Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

Share |
Old 04-03-2008, 08:06 AM
v7n Mentor

Talking How can I make more money?

Greetings everyone, it seems that my websites are not recession proof. Since the first of the year, I have lost 60% of my online income. I am OK for now but want to find new ways to market my products. I mainly deal in marketing tools.

I am looking for suggestions for new and innovative ways to advertise my business. I have been online for seven years and in the past have had some success. My business partners are in a panic and I keep telling them, not to do anything rash.

Please let me know if you have some suggestions.

Thanks,
David Bowie

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Contributing Member

Yea, I think all of us in the US are headed in that direction. Maybe target other countries with better economies. UK for instance.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:52 AM

这里都是黑人吗?

Old 04-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_ Bowie View Post
Greetings everyone, it seems that my websites are not recession proof. Since the first of the year, I have lost 60% of my online income. I am OK for now but want to find new ways to market my products. I mainly deal in marketing tools.

I am looking for suggestions for new and innovative ways to advertise my business. I have been online for seven years and in the past have had some success. My business partners are in a panic and I keep telling them, not to do anything rash.

Please let me know if you have some suggestions.

Thanks,
David Bowie
Does this also indicate a decline in your traffic?

How are your rankings for your keywords in SERP?

What are the ways you have been doing to market your site?

Just some more info we would need in order to advice you accordingly...

Old 04-03-2008, 08:34 PM
v7n Mentor

I have took a slight dip in traffic which has cost my rankings to suffer also. Right now I am primarily posting to groups. I use several safelist, forums and a few traffic exchanges. I use free solo ads.

I do understand that what used to work yesterday, may not work today. I also understand that I need to expand my network. I was using google adwords but did not see much results.

I do like the idea of targeting traffic in the UK. I can not read what you wrote laver but it looks cute.

David

Old 04-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Contributing Member

every problem has a different solution... We are getting great customers these day and are now doing even more marketing.

Now along with online marketing we will be doing some print marketing is well...Targetting UK.

BTW, i think Lavor is trying to say that chinese ecomnomy is booming...Lavor even Indain economy is rising too. US is a superpower...

Old 04-05-2008, 06:32 PM
v7n Mentor

Talking Where does your traffic come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Gosse View Post
Where does your traffic come from?
Do you live on search engines alone?
What have you done lately that is new for your surfers?
Do you have a traffic buying strategy? If so is it profitable?

My Traffic mostly comes from the U.S., I also get traffic from China, UK, Canada and Mexico. No, I do not depend on the search engines alone. I have added a powerful Search Engine Submitter and some others toys for my members to play with.

Do you have a traffic buying strategy? If so is it profitable? Yes, I own a traffic network and yes it was very profitable up until about two months ago.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:30 AM
v7n Mentor

The economy isn't having problems, the crazy money bubble popped and things are going back to normal. Companies gave credit to people who shouldn't have gotten credit, that's why your seeing people cry and fuss because the have to repay things and they can't.

Google and all PPC's companies are in the same boat as everybody else here. They were living high on the hog making the crazy money and now they're freaking out.
All PPC's have raised their click prices and lowered their payout for the clicks. The problem with doing that is: nobody has the mad money they had to spend, so they won't pay the prices. Hence your click payouts are becoming less and less. The ad companies have to show a profit or their stock prices fall and they lose more money. (Google stock prices have fallen over $400 a share this year)

If you watch the large sites "perezhilton," "MySpace" you will see they don't use PPC's companies any more. The only way you can get an ad on their sites is to pay them directly.
So I would say the only way at the current time to make good money on your site is: Sell banner spots on your site.

The good side to this is: You get all or most of the money.
The bad side: If you have a site that has nothing to offer, nobody will advertise on it.

How do you find people to advertise on your site? Send out a load of emails and hope for the best or find a company that specializes in selling banners on your site. (not PPC's) They take a small percentage, but they have the customers that are looking for sites to advertise on in their niche.

How do you figure out what to charge? Take a current banner that is currently running on your site, figure out what it made. Sell it for that price. or set a price and see who bites at it. If nobody does, lower the price.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:56 PM

No matter how bad economy gets there will always be customers. Look at your competition and do it better! I know its much easier written than actually doing (trust me) however thats what all of us are going to have to do - sink or swim

Old 04-08-2008, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laver View Post
这里都是黑人吗?
what do you mean ?

Old 04-19-2008, 04:00 PM

hate swimming but the alternative ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by knslms View Post
No matter how bad economy gets there will always be customers. Look at your competition and do it better! I know its much easier written than actually doing (trust me) however thats what all of us are going to have to do - sink or swim
I'm tempted to sink - cause I hate swimming, seriously though you are so right - it is easier said than done, but if we don't want to sink - then we have to be 3 steps ahead of the competition. The beauty of the internet is that things can be adjusted quickly.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Contributing Member

This next few months is going to be interesting. People may not be so free to spend their money. I think now is the time to to work on building your next plans while business is slow. It will pick up again for sure, and you want to positioned to be on the leading edge of profit trends when the economy picks back up (and let's hope soon!)

Old 04-20-2008, 03:50 PM
v7n Mentor

Thumbs down learning to adjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by windbreakers View Post
marketing is some mostly important, I'm new in this internet world, trying to promote my topsite list http://world-topsite-list.2u4.org , nonprofit thing but still facing problem to promote it.

And I don't understand what you say about "The beauty of the internet is that things can be adjusted quickly" . Seem it is easy for you. Any examples?
Windbreakers, what blitzer means by adjusting quickly is there are many small things you can do in adjusting which can bring instant results.

Changing the site design or template is one of them. Sometimes changing the content helps. I know for sure that expanding your network always works for me.

As for topsites, you lost me there. I did venture over and was completely baffled by what I saw. I am not that smart but I have been online since 2000 and there are some thing that escape my mind although I have a degree in Computer science.

Getting back to your link: You may want to change the color design and on the bottom right, looks like you have a yellow box overlapping the design. Maybe you designed it that way.

Hope this gives you more insight.

David

Old 04-20-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windbreakers View Post
marketing is some mostly important, I'm new in this internet world, trying to promote my topsite list http://world-topsite-list.2u4.org , nonprofit thing but still facing problem to promote it.

And I don't understand what you say about "The beauty of the internet is that things can be adjusted quickly" . Seem it is easy for you. Any examples?
Thanks for your comments Windbreakers.
David was exactly right about what I meant with the being able to adjust things quickly. Things happen at warp speed via the internet, trends change, algorithms change just about anything can change at a moments notice - so it's important that we are able to change quickly too - a tweak here or there can make all the difference.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_ Bowie View Post
Windbreakers, what blitzer means by adjusting quickly is there are many small things you can do in adjusting which can bring instant results.

Changing the site design or template is one of them. Sometimes changing the content helps. I know for sure that expanding your network always works for me.

Getting back to your link: You may want to change the color design and on the bottom right, looks like you have a yellow box overlapping the design. Maybe you designed it that way.
David
Thanks for your comments David. What you're saying is in my opinion absolutely right. I've tweaked until I'm blue in the face - some of it helped some didn't, but a certain amount of tweaking is necessary.

WindBreakers - I noticed your site isn't set up for FireFox. A lot of people use FireFox today, it might be in your best interest to look into that. Thanks for sharing.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:07 PM

Well there are definitely strategies that work out there. Have you looked at all the posts that have been posted in this forum? I created one not so long ago showing two tips how to increase your traffic.

The best way to gain traffic these days...Videos!

Video's are booming at the moment, I get the majority of my traffic from videos on my topic. Helping people understand and become successful in the same area.

You just need to do some research and you should start to discover some new strategies that will work.

Goodluck

-- Hamish

Old 04-20-2008, 11:48 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber_world View Post
what do you mean ?
According to google translate. Chinese to English and Japanese to English.

Metropolitan这里whether or黑人吗?

Old 04-24-2008, 08:17 AM
v7n Mentor

Talking Test Test and Retest

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzer View Post
Thanks for your comments David. What you're saying is in my opinion absolutely right. I've tweaked until I'm blue in the face - some of it helped some didn't, but a certain amount of tweaking is necessary.

WindBreakers - I noticed your site isn't set up for FireFox. A lot of people use FireFox today, it might be in your best interest to look into that. Thanks for sharing.
Blitzer, sometimes a full fledge Site Redesign is in order. Most importantly, keep expanding your network and test new markets. Some times it is not the site you promote is the problem but whom you are promoting it to.

I have a new site up and getting 100 new members weekly but very few up grades. So I have upped the ante by giving them access to my Global Search Engine Submitter free for 120 days.

Hope that works. May have to give away a few premium traffic packages.

Have a great week and prosper

Old 04-25-2008, 03:55 AM

The money is out there!!

With projected internet sales of $130,000,000,000.00 in 2007 the earning potential is never-ending now more than ever, so if you think it's too late too start capitilizing on the fastest growing sector in the world, think again.

Here are ten steps to live by... so check it out!
Nowadays you just can't afford to just try or do one thing you need the full package combined with max efforts...

Market Selection Combined with Profitability testing.

It’s been said that the key to choosing the correct market is to go for something you enjoy doing. Well not anymore folks, it’s all about the moneyand profitability factor nowadays. Like Tom Cruise said in Jerry McGuire “Show Me The Money”, well if you’re making money with a market that you personally love then you can consider yourself lucky, really lucky. Before jumping in and starting to promote something you obviously have to choose a topic or niche and do a bit of research regarding that topic.

You’re going to want to find out if there are related products online and if they are selling… also you will need to find out whether or not there are affiliate programs available in that certain niche. You don’t want to skip this step believe me, there is nothing as worse as doing stack of hard work for the laugh of it.

Competition Analyses and Market Research.

Competition Analysis is key to starting a successful online venture. You don’t want to stick out your head and find yourself in a space that way to crowded and demanding. The way any business starts is by seeking out the gaps in the market and then lunging toward it. So this is what you want to focus on, whether your market is newcomer friendly or not. Rather start small and work your way up then the other way around.

Competition and Market Research is easily done in Google where you will see exactly who the top dogs are and what they are targeting and promoting. Use Google to its full to see if a gap is still available.

Purchasing a Domain Name and creating a Online Brand.

Domain Names provides your site with a name tag, introducing it to the online community. It’s also something that will provide relevancy and guide people to what your site is actually about.

Domain names also play a vital role in the search listings according to Google, Yahoo and MSN. They see it as a relevancy guider and this comes in handy when your targeted keyword is in your domain. So try to have your main keyword situated in your name and if you are going to be using hyphens stick to one or two. Also when it comes to the dotcom, dotorg or which ever extensions stick with dotcom in the beginning.

Another aspect of domain names is creating and branding your website. Use a word that will stick, something associated with a certain loge, certain shape or color etc. This will provide good comeback visitors and spread the word online.

Setting up a quality and Relevancy optimized LSI structured Site.

Latent Semantic Indexing is all about keeping you’re site sorted and relevant for gaining extra authority from Search Engines. After doing your keyword research it’s important that you place all your keyword gathered in relevant groups. Each of those groups will be placed under your main topic or targeted keyword. So you will have your main targeted keyword and then you’ll have group headings under that which are called silo’s, underneath those silo’s are the relevant keywords to that group. By doing this your site will be super relevant and believe it or not Google will notice it.

Adding HRC (Honest Relevant Content)

If sex is King online than content is certainly Queen. The importance of fresh content is mistaken by thousands of online marketers… providing a visitor with what they want to know is what it’s all about. By providing honest relevant content you will not only be loved by visitors for solving their problems, but you will also be rewarded by Google. So make sure your content is good and fresh, cause after all it’s content that makes the web go round…

Increase website visibility…drastically

The most widely used method to increase a website’s visibility is undoubtedly using the search engines. This involves search engine optimization. Let’s quickly discuss the bare minimums for ranking well in Google.

On-Page: On page is exactly what it says and holds bar to what you do on your website, are you targeting your specific and related keywords, is the text bolded etc.

Off-Page: Off page optimization at the other hand is what you do outside your site, like getting people to link to you with your targeted keywords etc.

Making your site Media Friendly.

Websites are becoming more and more media friendly and some only focus on media, meaning video and audio. Just look at sites like YouTube and MetaCafe which main focuses are video. So get with the tech era and add video logs of yourself or market on those sites as well as on your site to improve your media stance. As well as video you can also add audio to your site to improve visitor experiences and to give it a more personal touch.

Blog CCO (Create, Customize and Optimize)

I get loads of people asking me whether or not they should add a blog to their site or not. Well yes go for it… get that blog up there and hosted as soon as possible so you can start posting to add more depth to your site as well as bring in more relevant traffic. Try keeping you’re blog design close to your site design, meaning colors, logo etc. One of the most vital things when it comes to blogging is yet again the content you add and how regular you add it. By updating your blog on a regular basis you will soon see and extra traffic surge coming your sites way.

Drive Traffic with or without Cash.

Make use of free services to drive traffic. Especially in the beginning where you don’t want to spend to much cash on PPC or Advertising. The following services and methods can be used for free traffic:

- Article Marketing: By writing a descent article once a day and submitting it to multiple directories will not only gain you more traffic, but also provide you with a quality backlink. Simply write your article covering your niche, then head over to Google search “Submit Article” and Submit.

- Blogging, HubPages or Squidoo: Make use of free blogging platforms, hubpages or the all powerful squidoo to gain extra traffic. It’s free, quick and really easy to setup so get cracking. Simply sign up, add good content and off you go.

- Video Submission: Use YouTube, Daily Motion and sites like MetaCafe to add your videos… Gain exposure and ultimately get traffic from it. Some of the niche related videos on youtube get more than a 100 000 views. So just imagine if you submit a good quality video to multiple sites, c’mon you can’t miss out on that.

- Leaving Comments: Especially if you have a blog it’s VIP to be active in commenting on other niche/market related blogs. Some even offer backlinks and you are guaranteed to gain extra traffic. Use BackLinkSpot.com to see who’s using do-follow tags.

- Forums: Forums are really helpful to test a market and to drive traffic to your site. Make sure you add quality and valid posts also make sure you link to your site from your signature if it’s allowed with quality and enticing text. A hot thread with a lot of views can offer quite a few clicks depending on your post, reply or signature.

Grabbing your visitor by the throat.

1. Start off by getting a auto responder (like getresponse or Aweber)

2. Create a opt in page geared towards your specified market or niche.

3. Drive traffic to your opt in page.

4. Provide content through your auto responder.

5. Up sell your subscribers with affiliate offers listed on your site.

Like the Quality this post provides? Well you’ll be absolutely Gobsmacked with whats in the Members Area of <url removed> - Soon to be the benchmark in Affiliate and Internet Marketing Training Sites.…

JVDub

Last edited by cldnails; 06-12-2008 at 06:58 PM.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Banned

If the site had a good content then will get more trafic...My opinion is the contetn is the king at all...

get yor site content usefull furst before we think about the earning ...what do you think?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum