Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 03-25-2016, 12:07 AM

How to start best internet marketing

I want to start internet marketing , how can i make myself successful in this field?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-26-2016, 11:08 PM
Contributing Member

First get basic knowledge about internet marketing, most importantly have solid understanding on don'ts. Like any other field, proper education and gaining expertise over a period of time is key to be successful. There is no shortcut to success, as mentioned above don't listen to spammers.

Old 03-28-2016, 10:07 AM
Contributing Member

Knowledge is power, take your time and learn, like most things in life, you have too put in the leg work.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:27 AM
Contributing Member

i will suggest you to start reading some latest internet marketing based blogs which provide enough detail.

Old 03-29-2016, 05:56 AM
Contributing Member

Internet marketing is braod field so you have to learn step by step such first learn Social media, Then learn about SEO and similarly time to time you can learn about paid advertising such as PPC so it will take time to become expert.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:30 AM

Practice what you learn, search for reliable mentors this is crucial, and have fun. Marketing shouldn't be something you force yourself to do, also be patients as results aren't always as instant. Enjoy the journey!

Old 04-06-2016, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by alitaylor View Post
Internet marketing is a very big term and only professionals can teach you this. I think you should join any course for this for learning purpose...
Thread creator also came here for advice. Do you have anything further to add?

Old 04-07-2016, 05:09 AM

Learning is not enough, it is best to implement every task simultaneously because in the marketing there are thousand's tricks which all are not possible to keep in mind for a long time without practice. I must say if you want to be best in the field then work on your searching skill.
Every people have their own opinion so don't take everyone deep. Initially, Search blogs and start reading then understand how it work and why it is important.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:33 AM

I will suggest you create you some type of landing page or squeeze page so you can get your users name and email address and link that page to your business opportunity if thats what you choose. Offer something of value on your landing page for your visitors, such as a free gift of some sort.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:16 AM
Contributing Member

If you want to learn about internet marketing forums like this one is a good place to start. Also, read and subscribe to bloggers who's niche is internet marketing. You can even subscribe to internet magazines that are free that will help you stay on top in the internet marketing world.

Learn and implement as you go. That is exactly what I did. In fact, you are never really done learning. Don't overwhelm yourself. Just take it in little by little. Before you know it you will be on your way to becoming an internet marketer.

Good luck!

Old 04-16-2016, 08:51 PM

Well for starters you need to make sure you are not misled in anyway. There is a lot of hype and fluff out there. A lot of schemes and scams. Stay away from anything that tells you your going to make money over night cause that is just not possible.

Old 04-18-2016, 01:47 AM
Contributing Member

You can do some courses available online as well, read the blogs and join marketing entrepreneurs platforms.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:31 PM

It's always changing. you can buy books etc.. that will teach you seo, facebook and so on. But it'll change while you are learning. Right now everyone is saying focus on low competition items and long tail keywords. But now even those long tail keywords are becoming competitive and people are coming up with off the wall stuff just because it's low competition. I'm not sure where this will lead the online marketplace. But for now get a piece of the pie while you can.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:36 PM

Let's Define Internet Marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdul124 View Post
I want to start internet marketing , how can i make myself successful in this field?
What do you mean? Internet marketing has a lot of meanings. Could you be more specific so no one else just guess's?

Let me drop some knowledge.

Quote:
That is internet marketing? Is it only something “interactive agencies” do? Maybe it’s just inbound marketing. Wait, what words are those? This is where people start to get confused. Words and terms are starting to be created in places and ways they’ve never been defined before.

Marketing on the internet is on the cusp of a new era right now. With major algorithm updates recently from Google it is only a matter of time before new terms

Here is the defition to internet marketing and some of the areas in that niche:

Definition: Internet Marketing - also known as web marketing, online marketing, webvertising, or e-marketing, is referred to as the marketing (generally promotion) of products or services over the Internet.
Continued at: http://www.gorocketfuel.com/the-rock...net-marketing/

Old 05-18-2016, 01:24 AM
Contributing Member

Internet marketing is broad term. You could read blogs, articles, books on internet marketing then focus on something specific to promote online and start your own marketing step by step.

Old 05-18-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfortuners View Post
Internet marketing is broad term. You could read blogs, articles, books on internet marketing then focus on something specific to promote online and start your own marketing step by step.
Good advice but the next question would be.... what are the best books to read?

What are the best blogs to follow?..... etc

FYI, If you recommend books they better be up-to-date with current times as Google makes updates at least once a year so some information in books becomes so old that it's not worth the effect to do.

Old 05-23-2016, 10:53 AM

Once you have a good looking website up and running, I like to start with Google and Facebook since they have the most users on them.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smt View Post
Best Internet marketing is Social Media Marketing.
How so?

Could you backup your reply with details?

Old 05-26-2016, 12:33 PM

The key is to not be quiet. In marketing one has to be always doing something: creating blog posts, sharing them in social media, going to events, socialize offline and online, promoting your content on several sites (like Reddit, pineapple.io, promoteproject.com, promotehour.com...). There are many ways and some will work for you while others will not. It's important to detect which technique has given better results, focus on it and be ready to market changes and opportunities.

Old 06-29-2016, 10:29 PM

What do you want to do? Freelance? Start a business? Work for someone?

If you're serious about it and want to really dive in, I'd recommend getting an internship at a digital marketing company. If you want to start slower, read some of the latest internet marketing books (my current favorite is Content Inc. by Joe Pulizzi). Read marketing blogs like CMO or Hubspot, Neil Patel, Quicksprout, socialmediaexaminer, etc.

Finally, practice! You can read about it all you want, but you'll never learn without doing. Run a FB ad for a fan page. Start your own blog with WordPress or Blogger. Grow a social media page from scratch. Practicing doesn't have to cost you a ton.

Good luck!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Closed Thread