Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk > Mobile Technology

Mobile Technology Topics include mobile devices, discussions about service providers, apps, updates and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-29-2017, 05:40 AM
Contributing Member

Battery degradation

My iPhone is two & half years old now. Last week I installed a popular battery management app that showed that my battery degradation was at 14%. This week I checked it again and was surprised to see that it showed 18%! 4% degradation in a week - is that possible? At this rate I'm looking at a new battery in a couple of months! What's the normal trajectory of battery life after two & half years? I'm a heavy user & need to charge my phone once or twice daily, although I let it drain to about 40% before charging, rather than allowing it to fully discharge.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-29-2017, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

I don't trust apps to get true battery life.. After 2 years I would say just replace the battery if you plan to keep on using the phone for a long time.

Keep in mind, some apps just drain the battery each day if they are not closed. I tend to have the bare minimum apps installed and no useless time waster apps.

Why not visit a phone store and ask them to test the battery life?

Old 05-02-2017, 10:36 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Batteries are still the worst part from anything with them.
Specially on the Phones, And is very hard to apps to know the correct amount of degradation an app has! So what apps do instead is doing a guess, an educated guess but a guess non of the less.

Last edited by Miguel Portela; 05-02-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Old 05-24-2017, 12:31 AM

You should change your battery as soon as possible.

Old 05-24-2017, 03:42 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Why not visit a phone store and ask them to test the battery life?
Yeah I guess I'll do that. But in case it does come to replacement, any idea how much it costs to get the battery replaced from Apple? I'll probably end up changing this phone in a years time anyway. Don't want to spend too much on battery.

Old 06-25-2017, 11:15 PM

How to Fix iPhone Battery Darin Problem

I am also same battery drain problem. Suddenly my iPhone battery started quick drain, after investigation I found that this is basically because of latest OS upgardation so that some of the apps causes quick battery drain. First you have to updated all installed apps. Surely this will fix the issue.

Old 07-01-2017, 12:21 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

The Apps are the biggest battery killers. Especially Apps that track your location such as maps etc.These drain batteries because they run in the background.

Old 09-10-2017, 10:48 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

If u can get root access and begin uninstalling bloatware that is constantly running on the OS in the background. that can help boost battery life.

Old 09-10-2017, 11:07 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler00 View Post
If u can get root access and begin uninstalling bloatware that is constantly running on the OS in the background. that can help boost battery life.
Root access on iOS?

Old 09-14-2017, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguar View Post
Root access on iOS?
Is that possible? :what:

Old 09-14-2017, 11:11 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naijasturf View Post
Is that possible? :what:
Please make some value additions rather than questioning other people.

Old 09-15-2017, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguar View Post
Please make some value additions rather than questioning other people.
I don't know what you might be thinking about my question, is it a crime for to ask about what I don't know, or do you want me to make meaningless additions? Come on, I just ask if that is possible not that I'm doubting or quoting you wrong

Old 09-15-2017, 03:43 AM

Smile SAME REMARK

I don't trust apps to get true battery life.. After 2 years I would say just replace the battery if you plan to keep on using the phone for a long time.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:41 AM
Contributing Member

I recently had to get rid of an iPhone due to the battery running down extremely quickly. I put it down to using a cheap 3rd party charger bought from Amazon.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:43 AM

Just Check with your mobile company service center, dont trust battery degradation app, that might be wrong so please check with service center about your battery health.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:54 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naijasturf View Post
I don't know what you might be thinking about my question, is it a crime for to ask about what I don't know, or do you want me to make meaningless additions? Come on, I just ask if that is possible not that I'm doubting or quoting you wrong
No I certainly don't want you to make meaningless additions. That would be the same as asking pointless questions. When you're new, people appreciate if you contribute more comprehensively rather than post single line questions or answers.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk > Mobile Technology