Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Online Business Forum General online business related topics including ecommerce, customer related issues, home based business challenges & tips, etc.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 07-03-2011, 02:05 AM
Contributing Member

what is the first step to online business?

For a beginner, what is the first step to online business?Because I think the first step of each work is very important. I think you also think so...

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-03-2011, 05:32 AM
Contributing Member

What kind of job you want to do? There are many jobs and businesses available. If you are clear on business go for affiliated programs and Google ad-sense.

Old 07-03-2011, 05:48 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny4u1 View Post
What kind of job you want to do? There are many jobs and businesses available. If you are clear on business go for affiliated programs and Google ad-sense.
Oh, Now I is sold shoes and each big league of jersey by my website.Want you to give me some advice about my work.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:40 AM
v7n Mentor

I don't know anything particular about shoes but I have bought jerseys online. First, who are your ideal customers. Then make sure those customers have good reason to buy from you instead of someone else.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herly View Post
Oh, Now I is sold shoes and each big league of jersey by my website.Want you to give me some advice about my work.
Have a look at how others sell shoes and jerseys and do better ..... or at least the same.

Or you could just put it up on ebay and sell it there

Old 07-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Trotta View Post
I don't know anything particular about shoes but I have bought jerseys online. First, who are your ideal customers. Then make sure those customers have good reason to buy from you instead of someone else.
Thanks for your suggest,I'll do my best to understand some customers of idea.It may be bring benefit to me.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:32 AM
Contributing Member

I agree to James Trotta said, as long as your product is affordable and durable your customers will be to buy again your products.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
For a beginner, what is the first step to online business?Because I think the first step of each work is very important. I think you also think so...
I would say coming up with a business idea would be the first step.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:58 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
I would say coming up with a business idea would be the first step.
Yep..the first step would be to have a business..then advertise.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:03 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancerz View Post
Yep..the first step would be to have a business..then advertise.
Can you tell me the specific?

Old 07-08-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
The first step of an online business is identifying a profitable niche that you would like to market it. It doesn't make sense to go six months into something, only to find out that no one is searching for the niche you're in.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:49 AM

the first step is trial and error campaign, until you find the best one for your business.
one of the main component for online business is traffic, so search your market, why some store get more visitor and why others don't. And how many visitor that make an action (buy something) or just visiting and find the reason behind it.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:52 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bli_wedhooz View Post
the first step is trial and error campaign, until you find the best one for your business.
one of the main component for online business is traffic, so search your market, why some store get more visitor and why others don't. And how many visitor that make an action (buy something) or just visiting and find the reason behind it.
I think that I must take a lot of time to go to find the reason as you say. After all, no pains,no gains.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:47 AM
Contributing Member

The first step would be gather enough information or learn more on areas you are going to work.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Administrator

18 replies and no one mentioned develop a business plan. A business plan would include market study (as in how viable a business idea it is), marketing plan and financial plan.

Doesn't matter how big or small your business is or is going to be if you don't sit down and work out a plan, you won't have any benchmarks as to how you are doing or if what you are doing is giving you ROI (return on investment) you need.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Banned

The first step to online business? Get a computer with an internet connection. Step 2? Get an email address. Step 3 start learning about websites and the internet. Step 3 is joining some communities. Step 4 start networking. Step 5 create a website or start promoting affiliate products.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:39 AM
v7n Mentor

I'm no business expert, but to me, this is a business plan, specifically marketing - identify your customers, give them a reason to buy from you.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
18 replies and no one mentioned develop a business plan. A business plan would include market study (as in how viable a business idea it is), marketing plan and financial plan.

Doesn't matter how big or small your business is or is going to be if you don't sit down and work out a plan, you won't have any benchmarks as to how you are doing or if what you are doing is giving you ROI (return on investment) you need.
I see how a financial plan could be good for a big business, but for a guy like me who started off with 10/year in domain fees and 5/month in hosting fees, it doesn't need to be all formal. Maybe selling jerseys is different because you have to stock your product and all that but I'm not sure how the OPs suppliers are doing their thing.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I'm no business expert, but to me, this is a business plan, specifically marketing - identify your customers, give them a reason to buy from you.

I see how a financial plan could be good for a big business, but for a guy like me who started off with 10/year in domain fees and 5/month in hosting fees, it doesn't need to be all formal. Maybe selling jerseys is different because you have to stock your product and all that but I'm not sure how the OPs suppliers are doing their thing.
Maybe financing the domain fees and hosting costs were not a big deal for you but for some if they haven't thought about how they are going to finance these and other costs of doing business as they start out and continue to grow it is. It could mean life or death for their business.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:38 AM

Just like any other business.

Conduct a feasibility study, then if the business is viable, write a business plan. Then raise capital and execute the plan.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:11 PM

First identify a market..........are there people who want to buy a product or service...

B......can you make a profit with that product/service.........

Then do a bunch of the other things the other members have listed....

If you do have a product that people will buy, that you cam make a profit selling..
The best site in the world will not do you any good.....))))))

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Closed Thread