Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-26-2017, 10:57 AM
Administrator

How to Determine How Much to Spend on PPC Advertising

For those not sure how to determine how much to spend on PPC advertising Vertical Measures has this guide on how to decide that:
Quote:
...gather necessary information from the client, do some research, plug in some numbers, and provide a budget recommendation estimate. Let’s take a look at the process we go about for getting that recommendation so you can find your own answer, and how this all ties into what you’d like to accomplish with your PPC campaigns...
How to Determine How Much to Spend on PPC Advertising

After reading the article,
Did you consider all of these things before launching your PPC advertising?

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-14-2017, 01:04 AM
Banned

Yes, I do agree the article. First, set the goal, second the budget & third the time span i want I wish to run the PPC campaign.

Old 03-14-2017, 02:10 AM
Contributing Member

The article makes the calculations feel somewhat complicated. In simple terms, what one needs to do is to equate the revenue derived from a sale to the cost of making that sale.

Lets take an example of the same software company which makes a sale at $2500. Suppose they get 10 leads a month from ppc for $ 100 a lead ($1000 of ad marketing expense), but only 1 of these leads ultimately converts. Then the cost of that 1 lead is $1000 ad expense + let's say 1000 cost of items sold & other overheads = $2000. As long as this number is below $2500 that they make from the sale, it's worthwhile for them to invest in the ads.

Also, getting a ROI multiplier (500% return) is rarely a linear process as given in the article and often subject to a breakeven period. Among other things, it is subject to improving the ad campaign over a period of time & the brand visibility & credibility that they get over that time.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:18 AM

Not all businesses are the same and for some 1 lead can generate $2 while another lead can generate $500 so it is a problem setting a budget like that. another issue is the fact that your ad itself contribute to the branding of the business and helps promote future leads in the way that a potential customer so your ad several times but didn't click on it - but because he saw the ad again and again, in his mind you are starting to gain credibility.

Old 03-25-2017, 06:53 AM

Yeah, that is really awesome. I also wanted to run PPC Advertising for my website. This will definitely help.

Last edited by snakeair; 03-25-2017 at 08:33 AM. Reason: self promoting not needed

Old 03-26-2017, 10:24 AM

I recommend to test everything. Try with small and go further!

Old 03-26-2017, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday View Post
I recommend to test everything. Try with small and go further!
Any feedback on the blog post?

Old 03-26-2017, 11:49 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetta View Post
I remember how foolishly i wasted my first $25 in a single day for getting only 10 clicks. I paused the campaign and checked every thing, then started testing, and after some days i started getting 5-10 clicks per $.
What did you do? Bid too aggressively or left the settings at broad match?

Old 06-22-2017, 10:42 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Set your goal and according to your target audience, you can start spending from little amount then investing wider if you get success initially.

Old 07-07-2017, 05:57 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Strategy, goal set and target audience will be the same for small or big project, only thing you not able to understand that is the nature of your audience. Start with some small amounts, do some A/B testing, first run your campaign on broad-match, you can evaluate more about leads and budget...

Old 07-17-2017, 06:25 AM

To find out the budget of PPC we need expert advise about on which keyword we have to spend how much amount.It may be possible that during first time we fail to work or our campaign is fails to work in efficient way but at the last stage our campaign will teach us so many things and we will get the idea about where we are lagging. as per the all evaluation and calculation we will get the idea about how much amount we need to spend for our campaign.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum