Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #1  
Old 10-19-2017, 09:22 AM
Techeligible Techeligible is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 09-29-17
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 40
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Adword Minimut Cost Per Click

I heard from too many people and also i guess Google Adword is too costly, they charge you like 20-50 cents based on country per click.

OH NO, which meas for just 100 visitors/CLICKS i may have to pay adwords more than 30-50 bucks ohhhhhhhhhh
 

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #2  
Old 10-19-2017, 09:40 AM
LMD's Avatar
LMD LMD is online now
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: Where my wife tells me to be. :)
Posts: 5,985
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techeligible View Post
I heard from too many people and also i guess Google Adword is too costly, they charge you like 20-50 cents based on country per click.

OH NO, which meas for just 100 visitors/CLICKS i may have to pay adwords more than 30-50 bucks ohhhhhhhhhh
20 to 50 cents is cheap. The good key phrases can go for $10 USD and up. Do the math for 100 clicks now.

At these prices, you better hope your campaign is optimized and funnel pages are effective.
 
  #3  
Old 10-20-2017, 08:34 AM
Anwie Anwie is offline
Member
 
Join Date: 10-20-17
Posts: 50
iTrader: 0 / 0%
20 - that's a really cheap CPC. My team just set a campaing with a 1.50 CPC, and adwords still inform us that our CPC is too low.
It depends on the keyword you pick. You can check how much the keyword can cost in the "keyword planner". But the real price you will see while setting up the adword campaign.

Also, do not set your campaing to the whole country. Divide it to states, it will allow you to monitor from which state most people will click your advertisement. So you could turn off the least effective campaigns, and spend more money on the most effective.
 
  #4  
Old 10-22-2017, 06:36 AM
yesandno yesandno is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 09-26-16
Posts: 32
iTrader: 0 / 0%
That's why smart people look for niches where there isn't much competition and it's very cheap to by promotion.
 
  #5  
Old 10-23-2017, 12:38 AM
grandgoa grandgoa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 10-23-17
Posts: 23
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Google Adword's Search network has become more competitive and costlier one than earlier days. It'd be better if you'd try Placement network. That's much cheaper compared to print media.
 
  #6  
Old 10-23-2017, 02:50 AM
Techeligible Techeligible is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 09-29-17
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 40
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwie View Post
20 - that's a really cheap CPC. My team just set a campaing with a 1.50 CPC, and adwords still inform us that our CPC is too low.
It depends on the keyword you pick. You can check how much the keyword can cost in the "keyword planner". But the real price you will see while setting up the adword campaign.

Also, do not set your campaing to the whole country. Divide it to states, it will allow you to monitor from which state most people will click your advertisement. So you could turn off the least effective campaigns, and spend more money on the most effective.
1.5 cpc, that too high, its beyond my budget, i guess better to look other network for advertising, because adword now beneficial only for established business and big brands.

because they have budget and enough sources to earn and invest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
20 to 50 cents is cheap. The good key phrases can go for $10 USD and up. Do the math for 100 clicks now.

At these prices, you better hope your campaign is optimized and funnel pages are effective.
yeah you are right, i should look for other way instead of adword to advertise or SEO of website.
 
  #7  
Old 10-23-2017, 06:11 AM
LMD's Avatar
LMD LMD is online now
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: Where my wife tells me to be. :)
Posts: 5,985
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techeligible View Post
yeah you are right, i should look for other way instead of adword to advertise or SEO of website.
Well, yes and no.

Firstly, as others has mentioned, AdWords isn't SEO - It's pay-per-click. If you've got the money, you can play that game, and maybe get some good traffic - as long as your sales are way higher than your click costs.

So, if you want to compete for the good keys, it will cost you a small fortune each month. And if you only have a small budget for this type of thing, yes, it might be better to look elsewhere.

However, if you want to try and compete for the lesser of the competitive keys which will cost you less, you could still get some traffic and some conversions without breaking the bank. That said, you really have to do the research on key phrases, traffic and costs before making that decision.

Remember, 25 clicks from lower used key phrases may still be better "cost wise", and conversion-wise, than having your daily budget exhausted within 4 or 5 clicks from highly competitive (and costly) keys.

I know this, because I played that game for a while.

Last edited by LMD; 10-23-2017 at 06:14 AM.
 
  #8  
Old 10-23-2017, 05:59 PM
qwerty113 qwerty113 is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 10-08-17
Posts: 93
iTrader: 0 / 0%
30 cents a click isn't bad if you're driving clicks to a page for law cases.

alternatively for most websites yes it is a lot.
 
  #9  
Old 10-23-2017, 08:56 PM
vaguar vaguar is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 07-02-16
Posts: 1,022
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
20 to 50 cents is cheap. The good key phrases can go for $10 USD and up.
Especially for banking and insurance related keywords. I've seen even $20 per click for those. But these are rich companies and can probably afford it.
 
  #10  
Old 10-24-2017, 07:53 AM
LMD's Avatar
LMD LMD is online now
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: Where my wife tells me to be. :)
Posts: 5,985
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguar View Post
I've seen even $20 per click for those. But these are rich companies and can probably afford it.
And, the little guys can't afford that amount. It seems it's rarely ever an "even playing field" when it comes to advertising. Those with the most money, usually dominate.

BTW - $20 per click is absolutely insane.
 
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
jquery dropdown/checkbox activated on click imadam Coding Forum 2 05-10-2017 05:33 AM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:46 PM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC