Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 06-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Contributing Member

Fortunately we've been provided with great examples of what not to do, too.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Contributing Member

I love reading stuff that just sounds plain ol' human. And, not kissing up here, but Jon does a good job of it. It's just a tone or something that rings just fine in your mind as you get past the words...

I also like funny & engaging, but getting to the point quickly enough so I don't fall asleep (or return to the search engines).

I recently came across the funniest Terms of Service (yeah I couldn't believe it either LOL) I have ever, ever seen. And, I actually read the whole thing.

Humor - and a really good use of bullets, headings and white space - goes a long way with me.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Contributing Member

mna

talk about major black hat spamming lol

Old 06-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Contributing Member

Sorry tdd1984 if you think so. What, I'm only allowed to say hello and slink away? Hmmm... thought this would be a friendly place and even new people would be allowed to talk. Is there a restriction on being interested?? I missed that in the terms of service

Old 06-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Contributing Member

Not typically done, but after getting off after the last post it occurred to me I may have been a tad hasty in my reply to tdd1984. Perhaps I should have given him the benefit of the doubt that he was commenting on all the real and true spam above my post, and not my lowly comments.

I'm going to go to sleep tonight thinking that was it and not a comment to my posting in a few places today.

I'm a tad touchy about forums lol... I'll try to relax

Old 06-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Contributing Member

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdgac View Post
Not typically done, but after getting off after the last post it occurred to me I may have been a tad hasty in my reply to tdd1984. Perhaps I should have given him the benefit of the doubt that he was commenting on all the real and true spam above my post, and not my lowly comments.

I'm going to go to sleep tonight thinking that was it and not a comment to my posting in a few places today.

I'm a tad touchy about forums lol... I'll try to relax
I'm talking about the spam if you look a little bit higher the person got banned, not you

Old 06-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Contributing Member

LOLOL! Thanks tdd... I felt righteous making the first reply and than felt foolish about 2 seconds after I hit the submit button LOL!

Best to think twice before pushing once will be my motto

Old 06-11-2007, 05:51 AM
Contributing Member

If your products or services are aimed at world market, keep in mind non-native speakers of English. If you are writing an article, try to back it up using relevant data to prove your point.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
Mine: Keep it short, make the point clearly and in a few words as possible. Internet consumers have an extremely short attention span.
This is why advertisers should never ask for 300 word minimums in a blog post!

Old 06-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Contributing Member

Wow looks like this thread got over looked by the mods... its getting worked by the spammers.

Good copywriting tips though. Thanks for the thoughts.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:43 PM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52ltd View Post
Wow looks like this thread got over looked by the mods... its getting worked by the spammers.
We catch things as quick as we can, but it does help when folks use the report post button to let us know when their is an issue.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Banned

Some main points are:
-Red Headline
-30 day money back guarantee
-real testimonials
-autoresponder

Old 07-13-2007, 12:52 AM
Contributing Member

my tips
write about something that's upcoming, or currently hot on the news, or reappropriate old news or stories so they go looking like new and still helpful.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:05 AM

I get a newsletter, periodically, that arrives in text form, with the html version (for some reason, I don't know what) posted immediately below. I always find the html version easier to read, although the text is exactly the same. It's a matter of having things broken up with images, headings, and other formatting.

Another thing I find under-used on the web is pull-quotes. Taking a short phrase and highlighting it can draw the reader in, especially if it's controversial or intriguing.

A lot of people are saying, "keep it short, web users only scan text". I'm not so sure that's true: I personally like to read in-depth articles on the web as well as in print. But it has to be very carefully presented, and broken up into bite-sized chunks to a greater extent.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:58 AM
Banned

Make sure to check your grammar and make it short that can be easily understand by the reader.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinanie View Post
Make sure to check your grammar and make it short that can be easily understand by the reader.
Agree

you should make sure abt keeping it short

Old 07-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Contributing Member

Start the article off with something extra ordinary, try to attract the readers attention immediately with a catchy phrase or something controversial. Then substantiate with some facts and then provide a nice conclusion. Then go in and proof read, and see if you can naturally add in some of your key words/phrases. But don't try to force a square peg into a round hole. I would rather have an excellent article with very few key words/phrases than a mediocre article with a lot of key words/phrases.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:22 AM
Contributing Member

Check your spelling, grammar, wording, and sentence structure! You can have the best website copy but if these basic things are not done it will be useless.

Old 08-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Contributing Member

Keep your topic narrow and very specific. Don't use 7 words when 4 will suffice.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:57 AM
Contributing Member

I'd like to share one of my short blogpost on copywriting which I wrote some days back. Here it goes:

Quote:

Copywriting: Making the Headlines Effective

Copywriting being an essential tool of marketing is of utmost importance. Though it includes, body copy, headlines, taglines, slogans etc, but with special reference to internet marketing, the most prominent feature of copywriting is ‘headline’. Headline is so important because of the fact that majority of the internet users usually do not spend much time to go in the details of an ad. Keeping this fact in mind, copywriter needs to plan much emphasis on the headlines.

Headline for being effective needs to attract users’ attention in anyway. The phenomenon of attraction may be based on ‘benefit’, ‘curiosity’, ‘beauty’ and ‘association’. So an effective headline should include either all of these elements or any one of them.
  • Headline attracts one’s attention when it promises a benefit to him, so headline can be made effective by including the benefit of the product in it.
  • Curiosity is something which leads one to explore more and more; a headline throwing a question of the interest of masses can do well enough in this way.
  • Beauty always attracts, and that’s what a headline needs to be effective; playing with colors and styles can help in this regard.
  • And finally association; no one will get attracted if the advertised product or service is not related to him, so a headline can also be one building relationships.

Headline can generally be effective in the ways mentioned above, but this is not an end. The varying specifications of different products and services, and the changing nature of customers may need some extra efforts for special cases.

Regards,

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Closed Thread