Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 10-19-2017, 09:22 AM
Banned

Adword Minimut Cost Per Click

I heard from too many people and also i guess Google Adword is too costly, they charge you like 20-50 cents based on country per click.

OH NO, which meas for just 100 visitors/CLICKS i may have to pay adwords more than 30-50 bucks ohhhhhhhhhh

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-19-2017, 09:40 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techeligible View Post
I heard from too many people and also i guess Google Adword is too costly, they charge you like 20-50 cents based on country per click.

OH NO, which meas for just 100 visitors/CLICKS i may have to pay adwords more than 30-50 bucks ohhhhhhhhhh
20 to 50 cents is cheap. The good key phrases can go for $10 USD and up. Do the math for 100 clicks now.

At these prices, you better hope your campaign is optimized and funnel pages are effective.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:34 AM

20 - that's a really cheap CPC. My team just set a campaing with a 1.50 CPC, and adwords still inform us that our CPC is too low.
It depends on the keyword you pick. You can check how much the keyword can cost in the "keyword planner". But the real price you will see while setting up the adword campaign.

Also, do not set your campaing to the whole country. Divide it to states, it will allow you to monitor from which state most people will click your advertisement. So you could turn off the least effective campaigns, and spend more money on the most effective.

Old 10-22-2017, 06:36 AM

That's why smart people look for niches where there isn't much competition and it's very cheap to by promotion.

Old 10-23-2017, 12:38 AM

Google Adword's Search network has become more competitive and costlier one than earlier days. It'd be better if you'd try Placement network. That's much cheaper compared to print media.

Old 10-23-2017, 02:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwie View Post
20 - that's a really cheap CPC. My team just set a campaing with a 1.50 CPC, and adwords still inform us that our CPC is too low.
It depends on the keyword you pick. You can check how much the keyword can cost in the "keyword planner". But the real price you will see while setting up the adword campaign.

Also, do not set your campaing to the whole country. Divide it to states, it will allow you to monitor from which state most people will click your advertisement. So you could turn off the least effective campaigns, and spend more money on the most effective.
1.5 cpc, that too high, its beyond my budget, i guess better to look other network for advertising, because adword now beneficial only for established business and big brands.

because they have budget and enough sources to earn and invest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
20 to 50 cents is cheap. The good key phrases can go for $10 USD and up. Do the math for 100 clicks now.

At these prices, you better hope your campaign is optimized and funnel pages are effective.
yeah you are right, i should look for other way instead of adword to advertise or SEO of website.

Old 10-23-2017, 06:11 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techeligible View Post
yeah you are right, i should look for other way instead of adword to advertise or SEO of website.
Well, yes and no.

Firstly, as others has mentioned, AdWords isn't SEO - It's pay-per-click. If you've got the money, you can play that game, and maybe get some good traffic - as long as your sales are way higher than your click costs.

So, if you want to compete for the good keys, it will cost you a small fortune each month. And if you only have a small budget for this type of thing, yes, it might be better to look elsewhere.

However, if you want to try and compete for the lesser of the competitive keys which will cost you less, you could still get some traffic and some conversions without breaking the bank. That said, you really have to do the research on key phrases, traffic and costs before making that decision.

Remember, 25 clicks from lower used key phrases may still be better "cost wise", and conversion-wise, than having your daily budget exhausted within 4 or 5 clicks from highly competitive (and costly) keys.

I know this, because I played that game for a while.

Last edited by LMD; 10-23-2017 at 06:14 AM.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:59 PM
Contributing Member

30 cents a click isn't bad if you're driving clicks to a page for law cases.

alternatively for most websites yes it is a lot.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:56 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
20 to 50 cents is cheap. The good key phrases can go for $10 USD and up.
Especially for banking and insurance related keywords. I've seen even $20 per click for those. But these are rich companies and can probably afford it.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:53 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguar View Post
I've seen even $20 per click for those. But these are rich companies and can probably afford it.
And, the little guys can't afford that amount. It seems it's rarely ever an "even playing field" when it comes to advertising. Those with the most money, usually dominate.

BTW - $20 per click is absolutely insane.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Closed Thread