Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-11-2017, 09:55 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Help Me to Increase genuine traffic to My E-commerce Website

Hi,

I'm Building a website it's an e-commerce store natural Gemstones I want to drive natural and genuine traffic from various source. I have 10K+ likes in facebook page. but I need genuine buyer from world wide.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-11-2017, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by khadeer View Post
Hi,

I'm Building a website it's an e-commerce store natural Gemstones I want to drive natural and genuine traffic from various source. I have 10K+ likes in facebook page. but I need genuine buyer from world wide.

Thanks in advance.
Why are you not using your fanpage to drive sales or leads? 10K likes and you can't get any business?

Someething doesn't add up here. If I had 10k likes or interested people, I could make x,xxx a month for sure.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:59 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Paid followers don't buy things...

Old 02-11-2017, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woomeister View Post
Paid followers don't buy things...
That's where I was heading as anyone with that many likes doesn't need to get traffic. I would be doing back flips if my page had that many. I'm up to 718 and all was earned and not bought.

Old 02-12-2017, 05:45 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
That's where I was heading as anyone with that many likes doesn't need to get traffic. I would be doing back flips if my page had that many. I'm up to 718 and all was earned and not bought.
Exactly, If I can get 20 twitter followers per week I'm doing well. As for Facebook, it takes even longer dependant on niche saturation.

Old 02-12-2017, 07:17 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Hi,

I Got 10K + Facebook like only from interested people only. I paid Facebook sponsor ads and filtered only interested people. I'm sharing my product in Facebook regularly but I can't convert sales from it. I started google ads I need some suggestion to convert genuine buyer from any other source.

Old 02-12-2017, 07:24 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Hi,

I Got 10K + Facebook like only from interested people only. I paid Facebook sponsor ads and filtered only interested people. I'm sharing my product in Facebook regularly but I can't convert sales from it. I started google ads I need some suggestion to convert genuine buyer from any other source.
If you're asking people on social media to straight-up buy from you, you're probably not gonna have a good time unless they're desperate buyers.

Put yourself in their shoes.. nobody is on Facebook looking to buy stuff, right?

They're killing time, chatting with friends, the last thing on their mind is spending money.

Try warming them up first.. and turn them into leads in the process..

What if you did this instead.. send them to a capture page where they can grab your free report into "7 hidden ____ uses for gemstones" - or whatever (I have zero knowledge of gemstones), en exchange for their email address.

Then, once you've grabbed their interest, got their creative juices flowing.. and delivered VALUE up front, you've given them a reason to buy from you.

And if they don't buy today, you can always follow up with them tomorrow.. and the day after, etc.

Old 02-12-2017, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woomeister View Post
Exactly, If I can get 20 twitter followers per week I'm doing well. As for Facebook, it takes even longer dependant on niche saturation.
Took me 3 years to get this many fans. I had 720 last week and lost some this week.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:37 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Facebook and twitter are for added brand awareness, and nothing more, as far as I'm concerned. I have clients that believe they are a genuine marketplace, and I have to hit them with stats to prove otherwise. Things have become easier since a UK consumer rights program revealed the 'paid followers' scam that is rife now. Before that clients used to ask "why do they have 20k followers and all i have is 250?"

For my own supplement fan page I have just under 500 (2 years!)and about 20% have visited my site of which 20% have bought from me! Ive never used anything other than a massive variety of hashtags to grow that. I get far more buying customers from sending products to influencers on instagram and pinterest who have masses of real followers. The influencer market is also rife with people that have 100k followers but only 10 active engagers per post, so you need to be wary.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:46 PM
Contributing Member

There can be & usually is a big difference between Facebook likes & people who are willing to make a transaction on the network. More so in India (Chennai) where the poster is from. 10K likes will give an organic reach of not more than 100-200 per post, along with 1-2 clicks. Even if they do multiple posts a day, there may or may not be overlaps between those who see & click the posts. Hence the likelihood of someone buying is very less. To sell anything on Facebook you have to make use of Facebook ads.

Old 02-12-2017, 11:00 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I understand facebook likes doesn't help me to sell my product people in facebook just want to waste their time. If any one has a good idea or some other resource or good market place to drive traffic to my site please let me know.

Old 02-12-2017, 11:24 PM
Contributing Member

Since you said marketplace, have you considered enlisting on Amazon, Flipkart etc? Most merchants in India take this route to sales. Also, since your product is gemstones, presumably fairly high value, you'll do much better by at least starting off your sales through these platforms. People generally aren't very trusting of an independent site selling such items, unless you're already an established brand.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:10 AM

post banner ads in niche forum which have high traffic or member.

Old 02-13-2017, 02:11 AM

I don't think people on Facebook are going to buy gemstones, they don't visit Facebook to purchase anything they just visit Facebook to kill their time with no intention of spending money. So, the best thing for you is to spend your money on banner ads. Show your banners on niche website because if they are visiting that website then they surely want to spend money and they will be interested in your products too.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.jones View Post
post banner ads in niche forum which have high traffic or member.
That's called spamming a forum and results in a ban.

Old 02-16-2017, 11:39 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguar View Post
Since you said marketplace, have you considered enlisting on Amazon, Flipkart etc? Most merchants in India take this route to sales. Also, since your product is gemstones, presumably fairly high value, you'll do much better by at least starting off your sales through these platforms. People generally aren't very trusting of an independent site selling such items, unless you're already an established brand.
Thank for the suggestion I have tried posting my product in ebay to sell world wide the sad part is sellers in ebay, amazon and flipkart they make people fool by selling fake gems, So a genuine buyer like me can't succeed in those marketplace. I sell Only natural and 100% original Gemstones, this is what the biggest challenge for me.

Old 02-17-2017, 03:45 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Thank for the suggestion I have tried posting my product in ebay to sell world wide the sad part is sellers in ebay, amazon and flipkart they make people fool by selling fake gems, So a genuine buyer like me can't succeed in those marketplace. I sell Only natural and 100% original Gemstones, this is what the biggest challenge for me.
If people can't trust you on Flipkart or Amazon then they won't trust your website either. eBay isn't really popular in India & I've myself had a bad experience buying from it. But that shouldn't stop you from selling on Flipkart, Amazon or even Snapdeal. Try to become an Amazon Prime or Flipkart assured seller. It will cost you more by way of fees, but people are generally more trusting when buying from such sellers.

Old 02-23-2017, 05:10 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
You already mentioned that you are getting 10k likes in FB. That already gives you an idea that you have lots of prospects in this network. Start your efforts from here by creating useful and interesting contents that will somehow educate your followers about your product. Highlight more of the benefits of having your gemstones and soon enough you'll be able to convince some of these followers in no time...

Old 02-24-2017, 10:31 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogOfe34 View Post
You already mentioned that you are getting 10k likes in FB. That already gives you an idea that you have lots of prospects in this network. Start your efforts from here by creating useful and interesting contents that will somehow educate your followers about your product. Highlight more of the benefits of having your gemstones and soon enough you'll be able to convince some of these followers in no time...
Thank you for your suggestions. I already started writing content and more information about gemstones. planning to drive traffic to my site by posting blogs using my experience and knowledge.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:22 PM
Latest Blog:
None

E-commerce is getting harder, not easier, but there are still fortunes to be made.

https://www.shopify.com/blog/1386902...w-online-store

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum