Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Getting Started With V7N > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions New members introduce yourselves. Not your website, yourself. :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 12-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

They were pretty pickles and in the distant past having canned a few jars myself I can appreciate the work that went into the adventure.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-08-2011, 04:12 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

I think that the people who made the last 6 off topic posts should be banned for life.

And me prejudiced, I can barely spell it. Everyone is friendly but for the super mods, but you will be OK your background is right. I come from the UK, nearest to Texas I got was being a tourist in Nebraska, yer, I know, the locals took photos of us!!

Old 12-08-2011, 09:00 AM
v7n Mentor

LOL, well, I'm glad they did. Since somehow I missed that there was still convo going on here, and I don't want to drop out of my own thread and be rude.

I don't think it was off topic anyway. The pickles WERE lovely ... I have never managed to understand why some people don't like homemade gifts either. There was one time I presented my sister in law with a basket of all kinds of different baked goodies and candied treats, and then also with some bath items. My brother in law got them mixed up and popped one of the bath pearls in his mouth ... he never did thank me for that, LOL.

Now a mop for Valentine's day ... hmm ... you know, I was actually pretty pleased when someone recently gave me a REAL mop complete with the janitor's bucket like they use in commercial services. I have a lot of tile and concrete floors that seem to need a lot of cleaning, and those silly sponge mops from Wal-Mart were just getting worn out too fast. 'Course, it wasn't a Valentine's Day gift or anything ... not sure if that would have made a difference. So I'm not taking sides on that one!

Old 12-08-2011, 09:14 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

I owe Ink an apology cause I made a comment (may have been in PM) which made an assumption about her age group that I wouldnt have made had I realized she was female. [Guessing aloud about women's ages is a fast way to get hurt.]

In my defense I used to be better at picking up on gender based on posts until coming here where some of the mods are UK males, and of course east Texas women sound so much less effiminate than they do it throws me off entirely. [My wife just pointed out that I am in fact "Mr Sensitivity".]

Old 12-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjones View Post
I owe Ink an apology cause I made a comment (may have been in PM) which made an assumption about her age group that I wouldnt have made had I realized she was female. [Guessing aloud about women's ages is a fast way to get hurt.]
LOL! Same problem here...that's why I check profiles.

Quote:
In my defense I used to be better at picking up on gender based on posts until coming here where some of the mods are UK males, and of course east Texas women sound so much less effiminate than they do it throws me off entirely. [My wife just pointed out that I am in fact "Mr Sensitivity".]
Holy cow, how does that shoe taste Rob? LOL!!! You better back slowly outta the room old pal! [Beth, help him please!]

Old 12-08-2011, 10:45 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

[YT]mL7n5mEmXJo[/YT]

Old 12-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

lol! I knew what you meant..just yankin' your chain since your comment could go two ways!

Old 12-08-2011, 10:55 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Speaking of going two ways... we're due or a retort from the UK mods soon. [It's all a part of my grand scheme to become US ambassador to the UK.]

Old 12-08-2011, 02:14 PM
v7n Mentor

LOL!!!

Ok, let me say up front that I'm not offended at all, never was. But if I *were* the sensitive type, I think I might be more bothered that I didn't come across as female at all than that you made assumptions about my age. Which you got pretty close to right anyway, LOL.

Now, those UK mods ... yeah, I was worried about them. I think I may duck out of my own thread now, not sure what might be headed this way.

Would it help if I told you I can build my own chicken coops and put up fences?

Old 12-08-2011, 02:49 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired Ink View Post
Would it help if I told you I can build my own chicken coops and put up fences?
Depends on whether you offered to come fence here. I have a Percheron-cross horse thats sweet as a puppy and big as an elephant that's either eating or beating the hell outta everything I put her in.

She thinks 5 inch treated wood posts and wooden fence panels are tasty snacks... she almost took down a loafing shed at the old place by using 4x6 timbers as chewing tobacco. But if I use t-posts she can walk into a fence panel and roll it flat like a bull dozer. I find her wandering around loose every few days, including this morning and yesterday.

Before you say "electric fence"... she's defeated those too, and the one she got past knocks me to the ground if I touch it. I'm thinking of giving up and letting her stay in the house. She followed me in once when I left the door open... I just hope the lack of opposing thumbs keeps her from making outta state calls on my cellphone.

My cousin just wrapped a project with some pretty imaginative chicken coops. Obvious quonset hut inspiration... her hubby has a military background. Pretty simple, cheap, and effective.

Attached Thumbnails
Hello all-christis-coop-1.jpg   Hello all-christis-coop-2.jpg  

Old 12-08-2011, 03:43 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
Nice to have you here II! With horses, dogs, cats, turkeys, and (oh no!) guinea fowl, we have a similar small farm thing going on too. Garden out back too. The difference between fresh and store-bought is not just edible but incredible.

I grew these this year:

And turned them into:

Ummm, excuse me?

And why didn't I get a jar?

Old 12-08-2011, 03:44 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

TrishAnna, It is a pleasure to meet you. I have a feeling you will like it around here.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Is this till the introductions thread?

Snakey is lost and someone burned the map i had.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:21 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Depends on whether you offered to come fence here.
Ummmmm .... No, sorry. Tempting, but no, LOL.

You literally had me laughing out loud with the telling of your Percheron-x's story. Hopefully she doesn't have any relatives in the old country when she figures out your phone.

Love the coop. I actually considered building one like that when I lived in Florida. I ended up with a wooden A-Frame instead. Now I want to add turkeys, and I'm afraid to let them free-range all the time, so I just might be giving that another thought. I have some extra cattle panels around here, I think, if they didn't all get used up for goat stalls.

Good luck with the Percheron. That's why I don't have pigs ... I don't think I can build fences that strong. Goats are my biggest challenge, and they really aren't so difficult (though one of them figured out she could jump a 4' gate from a standing jump ... surprised me almost as much as it did her!). As long as the food they can see is on THEIR side of the fence, I have nothing to worry about though.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:24 PM
v7n Mentor

And thanks for the welcome, Cricket! I already DO like it around here. Wish I had more time just to hang out, but I have lots of work to do trying to get everything whipped back into shape. I enjoy the break though. And the info!

And Snake ... yup, still introductions. The trail IS getting a bit muddled though, isn't it? Sorry, I actually like it that way. I enjoy a challenge, and I'm lost half the time anyway.

Thanks for the welcome Monica. Nice of you to stop by!

Old 12-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Ummm, excuse me?

Oh sorry. I forgot how you love big pickles.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:55 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

ALRIGHT. Stop that, it's silly. [and a bit suspect I think.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
Oh sorry. I forgot how you love big pickles.
[YT]P0dWo31hwpI[/YT]

Old 12-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Ummm, excuse me?

I suppose if I mentioned that if you did not pick the pickles to be pickled, you would not be entitled to any, I might be in a pickle.

edit: then we could talk about pickle slicers.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:27 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Beiung the unique, I think, UK mod and reading everything when you lot are in bed,I think I ought to ask for all those Texan mobsters and Muddy to be banned for being offtopic and that Admin is one of the worst. Fancy showing pictures of your own pickles on here, there is ban on rude pictures.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymously View Post
Beiung the unique, I think, UK mod...
Don't forget Gio and Dan!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Getting Started With V7N > New Member Introductions