Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Online Business Forum General online business related topics including ecommerce, customer related issues, home based business challenges & tips, etc.

Share |
Old 11-20-2012, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

10 ways to make your business more efficient

Here is something for the business owners to take in mind.

Quote:
If your business isnít running at top efficiency, youíre failing. In todayís world of instant access, social networking, and constant connection, working with inefficient systems and software could quickly lead to a series of micro-fractures that can bring your company to its knees. Though you may not see it happening at first, at some point the failure will become obvious.

To avoid this, your company must be working at peak efficiency. But when youíre already deeply embedded in your systems, software, and managerial practices, how can you retool your company for a more efficient environment? Here are 10 tips that can help.
Continued at: http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10t...n;river-newest

Any thoughts?

Feel free to add onto this.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 11:30 PM
Contributing Member

Unique content in website, regular presence in social networks, blogging etc. are few techniques which makes your business efficient. Visitors should find your site valuable. Also coupons and discounts in regular intervals helps.

Old 11-24-2012, 05:13 AM
Banned

Most people assume it is easy. They think "lets make an online business without investing any money".

Opening a physical store is much more easy and efficient, because you will have your relatives & friends supporting. You will have neighbours and people coming to help / sponsor you. And you have just one little local market to compete.

On the other hand, nobody will help you with you online shop because most of your relatives don't know what to buy online, and you have the whole planet's market to compete, instead of your local.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:07 AM
Contributing Member

retaining your existing customers and building reference marketing is also good way to get business. if planned properly, you may get 75% traffic and revenue from old clients it self.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Contributing Member

Nothing to add. I would just like to comment on this tip "If an employee has an idea for a more efficient way of handling a task, listen!"

As a business owner, listening to your employee's ideas and suggestions (employee engagement) can make your business better. It can help increase its productivity and revenue as well as lower turnover.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:22 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xubuntu69 View Post
On the other hand, nobody will help you with you online shop because most of your relatives don't know what to buy online, and you have the whole planet's market to compete, instead of your local.
That's a great point, and one that I hadn't considered before. However I guess this is somewhat replaced (perhaps even surpassed?) by the amount of communities just like this one online that are full of people helping each other out.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:44 AM

Anyone who has gone through the process of starting and running a business has plenty of stories worth sharing. So share your interesting story with others. Let them know who are you. This helps in starting and building a relationship.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:15 AM

I think too many offline businesses look at the internet as some puzzle box, or has wrong ideas of costs, work and what it can and cant do for the business. Like most small businesses I've ever been involved in, it was often a DIY project. I'm not saying business owners should start reading and coding, but you have to do some research and reading.

I haven't found too many people that call me up and are really looking to solve my problems, they are looking to sell me something. The business owner has to decide what they want the site to do (and with facts of whats possible and likely). I've had more people coming to me looking for something yesterday, SUPER cheap, and often times to "save" their business.

A website is going to take time and money, and you are going to have to learn a lot of things, or pay someone else to. The less you understand, the more likely that you are going to be sold a done. Educate yourself to some degree or someone else is going to charge you for your education and your website.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:27 AM

Quote:
10: If an employee has an idea for a more efficient way of handling a task, listen!
Im afraid my experience with this, is that everyday workers focus on the tiny problems in the business and completely ignore the big picture.

One company I was helping, could not get quotes out fast enough so customers were going elsewhere and orders were dropping. When I looked at what the sales team were doing, they were spending 10 mins on each quote tidying it up adding extra white space and just making it look nice (the system automatically created word document quotes.) Which it did almost instantly.

So they wanted their quotes to look perfect, but the result was not enough quotes went out and they ended up having redundancies. But the quotes looked really nice!

Old 01-28-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RashmiP View Post
Unique content in website, regular presence in social networks, blogging etc. are few techniques which makes your business efficient. Visitors should find your site valuable. Also coupons and discounts in regular intervals helps.
In my experience these methods are huge in achieving success.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:44 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seolyka2 View Post
Nothing to add. I would just like to comment on this tip "If an employee has an idea for a more efficient way of handling a task, listen!"

As a business owner, listening to your employee's ideas and suggestions (employee engagement) can make your business better. It can help increase its productivity and revenue as well as lower turnover.
I totally agree with this!

In my previous job the company was relying on one single source of income - one single client. I suggested we expand and attract other clients and rebrand ourselves. All my suggestions were always shot down instantly. 6 months later, I am now unemployed and the company has gone under.

Now I want to start my own business, listening to others who are in or around the business will be something I never fail to do.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum