Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-20-2007, 01:13 AM

Targeted card flier adds.

I'm thinking of marketing using 3x5 fliers for my forum. My audience is kinda narrow and easy to locate...what do you guys think.

I'm trying to construct a forum dedicated to sustainable sea food production and small scale organic farms. I just started it without knowing how to do anything from long years of love affair with aquaculture.

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Cards are a great method of advertizing. Are you sending them to established clients, are you targeting new clients/members. Bulk mail does have some impressive ROI!

Christopher

Old 10-01-2007, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Matthews View Post
Cards are a great method of advertizing. Are you sending them to established clients, are you targeting new clients/members. Bulk mail does have some impressive ROI!

Christopher
I'm targeting a new audience with this particular subject being not a popular forum subject yet. Its a forum on aquaculture. It should pick up as the government funds starts to seep in to the business community.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Possibly you could also consider being ammong the first to do a direct mail announcing the availiability of this type of funding and highlighting your ability to help them take advantage of it.

You stated that your audience was narrow and easily located, how is this. Could you not expand your market by working to define your target market?

Christopher

Old 10-01-2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Possibly you could also consider being ammong the first to do a direct mail announcing the availiability of this type of funding and highlighting your ability to help them take advantage of it.

You stated that your audience was narrow and easily located, how is this. Could you not expand your market by working to define your target market?

Christopher
I been thinking about that. My site is about food producers. Forum where fish growers and lobster farmers and the like can come and talk shop.

I was thinking about incorporating sea food lovers and biology and fish buffs as part of the general audience.

Sushi anyone?

<Link removed>

Old 10-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Sounds like you have a great idea in development there. Have you already considered the Following Cross promotional methods:
  • Academics - Aquatic related College campus Boards (Most campuses have bulletin boards for tacking up cards of interest)
  • Joint Venture- Aquatics related Pet / Food / Supplies Stores (to have your cards on their checkout counter).
  • Aquatic agricultural Facilities & Offices (Exchange a dedicated thread for their word of mouth support)
  • Aquatic Medical practices (Exchange a dedicated thread for their word of mouth support)
  • Aquatic amusement Parks (Cross Advertise with them)
  • Aquatic Museums (Cross Advertise with them)

I could think of several more along with thousands of variations. I'm sure you get the picture though & probably already have what I listed mapped out.

Just my 2 Cents I suppose

Old 10-01-2007, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionagency View Post
Sounds like you have a great idea in development there. Have you already considered the Following Cross promotional methods:
  • Academics - Aquatic related College campus Boards (Most campuses have bulletin boards for tacking up cards of interest)
  • Joint Venture- Aquatics related Pet / Food / Supplies Stores (to have your cards on their checkout counter).
  • Aquatic agricultural Facilities & Offices (Exchange a dedicated thread for their word of mouth support)
  • Aquatic Medical practices (Exchange a dedicated thread for their word of mouth support)
  • Aquatic amusement Parks (Cross Advertise with them)
  • Aquatic Museums (Cross Advertise with them)

I could think of several more along with thousands of variations. I'm sure you get the picture though & probably already have what I listed mapped out.

Just my 2 Cents I suppose
I like the way you called it the Aquatic Museums. Hahahaha nice.

I have done quite a many of those combinations. I'm still gathering target info. Nice size list.

Thank you guys for all the nice advice.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Id be looking at an increased direct mail campaign in 3 waves each of about 5k contacts, id take breaks between each to measure the success, after each and after analyzing the results, I’d take one final wave using the most successful from the first 3 and bring it home!

Old 10-01-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Id be looking at an increased direct mail campaign in 3 waves each of about 5k contacts, id take breaks between each to measure the success, after each and after analyzing the results, Id take one final wave using the most successful from the first 3 and bring it home!

I'm very new at this what software do people use to manage mass mailings? What do you use?

I've been doing them by hand. Putting personal messages in for biologists of interests and some producers of my personal interest.

Going about it kinda clunky.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I don't use paid services myself, I purchased the GroupMail Mass mailer after testing it for 3 months with their free version. Mine is for the soul purpose of sending my Monthly newsletter to Opt-in subscribers. http://www.group-mail.com/asp/common/downloads.asp

GroupMail works off SMTP relays so before you invest, you need to find out what your ISP limits are or the E-mail Hosting accounts Limits that your using as the relay.

The free version has a 100 e-mail addresses per group limit, However you can have as many groups as you want (Unlimited).

(Just keep in mind the SMTP limitation check.) When I used one of my Domain e-mails through my Hosting account I was limited to their 250 per Day relay limit. When I switched to my local ISP empowered e-mails I was able to send 500+ Relays per day.

Good Luck

Old 10-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Also, to add to scorpionagency's post; with respect to groupmail, you have to hand enter each address with the trial version. The full version will pull from a DB or flat file for the records!

This will save wrist issues!

Regards,

Chris

Last edited by Christopher Matthews; 10-03-2007 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Typo ;)

Old 10-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Also, to add to scorpionagency's post; with respect to groupmail, you have to hand enter each address with the trial version. The full version will pull from a DB or flat file for the records!

This will save wrist issues!

Regards,

Chris
Agreed, Once entered they are there for life though.. I used Copy & Past when in trial...

The paid version is better, Of course...

Old 10-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Latest Blog:
None

from personal experience flyers dont tend to be a great way of promotion simply because people assume them to be ad's or spam, and therefore are used to dis-regarding them without a second thought or having even looked at the content of the flyer.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Swiftmed:

They are advertising, so their assumption is correct. Targeted marketing is different than saturation. If you've conducted a proper analysis of your target market/segment, the people receiving the cards will be interested in the subject matter. Additionally, if you're providing a good/great offer they are more likely to respond.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum