Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Online Business Forum General online business related topics including ecommerce, customer related issues, home based business challenges & tips, etc.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 12-16-2009, 10:28 AM
v7n Mentor

Help Looking for sales reps

Hello, I am looking at finding sales reps or a sales rep firm that works on commission. I'm not sure what direction to go or if there are even any places out there that do what I am looking for.

The product is hosting, dedicated internet services, colocation, etc.. Does anyone have any pointers, advice or experience in this?

Thanks.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Banned

You should go for classifieds sites and post your as regarding what you need with details and you wiil get many positive responses there.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia View Post
Hello, I am looking at finding sales reps or a sales rep firm that works on commission. I'm not sure what direction to go or if there are even any places out there that do what I am looking for.

The product is hosting, dedicated internet services, colocation, etc.. Does anyone have any pointers, advice or experience in this?

Thanks.
Why don't you start affiliate program rather than looking for sales rep, I think selling on internet through sales rep is little difficult. Good affiliate program has more opportunities if you pay good to the affiliates.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:49 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Why don't you start affiliate program rather than looking for sales rep, I think selling on internet through sales rep is little difficult. Good affiliate program has more opportunities if you pay good to the affiliates.
We looked into this and do already have one in place. It does not generate a heck of a lot of interest to be honest. Doing it ourselves was the only option because places like CJ, Azoogle, etc., want $10k to $100,000.00 UPFRONT in cash and on hand in order to handle the payouts and the program. That is just not feasible. It would likely create more exposure than doing it ourselves, but its just not practical. It just means more CRAP, FRAUD AND JUNK!

All the affiliate marketing and ppc, etc. has every generated is 99.9% fraud or just plain crap customers.

What I am looking for a is a good sales rep that can cold call and do things the old fashioned way and make sales. We sell some rather high end services, wholesale services, dedicated servers, colo, etc... Not just your cookie cutter bargain cheapo hosting...

The customers we have are typically with us a long time, and buy a lot of services. We are talking 5 figures or more per month, not $10 bucks a year. Its something that would be rather lucrative for a firm that can generate sales and wants an ongoing commission rather than a one time pay out!!!

Old 12-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
What I am looking for a is a good sales rep that can cold call and do things the old fashioned way and make sales. We sell some rather high end services, wholesale services, dedicated servers, colo, etc... Not just your cookie cutter bargain cheapo hosting...
Then maybe finding the type of sales person you want should use an old fashioned method also? How about going through an employment agency? They screen the applicants for you. There is a fee involved on your part (well here there is, employees cannot be charged for finding a job, the employer pays the fee when done through an agency).

With current ecomomic state, have you considered posting the job at your unemployment office job board/site? There are probably some very good sales people out of work and checking those boards.

Also, have you posted the job on your site under Careers? Using the right keywords in the posting would help the more internet savvy sales person find the position in a search engine search.

Are you on LinkedIn? Ask your connections or find where you are allowed to post the position.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:16 PM
v7n Mentor

Well I am not looking to hire another employee. I am looking at either 1099's, contract work or hiring out a firm that does this. Straight commission. I don't want another employee. I just want to farm sales out and make it 100% commission.... There's no way to make a decent living hiring someone and then having to pay all the other bs that goes along with it. Unless they can guarantee performance, and that never happens.

Also, its slim pickens finding people locally. The write candidate would need to be technologically savvy, and already have a lot of leads, etc.. That is why I think a rep firm or some place that does this for a living would be better suited.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:26 PM

I always pay the $25 and post an ad in craigslist. you can probably visit a city there that will allow you to do it for free. it's going to be a while before people will take you up on your offer, everyone likes a salary.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:41 AM

hey, would you consider ebay seller who would like to sell your items on the largest internet buying and selling platform..ebay.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:05 AM

Im not accepting any ebayers, the market is overcrowded because of the low barrier to entry and as an overall long term strategy ebay is a brand killer for first run merchandise

Old 01-14-2010, 04:00 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcoke View Post
I always pay the $25 and post an ad in craigslist. you can probably visit a city there that will allow you to do it for free. it's going to be a while before people will take you up on your offer, everyone likes a salary.
We've advertised just about everywhere. Seems people just do not want to work, or there is no one capable or suited to do this.

The problem with hiring someone in house and paying them a salary is the lack of incentive. The higher end tickets we have are 6 figures or more per years. At 30% that is a HUGE commission , and a hell of a lot more than anyone will see in any affiliate marketing, or other sales rep type job.

I'm just convinced people do not want to work anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncocyan09 View Post
hey, would you consider ebay seller who would like to sell your items on the largest internet buying and selling platform..ebay.
Web Hosting and Dedicated Sellers? I'm not sure the sale of commodity based services is something that goes over well on eBay. I've seen people try, but have yet to hear of any success in doing so.

Also, I do not know of too many clients out there shopping for a home for their mission critical application over at eBay.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:01 PM
v7n Mentor

Have you tried posting job openings on websites like ScriptLance, GetAFreelancer, Elance, oDesk, etc.?

Old 01-15-2010, 03:47 AM

It is of no use.Just distribute pamphlets outside nearby college.Recruit them and train them .They have the enthu and energy required for sales.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:40 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWizard View Post
Have you tried posting job openings on websites like ScriptLance, GetAFreelancer, Elance, oDesk, etc.?
No, because its not a job or position I am offering. I am looking for an outside sales group or person that does this for a living.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
No, because its not a job or position I am offering. I am looking for an outside sales group or person that does this for a living.
In the physical world there are sales positions called manufacturer's rep. They represent a company or many. They are commissioned sales people. So... you might want to look at that angle. examples.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:34 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by htmlbasictutor View Post
In the physical world there are sales positions called manufacturer's rep. They represent a company or many. They are commissioned sales people. So... you might want to look at that angle. examples.
Which is exactly what I am looking for. My dad and his dad did this for 15 years way back when.

Thing is, I am not sure this exists in the IT worlds.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Which is exactly what I am looking for. My dad and his dad did this for 15 years way back when.

Try looking through this search (made it IT specific ). There's a few LinkedIn results in there.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:03 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriankoto View Post
It is of no use.Just distribute pamphlets outside nearby college.Recruit them and train them .They have the enthu and energy required for sales.
I have done that for my affiliate program and gotten a fair amount of new affiliates.

Quote:
That is what some of them do for a living and they are not looking for a job, they are just wanting short projects. Just post a project saying "I need --- signups and will pay --- for each signup."

Old 01-16-2010, 12:20 AM

you can advertise in the local paper or online. Set up your web site and have woman and men (when i sold avon there was a man who did very well) sign up to become reps.

Last edited by snakeair; 01-16-2010 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Fake sig.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:07 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:

I am replying after sometime, I have viewed your web hosting website. Getting people to buy your host is not a easy job even if you do find a good sales rep. There are thousands of hosting companies offering services at very competitive rates. You need to see the areas and look for what is the edge you got amongst competitors to be successful in web hosting.

There is another idea SEO your website and promoting the website in different forums by writing reviews about your web hosting. Even if you hire a great sales rep, people consider so many things before buying a web host. I have seen some web hosts going to different hosting forums and offering there services. A good marketing campaign can bring more sales, Thanks.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:16 AM

Going to calssified sites would be a great move

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Closed Thread