Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Online Business Forum General online business related topics including ecommerce, customer related issues, home based business challenges & tips, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-13-2013, 12:36 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertholdings View Post
i think if you're not sure, an online business would be best. offlline will likely take a large amount of capitol, where online is much smaller amount to start. you can also get away with doing it on your own with online, but may need employees with offline giving you that much more to learn.
Online business include shipping problems like users bad experience towards your shipping services or site and this will create a bad impressions on overall online look of my business.
https://twitter.com/AshleyFoley77

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 02:51 AM
Latest Blog:
None

It depends with what you are planning to start. If you have a lot of experience in online business why do not you go for it.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:41 AM

Well, depends on what you have available. If you could give a more detailed list of your resources. The finance, expertise, market, audience, location etc. A lot of things are involved in this. However if you are doing well, I think you should go for both. Would be the best. Nothing like it.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
The Avengers

Depends on what your business will be, what your product or service is. Determine what your business goal is, or what are you going to sell in your store first then by that you can have an idea what type of store to put up.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:32 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Both businesses are good online and offline. Its all depend on your interest and type of business that you want to to start. But according to me online business is more profitable and easy as compared to offline business.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:31 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

i think it depends on the owner how they are going to handle the business. choose what you prefer the most then go for it. the final decision is yours, just follow your heart!

Old 05-30-2013, 11:36 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Online business and offline business both are different. offline business is more difficult than online business.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:18 AM
Contributing Member

You need to be there where your potential customers can search the product or service you offer. 80% of internet users before purchase searching the product in internet, so it's logic to use this resource as well.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:55 AM
Contributing Member

Both are good, and both will give you profits if you maintain it smoothly. It is easy to do business in offline store but in online store, it is not so easy. For which you need to create a good brand for your products or shop, then you can maximize it. Without reputation, you can't do more business.

Are you looking for SEO Leads for your Business? Buy Exclusive SEO Leads @ Affordable Cost!

Old 06-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoley77 View Post
Hello Everyone here,
I want to know that which business would be best to start and profitable?an online business store or an offline store? Kindly give your suggestions...
Of course, both can be profitable. Profitability doesn't depend on online or offline type of business.

It would be much more useful for you to just start some business, either on or offline, or just continue what you know best.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

You also have to think that most of the off-line businesses are taking help of online marketing and promotion! So you can run a business which gives you much flexibility in term of promotion!

Old 07-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Contributing Member

Hi afoley77,

In addition to what the previous posters have written, what I might contribute is to perhaps consider the following:

1) What type of business are you trying to set up?
As mentioned by happyno2, a bar, for example, would not be possible online.
Offline and online businesses both have various strengths and limitations, and are more suited for different types of businesses.
A few simple pros and cons of each are:
Offline - Pros:
-Physical products that people can interact with: e.g. trying on clothes, to see if they match.
-Benefits from human traffic, through walk-ins, passing by. If your store is along a street, or in a mall, customers who might have not been initially interested in your store might pass by your store and decide to take a look, as compared to an online store.
Offline - Cons:
-Having to pay up front to rent a store, renovate the interior (or even exterior), hire staff to tend to your store, paying for utilities, such as electricity, telephone and internet.
-Your store will not be accessed by potential customers who are not in your store's physical vicinity.
Online - Pros:
-Open 24h
-Accessible globally
-Cost of starting up a web store is relatively much cheaper than having a physical store
Online - Cons:
-Have to focus a lot more effort on advertising, since you do not have a physical store to attract passers-by.
-Postage can be expensive
-Customers unable to try out your goods.

2) What is your starting capital, or how much are you willing to fork out right at the start?
Mentioned earlier, an offline business requires you to pay for several things before you even begin to sell anything (rental, renovation, staff hiring, etc.).

As for online businesses, you do not have to pay for the renting of shop space, and the cost of renting a domain is much cheaper. You also need not hire staff to run your shop, except only web designers to maintain the site occasionally.

Online stores depend on online traffic through word-of-mouth, advertising, and can be accessed by anyone with an internet connection. Offline stores depend on word-of-mouth and advertising as well, but it is location specific, meaning that if you have your store in a secluded location, the rent might be cheaper, but the human traffic will also be low. Locations with high human traffic will tend to charge higher for rent.

Whichever you choose to go for, all the best in your business!

Old 07-04-2013, 06:33 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

From my point of view, Online business is more beneficial than offline store. Nowadays people prefer to buy things online as it saves lot of time. Trend of buying clothes, books, electronics and many other things are increasing day by day. So I prefer to open online store.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:15 AM
Latest Blog:
None

If you have warehouse or good place to store goods, you can start with offline business. But if space is question, mostly with big machinery or large objects, I prefer selling directly from manufacturer to clients.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:11 AM
Contributing Member

Actually it depends from your budget. If it's not big you can start from online, as it need minimum of investment !!!

Old 07-18-2013, 01:41 PM

Talk about a loaded question! There are a ton of things to consider: what service/product are you selling? How much do you have to spend on initial costs? Are there physical locations available? For me, choosing to operating solely online had more to do with my product being something people we/are willing to purchase without touching/holding in their hands. Good luck on the decision!

Old 07-19-2013, 03:31 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I would suggest you to start your business with online business first since it doesn't cost you alot of funds to get start started, but always do it with whatever you are interested in.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:11 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoley77 View Post
Hello Everyone here,
I want to know that which business would be best to start and profitable?an online business store or an offline store? Kindly give your suggestions...
online business is the best to start a business. now a day's 97% of consumers use online media
  • 90% use a search engine
  • 48% use the online Yellow Pages
  • 42% use comparison shopping websites
Finally i suggest online is the batter options to start your business

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 07-24-2013 at 01:29 AM. Reason: merge dup post

Old 07-24-2013, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by spygovind View Post
online business is the best to start a business. now a day's 97% of consumers use online media
  • 90% use a search engine
  • 48% use the online Yellow Pages
  • 42% use comparison shopping websites
Finally i suggest online is the batter options to start your business
Where did you get these stat's and did you just copy and paste them?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum