing! If you create quality content then you don't need to build links - others will gladly share said content for you.

If you follow the above that I posted on what gets top rankings you don't need to worry about competition. Let them waste their time doing lame SEO which will hurt them in the long run. If these competitors outrank you with shady SEO then your SEO is not being done right.

I personally don't need 100's of clients and I certainly don't lie to anybody just to make money. I sleep just fine at night! I also don't charge $thousands$ a month like wannabe fake SEOers do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datamaya View Post
Too many SEO tactics and strategies taught by so-called SEO gurus out there are just difficult to do, especially if you are SEO agency with hundreds of clients to take care of and they are impatient in seeing results. Creating quality content is the mantra they often preach. The problem with this theory is:

1. Nobody really knows the real definition of "quality content"

2. It's extremely difficult to create quality contents regularly, especially in boring industries.

If it's your own business, it could be easier since you know all the things about your products and industries. But this is rarely the case. What usually happens is the business owner has no time to deal with "quality content" or any SEO craps, and he or she asks the SEO agency (who knows very little about this client's industry) to create the content.

3. Let's say you already have quality contents (which answers point #2), you still have to promote it, creating relevant and quality links, which is much more difficult to do than #2.

4. On the other hand, and this is the most painful part, your competitors are doing shady SEO tactics like buying cheap guest blogs while you are spending days writing quality contents, spending less time and enjoy their life, and they outrank you!

That is just for 1 website. Imagine if you 100 clients to take care of.

I'm not saying that quality SEO tactics aren't working. I'm saying that in most cases it's just not relevant and too difficult to be executed, while your competitors rank better using "tricky" SEO techniques.

Old 04-16-2016, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Well, Guess I'll just kick back with my feet on my desk and watch comedy hour in here.

Old 04-16-2016, 04:19 AM
Contributing Member

Pass the popcorn and stop being so greedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Well, Guess I'll just kick back with my feet on my desk and watch comedy hour in here.

Old 04-16-2016, 01:02 PM

The biggest problem i have is trying to find the right place to show my website or post,etc. I always have trouble with traffic. I know i do everything wrong with facebook(probably because i secretly hate facebook). Everyone loves it. The only place i have had any success at all is YouTube, but it's just not enough. Can you give me any real good hints on what you use?

Old 04-28-2016, 06:45 AM
Contributing Member

That's a good list, but I think that try to go with all of those tactics is what we shouldn't do. Interview and Infographic? Quite not suitable for new or small sites.

Old 04-28-2016, 12:08 PM
Contributing Member

Any and all marketing strategies that work for a large established website will work just as good for a brand new 1 day old website.

I have already proven on this forum a brand new website can get rankings and traffic within days of launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by learn2do2 View Post
That's a good list, but I think that try to go with all of those tactics is what we shouldn't do. Interview and Infographic? Quite not suitable for new or small sites.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum