Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

Share |
Old 04-14-2017, 02:37 PM
Administrator

How to Choose Digital Marketing Channels for Long Term Growth

The first part of this quote is so true. Just look at all the threads asking which social media sites to use to market a blog or business and you will see a bunch of replies with the likes of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. but are these the right choice for your specific blog or business?
Quote:
...marketers get trapped in the fervent anxiety of needing to be everywhere at once. This is both ineffective and stressful.

It doesnít help that thereís a new blog post out every day about how youíre missing out on [X] and this company is killing it by doing [Y]. FOMO is real.

Okay, so itís important to capitalize on effective channels that are conducive to growth at scale. How does one do that, though? Do you just throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks, or is there a process?

...Not all of these will work for your business, but it helps to know whatís out there when determining a marketing strategy...
How to Choose Digital Marketing Channels for Long Term Growth

The rest of the article goes on to explain different marketing channels for those who are new to online marketing and then it gets into how to choose a digital marketing method that is scalable and measure your return on investment.

How many of you have actually taken the time to study different methods of digital marketing with the purpose of choosing the best one for your blog or website?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-15-2017, 06:24 AM
Contributing Member

I'm surprised to see offline means like sales & business development included in the article since the headline says "choosing digital marketing channels...".

Anyways, I get confronted with this question a lot - which channel to choose for digital marketing. People who ask this question are usually from startups. So I ask them whether they want brand awareness or revenues. It's a rhetorical question of course.

I go on to tell them that being a startup they need to instantly get some transactions going. So paid ads are a must. This usually takes the form of either Google adwords or transaction driving Facebook ads. Both of these bring some brand awareness as a byproduct.

Once the startup survives the initial few months & has some revenues going, I then recommend some activities purely for the sake of brand awareness - such as content marketing, a branding campaign on Instagram or even SEO which caters to both purposes, albeit slowly.

Old 04-19-2017, 05:16 AM

I guess content marketing is the best strategy for your business as nowadays people always looks for a website with content, they just ignore site with no or non relevant content.

Advantages of Content marketing:

1. More visibility in search engines- Google will be happy to index every new page you
are adding to your website, it not only increase the quality content but also keeps the user engage. You can also target your pages for long tail keywords.

2. More quality content: Having more content is much better as people will visit your
website more occasionally for reading new posts, this in turns decreases the total
bounce rate and increases the exit rate for your website.

3. Higher Domain authority: If you are putting more and more quality content on your website you are ultimately increasing the domain authority for your website as people in your niche will like to get connected with you.

4.Increased social traffic: You can increase your total social follower's networks by sharing content, this will eventually increase follower volume by the course of time.

But it is to be noted that no single strategy will work unless you combine it with other as for example you can combine SEO with content marketing, and for more better result do paid marketing in moderation.

But No single strategy will work unless you combine it with other as for example you can combine SEO with content marketing with paid marketing

Old 05-05-2017, 12:22 AM

One tactic is to see the medium where majority of your ideal customers are engaged in.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum