Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-15-2008, 05:39 PM

marketing ideas for my social network site

Hello, I have recently setup a social network site for clubbers in the UK.

have done the usual marketing on other social netowork sites such as facebook and myspace. now that most of my friends have joined, the number of visitors and sign ups have gone to zero.

i think its quite hard to market a social network site. so any ideas on this work be great thanks.

heres my website link in case anyone want to have a look.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

To do this well, especialy if you want to monetize it, you're going to need to talk to some of the more higher up club owners around the place. Set up meetings with them to do some tech demos n stuff...
  • Get a bluetooth caster that you can use inside the club that sends people a picture (GIF file is probably best) or a text message directly to their phones. - Possibly the fastest way to get them to sign up, but make sure you have a mobile optimized version of your site so that they can sign up directly from their phones.
  • Coasters/drink napkins with the website on them - probably the least effective route of all as few people pay attention to coasters that don't in some way engage their attention. It's a coaster FFS
  • Hot girls handing out flyers with the site on them - probably the most expensive and least effective root for getting continuing traffic
  • QR Codes - These will cost you as much as the sticker printer paper from your local stationary store

Old 09-16-2008, 05:39 AM

thanks.

sounds like its all offline marketing for this then? online is no good?

Old 09-16-2008, 06:55 AM

seanism, how did you get 21,000 members on your site? I live in Miami, Florida and I am also creating a social network site with a niche to clubbers in South Florida( Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, the keys) but I am also in the same boat of how I will market my site. It would be cool to exchange what works and what doesn't work, so both of us can share back ideas to make our sites more interesting to our members that join and have more potential members join.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos183 View Post
seanism, how did you get 21,000 members on your site? I live in Miami, Florida and I am also creating a social network site with a niche to clubbers in South Florida( Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, the keys) but I am also in the same boat of how I will market my site. It would be cool to exchange what works and what doesn't work, so both of us can share back ideas to make our sites more interesting to our members that join and have more potential members join.
hi it's part of strategy, the 21 in front is fake. its the last 3 digit the real number of members.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:17 AM

I see, so what does your site offer? I see you only have Home search,invite, and help. Maybe if you added a forum( where people can discuss what clubs are hot or not), events( so club promoters or owners can post up events),and other features where your members can interact it might make it more interesting. I'm just trying to come up with ideas for my ownsite as well before I launch it.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos183 View Post
I see, so what does your site offer? I see you only have Home search,invite, and help. Maybe if you added a forum( where people can discuss what clubs are hot or not), events( so club promoters or owners can post up events),and other features where your members can interact it might make it more interesting. I'm just trying to come up with ideas for my ownsite as well before I launch it.
yea its all there, once you are a member, you will see all the options. join and see what my site offers.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:44 AM

I joined and I see that you only get to see these features when you join. wish you luck on your site. How long has it been up? maybe a way of marketing it can be through posting flyers at the universities in your area, or handing out flyers ,just like how club promoters do. Also posting on the forums of the night clubs in your area might also work by putting your sites URL with something convincing them to join in your signature might work.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:43 AM

wot script did u use on that site?

Old 09-30-2008, 02:00 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

you can try submitting or sharing it to other social media sites or submit it to social bookmarking sites.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:05 AM
Contributing Member

I would also go for the off-line campaigning, just have some flyers to give to anybody going in-out a club and give some kind of a price; also sit there with a laptop to have them sign up ... anyway, plenty of options, but for sure your best off getting started with off-line marketing, whatever you do online, it will never take off without a solid group of people on it already

prepare yourself well, you need to keep it flowing for while from your off-line activities, once it has become popular you can do any other kind of stuff

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum