Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 12-30-2017, 12:38 PM

I've heard 50 posts seem to be enough to get enough low volume/random keywords to start sprinkling in a small, consistent flow of traffic...

I'm testing this theory right now with both my local service business and with a niche site...

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-31-2017, 03:24 AM

I'd say give it a couple of months to see some search traffic

Old 12-31-2017, 11:33 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanRenton View Post
I'd say give it a couple of months to see some search traffic
Do you love lamp?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gId6nrMDmUU

Old 01-03-2018, 07:37 AM
Contributing Member

I see lot of people, claiming that this will take so and so much time. Let me tell you, driving a traffic depends on lot of factor
1) Quality of post
2) backlink created on what type of pages
3) ON & OFF page SEOs
so on ..

one such factor is building link , if you get a backlink from quality post and high DA & PR page, it is worth more than 100 bad backlink and you could get traffic instantly starting from day one.

It all about, what and how you do it with your posts.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:25 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubhav-soin View Post
one such factor is building link , if you get a backlink from quality post and high DA & PR page, it is worth more than 100 bad backlink and you could get traffic instantly starting from day one.
How can that be when DA is a Moz metric which is not part of any SE's algo, and PageRank has gone dark??

Old 01-03-2018, 09:29 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorHudson01 View Post
If you use social media marketing you can gain traffic immediately.
You make it sound so easy. Please break down what you've done in some details for us all here.

Old 01-04-2018, 04:35 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
How can that be when DA is a Moz metric which is not part of any SE's algo, and PageRank has gone dark??
I agree PR days are over and is no more , but alexa still exists, shouldn't it be good enough and forum posting, article submissions are good viable ways to get backlink !! << just a thought >>

Can you help us identify some SEO strategies that works in 2018 and get back link !!

Old 01-04-2018, 07:17 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
I agree PR days are over and is no more , but alexa still exists, shouldn't it be good enough
Shouldn't 'what' be good enough? Alexa? And - good enough for what exactly?

PageRank shouldn't be part of anyone's conversation except to perhaps mention that it existed visually for us at one time and was a metric everyone salivated over, and now it isn't visible to us and therefor a useless metric we know little to nothing about these days.

Quote:
Can you help us identify some SEO strategies that works in 2018 and get back link !!
Sure - great content, a circle of influencers or mediums to "work it" and that's about it. How you "work it" is up to you.

Working it, does not mean spamming, just to be clear. That will never end well.

Quote:
and forum posting, article submissions are good viable ways to get backlink !! << just a thought >>
No they are not viable or valuable - unless, there's a traffic element to them. But generally, as far as a link for organics goes, these are a waste of time.

Old 01-04-2018, 08:10 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:

PageRank shouldn't be part of anyone's conversation except to perhaps mention that it existed visually for us at one time and was a metric everyone salivated over, and now it isn't visible to us and therefor a useless metric we know little to nothing about these days.

Sure - great content, a circle of influencers or mediums to "work it" and that's about it. How you "work it" is up to you.

No they are not viable or valuable - unless, there's a traffic element to them. But generally, as far as a link for organics goes, these are a waste of time.
Don't bother they are still obsessed with alexa, DA/PA, forum posting, blog commenting and what not.

And for people who are talking about PR, saying its dead. Its actually quite alive. Google uses it now as of today to rank sites. But its not just available form common public to see.

Quote:
I agree PR days are over and is no more , but alexa still exists, shouldn't it be good enough and forum posting, article submissions are good viable ways to get backlink !! << just a thought >>

What do you mean by alexa still exists?

Its a third party metrics which has nothing to do with the SERP's.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:37 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb1129 View Post
What do you mean by alexa still exists?

Its a third party metrics which has nothing to do with the SERP's.
If you look at the question, it was saying consistent traffic, why anyone has to rely only on PR(google uses it internally , who knows) , alexa rank shows how relevant your page is or site is

Quote:

Thank you for perfect answer !!!

Old 01-07-2018, 03:49 AM

I am getting average 50 views per day. Half of them from search engines. I have started my blog not more then a month with 20unique posts. So I think more content and more share you will have more traffic you will get. That's my short experience says. Also you need to create backlinks on regular basis to maintain the traffic flow.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:45 AM

Traffic on any website depends on two factors
1) SEO
2) Website Optimization

SEO or Search Engine Optimization generally depends on the keywords you use in your web content. If your website has an SEO friendly content, then you will receive a traffic on regular basis. A well-researched keyword is essential to rank your website on Top.

Website Optimization generally refers to your website's structure, loading time, bandwidth. If you have a website which gives users a great browsing experience, then you will receive traffic on regular basis. As per a random online survey, 64% of the internet users abandon a website because it fails to load in 3 seconds

When it comes to a business website, I know a website named Contentmart.com who are new in the translation business. This website gets a huge traffic and the website's blog provides a great information about SEO.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:00 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyboy View Post
Traffic on any website depends on two factors
1) SEO
2) Website Optimization

SEO or Search Engine Optimization generally depends on the keywords you use in your web content. If your website has an SEO friendly content, then you will receive a traffic on regular basis. A well-researched keyword is essential to rank your website on Top.

Website Optimization generally refers to your website's structure, loading time, bandwidth. If you have a website which gives users a great browsing experience, then you will receive traffic on regular basis. As per a random online survey, 64% of the internet users abandon a website because it fails to load in 3 seconds

When it comes to a business website, I know a website named Contentmart.com who are new in the translation business. This website gets a huge traffic and the website's blog provides a great information about SEO.
I don't know where you are getting this stuff from, but your definitions are far from correct, or at the very least, far from complete. Please feel free to supply a reputable source to backup your claims and validate the stats of the "random online survey".

Old 01-13-2018, 06:29 AM
Contributing Member

I run an eCommerce store for 5 years. I get immediate and most sales by listing my products in the best Price Comparison Sites. It works for me and its a cost per click.

Adwords is the second best method for fast traffic and sales but takes too long to make a good campaign, if you don't know how to setup and run adwords. Adwords is a good investment if done properly while perfecting it by checking results with Google analytics in great detail.

Organic traffic brings me 30 of the sales. It takes too much time and money to wait for organic traffic. Most importantly make excellent product pages with good and multiple product photos and competitive prices.

Social media can have a viral effect if done by someone who really likes Facebook and your products (and knows about facebook ads A/B testing). Facebook remarketing is also good to use (to get them back again in the site for a discuunt).

Old 01-15-2018, 09:33 PM

I've had the same site for over 17 years now and still have very little traffic. But I have a decent client base?

Getting traffic in my industry is ridiculously difficult.

Old 01-24-2018, 02:43 AM

You can drive traffic from social media and web2.0 in short time if you give proper time to them with quality of work.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:12 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by technikola View Post
You can drive traffic from social media and web2.0 in short time if you give proper time to them with quality of work.
Why don't you tell us how you do it.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:51 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benene View Post
this depends if you use adwords or not. for natural seo, it should take 1 or 2 months
I'll repeat that which I asked to the previous poster: "Why don't you tell us how you do it?"

Old 01-29-2018, 06:16 AM

It totally depends on the amount of effort put towards a strategy proof direction along with high quality of contents related to niche. Creating high quality content is very necessary here. You may take help from good content writers to get instant traffic, however, you should have a good strategy for the consistent link building process.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:43 AM
Contributing Member

The answer depends on your content and ability of SEO. If you do well, you can receive consistent traffic after 1-2 months.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Closed Thread