Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Online Business Forum General online business related topics including ecommerce, customer related issues, home based business challenges & tips, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 01-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Do you run multiple sites at the same time?

I know many marketers run multiple sites at the same time. I'm very curious that, for those people who have multiple sites, do you get one site settled (meaning the site is giving you the desired results in traffic, revenue, members, etc.) before you go on to build the next one, or do you simply diversify your time to run multiple sites from scratch?

Thanks,
Kevin

http://www.facebook.com/onlinebusiness101

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I run one site but to what I have seen now and learnt, I can run more than one site at ago

Old 01-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugwande View Post
I run one site but to what I have seen now and learnt, I can run more than one site at ago
Can you be more specific, what you have learned in order to run multiple sites?

Old 01-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

At the same damn time lol?! Nah man, well I asked my friend and he said that he does about 1 or 2 sites a day depending on the work. It just takes a lot of work, I would generally just outsource all of that.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhuang View Post
I know many marketers run multiple sites at the same time. I'm very curious that, for those people who have multiple sites, do you get one site settled (meaning the site is giving you the desired results in traffic, revenue, members, etc.) before you go on to build the next one, or do you simply diversify your time to run multiple sites from scratch?

Thanks,
Kevin
I have 3 domains and right now only running 1 site as it's my pride and joy.

I was getting my results till Google slapped me while I was working 2 jobs and slacked off on my blog. I since then fixed every issue but it's a waiting game with Google to see If i can get my number 1 rankings back.

I do so much behind the seens stuff on my blog that I actually don't have time to get another one going on 1 of my other domain's. Remember, I live on this forum as well. lol

Old 01-09-2013, 11:23 PM
Latest Blog:
None

nope, only 1 site has been keeping me busy enough

Old 01-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
The Avengers

It's really hard to do that. I usually focus on 1 site first and when all things are done, then I shift to others

Old 01-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Latest Blog:
None

2 sites, however, my main site takes up most of my time.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:43 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I have 3 main sites, but run more sites where I make tests for different contents, techniques.
that way when I try something new, one of the other sites is used, and if results are good, then I replicate it on the main sites.
However, it's better for me to work on growing my sites than creating new sites that I can't manage correctly.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:43 AM
Banned

I use more than one website at the same time because i use the reference from many sites when i work on my project that's why i use the more sites at the same time.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:46 AM

After getting good traffic from one site you can start running other site its not a big deal.

I run more than one site to get good earnings.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:00 PM
Banned

It is very hard to that......

Old 01-17-2013, 02:09 AM

I am doing several at the same time. Sometimes I spend a whole day on one, then I can leave that for a little while and focus on another.

It also depends on if you are working / studying at the same time and how much time you can spend working on the sites.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:53 PM

i am running 2 sites, but focus on 1. better be pro in one i guess than having to much site but you are not maximal on it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Street Team View Post
At the same damn time lol?! Nah man, well I asked my friend and he said that he does about 1 or 2 sites a day depending on the work. It just takes a lot of work, I would generally just outsource all of that.
perhaps time will show that multitasking for make the site is easier. hopefully soon can done 3 or 4 site in a month..

Last edited by snakeair; 01-19-2013 at 07:04 PM. Reason: merged posts

Old 01-19-2013, 08:54 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

I started my first site out in the tourism niche and it did quite well. Once after I spent a year or so perfecting it I created a formula to hire writers in destination cities to make travel guides. I washed, rinsed and repeated that formula about 8 times and now have a nice little collection of travel sites.

However, I got distracted, while I was building those sites I noticed a few interesting trends. I quickly finished off those sites and then pursued a hunch I had. And now, several years later I'm pursuing that one hunch full time for it has turned out to be all consuming.

Meanwhile, all those travel sites I made need some housekeeping. I get around to things here and there with them, but they need some serious updating. I figure I'll either get rid of them or hire someone to fix them up for me.

But more to your point, it can be difficult managing multiple and an ever expanding group of websites. I guess you can say I have abandoned the multiple website path and chose instead to go down the bigger single website road.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:51 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Thumbs up

Quote:

Thanks,
Kevin

It is possible to run multiple sites together and more thing is that about 15% people get success in their business.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:47 AM
Banned

I one is enough for one time.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:02 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I currently just have the 1 site, but it's really kicked off and has a very stable amount of traffic which is consistent day by day.

I'm thinking about starting another site, but I think it's important to keep a good eye on your previous site and it's rankings rather than just 'leaving it to it'.

You don't want to lose all your work, it's probably better to start a new site after your pretty happy with the one you already have, if you find yourself still spending a lot of time on your #1 site, it's probably better to stick to it for a bit longer.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:50 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

If I were to run multiple sites, I would make them all related. This means they are all from the same niche. For example, my niche is teaching people how to make money from affiliate programs. If I were to run multiple sites, I would make one for newbies with general info, one for people a little more experienced with some key techniques, and one for advanced marketers who have validated marketing formula and just need more resources on good affiliate programs they can join. At the end of the day, I can make all three sites share links.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:51 AM

Quote:
If I were to run multiple sites, I would make them all related. This means they are all from the same niche. For example, my niche is teaching people how to make money from affiliate programs. If I were to run multiple sites, I would make one for newbies with general info, one for people a little more experienced with some key techniques, and one for advanced marketers who have validated marketing formula and just need more resources on good affiliate programs they can join. At the end of the day, I can make all three sites share links.
That sounds pointless to me. Its a bit like HMV having a DVD shop for children, one for teenagers, and one for adults. Too many eggs in one basket as they say. Diluting your brand and traffic.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum