Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Online Business Forum General online business related topics including ecommerce, customer related issues, home based business challenges & tips, etc.

Share |
Old 06-14-2012, 09:53 AM

Question I Have Finished Writing My E-Books - But How To Sell?

Does anyone know how I can sell my e-books online? Most services request money for every little thing. I was wondering if I could sell my books as easily as possible.

What I need:

A personal page or platform where I can describe about my products before listing them below.

I know that I also require credit merchant account (which requires money out of my own pocket).
-----

So does this mean I need to purchase a domain name, web hosting server etc? Can you advice me on easiest methods to sell my e-books? Thank you so much for your time.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

I have a suggestion but it might not be what you are looking for so we can go back to suggesting things for you if you don't like this below.

http://www.squeezetheme.com/

You can build squeeze/sales pages and then of course sell your book or products through a self hosted WordPress blog.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:09 PM

Hi,

If you are looking for the minimum cost possible, you could try free web hosts, but I am not sure how “reachable” you would be with such a method.
I am sure however that you would need a website for starters, with SEO-wise worked keywords. Next step would still be with SEO in mind, to work on spreading the word out there: regular texts/articles to your website and/or a blog. Moreover, try social networks for the marketing process.
Personally, I am not sure how well ads and affiliation programs work for online marketing since I have never used them.
When it comes to the merchant part, there are a lot of payment systems, using either credit cards (AlertPay, PayPal) or others are based on mobile payment, like Boku and Virgopass. Depending on the price of your product(s), and where/who it is aimed at, you will have to chose the best method, while maybe considering using more than one to ensure sales and conversion rate.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:36 AM
Contributing Member

Yes, the better way is to create your own site about the ebook.

Then you need to advertise it (Adwords, specialty websites, etc) to get the clients.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:58 PM
v7n Mentor

The two most common way of selling ebooks are either through the amazon kindle marketplace or through clickbank.

These are both low cost options as you don't need to pay for your own hosting or web design etc.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:27 AM

you can sell it for free in Amazon Kindle, lulu, bubok, and also you have to share the links and promote your book

Old 07-02-2012, 01:48 PM

If you are looking to make money from selling the book, you can bootstrap with getting a free website up, setting a free paypal account and implementing a "buy now" button. Then you can redirect the customer from Paypal to your ebook download page.

This is a good "free" system to start out with, but after doing that I'd say the real challenge would be promoting the ebook..

Old 07-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Contributing Member

Do you have a blog or personal website? I know some bloggers that write e-books and sell it on their own sites.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:58 PM

My suggestion is selling through third party such as Clickbank. Even though you have to invest little money before start banking but its really worth because there are hundreds of people who will market your product without salary just based on bonus and that is business

Old 07-06-2012, 06:06 AM

I recommend creating a sales page with a domain that target your niche, then add this sales page to an affiliate network like click bank and let their affiliates sell your e-book with a commission. if you cannot thro this process you can find other webmasters who already have their products on clickbank and contact them for help, they me charge you but they can do the work for you.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:44 PM

Amazon takes a chunk of your money. Not much but enough to be noticed. The upside is Amazon actively helps promote the books they sell.

The next lowest out of pocket costs with maximum money you keep for yourself is your own wordpress hosted domain ($8-12), PayPal account, zero out of pocket (I hate PayPal), Payloadz or similar to handle digital delivery, also zero out of pocket. Overall though you lose a chunk of your earnings.

Next is Clickbank. your own domain + $40 to Clickbank to get started. They handle digital delivery and refunds for you. You need some type of membership system though to protect your download directory. Clickbank doesn't offer that level of protection for you.

If the book is any good and has proven conversions some general things you can do are JV's, ezine ads, joint promotions, SEO, PPC.

Hopefully you've thought of a backend. Few ebooks are 'evergreen'. You should think of some way of monetizing beyond the sale of the initial ebook.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:51 PM

Try Amazon kindle, If you have your own website create couple of blogs about your book and extract few from it or you may create couple of links which would lead to details about your book, Use FB to let your friends know about it.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:48 AM

you can actually just get a paypal premier account and then signup with jvzoo.com, digiresults, payspree.com or paygear.com to start selling your complete ebook product without the needs to spend a dime on it.

The only thing you need to invest is a domain name and a hosting account.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:46 PM

Thanks kenbiz for the info. Each option using Paypal is likely to be fairly easy to setup w/o out of pocket expenses.

For thos who hate PayPal (or have problems using PayPal) these two options mentioned by kenbiz are probably the way to go:

* http://payspree.com/vendors.php supports AlertPay (now payza.com) and Moneybookers
http://www.paygear.com supports Google Checkout [and Authorize.net ]

Google checkout is free to setup but requires your own domain and hosting and valid ssl certificate ie costs money and time to get setup.
Authorize.net costs money to setup. $99 + $20 per month. Probably not a match for what the op is looking for. But maybe for others seeking to sell w/o dealing with PayPal.

* Moneybookers.com (supported by http://payspree.com) has no setup fees even for business accounts. And works with aMember. For those of us who use aMember along with Google Wallet/Checkout this is a nice fall back option to enable. I think I will signup for this one and keep in my shopping cart as a second option in case my SSL ever goes offline (my fault). Again.

Thanks again for the list.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:39 AM

To sell ebooks online, you can create a website or Amazon. Of course you need to create your own Paypal account because it makes selling things easier.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:53 PM

Definitely agree you should create your own website, then your next stop should be clickbank, ebooks is their specialty! I've never tried being a vendor, but I have partnered with them for some affiliate links and they are good at what they do. It will take a minute to figure out, but I think it's worth the time invested.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:02 AM

Did you have alook on Rockable ?

Sorry for my Second Post here, Just to Mention its an envato marketplace to sell ebooks

Last edited by snakeair; 09-01-2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: merged posts - use the edit feature

Old 09-01-2012, 01:24 PM

google adsense can be beneficial

Old 09-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrymz View Post
google adsense can be beneficial
This response does not help the thread creator out one bit. Please read the thread creators opening response and respond back with good advice.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:35 AM

Lightbulb Research

If you want to sell your E-book try to put some effort in searching where to sell your products.Did you try ebay or amazon?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum