Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk > Mobile Technology

Mobile Technology Topics include mobile devices, discussions about service providers, apps, updates and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-10-2017, 02:43 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Any Mobile Development Platforms for Financial Tools?

For many mobile apps i notice people like to use Unity or Unreal engine. But that is because most apps tend to be games on mobile. But for those who want to make non-games, or more specifically, financial tools, what development environments exist to make the process more speedier and cross platform compatible? In short, something similar to Unity but more geared towards finance, and other non-game application rapid development?

Or does, one just have to roll up their sleeves and write up their own classes/functions in java/swift from scratch? I dont mind this process but the time it takes to write applications on mobile and then research and port over for other platforms is time consuming when you also have to factor in debugging.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-19-2017, 04:11 AM
Contributing Member

I am not into App development but definitely have some idea on gaming framework. I don't think you will have such a financial application build framework unlike the gaming core engines like the Unity or Unreal engine.

The reason being, there is no such core functionality that is shareable for other financial apps which is done in case of games.
There might be some apps or development environments available which might be providing you APIs to build your own application.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:57 AM

I don't think there are any frameworks in place for financial apps, but every programming language already has every financial formula typically baked into the language as its own library of objects (PHP has for years). Ultimately though finance is just math and formulas, so beyond that I would have to ask what other kind of functionality you are looking for (API integrations, other services, etc).

Old 10-12-2017, 03:30 AM

Android Studio For Native, React Native, Xamarin And Phone Gap For Cross Platform.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk > Mobile Technology