Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

Share |
Old 11-16-2007, 01:08 PM

How do we (Skyco Equipment, Inc.) encourage members to visit our sponsored forum?

We recently began sponsoring a forum on ArboristSite.com. My company sells used equipment for the tree service, telecom., electric utility, sign and lighting industries. Our sponsored site, as you can tell, deals with the tree service industry. I am new to the business (tree service) and don't know where to start looking for areas of interest. Can anyone offer helpful hints on how to entice members to visit the forum? Also, non-related forums that have more activity, so how do I post in those areas without pissing off the members and moderator? Keep in mind, I don't know much about chainsaws, or whatever else they might be talking about. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Geoff
Skyco Equipment, Inc.
888-371-2033

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-21-2007, 08:18 AM
Banned

My suggestion is you may offer tips on how to improve their business on your forum.

And about the popular forums write an article that may contribute with their knowledge about the topic that is being discussed or even better about the
field you are good at.

Put a sigs in forums so members will know what you business is all about. If they need your help they will go to you!

Cheers..

BTW Welcome to V7N!

Old 11-21-2007, 08:31 AM

Thanks for the advice.

Thanks for the words of wisdom! I will do just that! I am new to this whole game and the information/feedback that I have been given has been priceless. I have never taken a class on anything like this, but have researched extensively online and like to think that things are progressing somewhat. Thanks again!

Geoff

Old 11-21-2007, 05:51 PM
Contributing Member

i might be wrong, but I cant see people visiting a forum to find out about your product.

People use forums to share info with each other, not for one person to share their info with people (That is what a website is for)

Your tips belong on a website as part of the sales process where you get clients to call you.

In my humble opinion, this is what I like to call ego-stroking (getting your name in lights)

If it was me (Which its not) id just install a free copy of phpbb on your own website (Saves you paying sponsorship fees) then use the forum to share news and annoucements with potential buyers, and to allow previous clients to give feedback.

follow the link in my sig, then click the view feedback link on the left, and see how our forum is used.

Its just my 2c but I just cannot see why someone would go to that sponsored forum. Maby you could create a forum signature on that forum which points to your forum and people looking for info will see you as the expert and go to your site, who knows.

maby im way off base and sounding like an idiot because there is something I didnt pick up on.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:46 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyco View Post
We recently began sponsoring a forum on ArboristSite.com. My company sells used equipment for the tree service, telecom., electric utility, sign and lighting industries. Our sponsored site, as you can tell, deals with the tree service industry. I am new to the business (tree service) and don't know where to start looking for areas of interest. Can anyone offer helpful hints on how to entice members to visit the forum? Also, non-related forums that have more activity, so how do I post in those areas without pissing off the members and moderator? Keep in mind, I don't know much about chainsaws, or whatever else they might be talking about. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Geoff
Skyco Equipment, Inc.
888-371-2033
You contribution is your best advertisement. If you become an authority member based on knowledge help and contribution rather then spam, you can probably see free traffic floating to your site.

By the way, the forum is down at the moment. From the looks of it, it doesn't seem very convincing as a visitor to provide quality input. If the traffic is low on that forum, helping the forum may not even be worth the time.

You should put it in paper and map out the ups and downs in your contribution and by doing some research within your industry. My guesses is that it's very very niche based and out of that niche for those that are involved in forums are probably minimal. However, don't take my word for it...doing your homework first always helps.

-Swapw

Old 11-26-2007, 06:03 AM

Thanks

All of the information provided makes sense! I appreciate you all taking the time to offer suggestions.

I believe that the site does have a significant amount of traffic, however, you are right about it being a niche based forum. I do know enough to comment, but not enough to be a significant contributor. Anyway, please keep the advice coming! Thanks again!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum