Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Online Business Forum General online business related topics including ecommerce, customer related issues, home based business challenges & tips, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 08-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

10 things you should keep to yourself at the office

All 10 of these happen every week at my work. There is a time when to say things and times when you need to keep your mouth shut and do your job.

Quote:
Discretion is the better part of professionalism. Here are a few unwritten rules to keep you from getting in hot water at work.

"When in Rome..." is a common phrase people toss off to excuse a behavior. But "When in the office," your behavior could easily get you ostracized or fired (or both). While most companies have plenty of rules to follow it's the unwritten rules that can often cause the most trouble.

One such unwritten rule is that there are certain things you shouldn't share/spread/do at work. Here are 10 of them. Some are quite obvious; some are not. Some could get you into serious trouble; some only get the finger of shame pointed your way. See how many of these rules you have broken.
Continued at: http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10-...at-the-office/

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

well well, it happens at all work places. excellent points and it helps a lot for those who join some company straight out of college.

particularly I like this point "There is a time when to say things and times when you need to keep your mouth shut and do your job."

Old 09-03-2013, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLeeOnline View Post
well well, it happens at all work places. excellent points and it helps a lot for those who join some company straight out of college.

particularly I like this point "There is a time when to say things and times when you need to keep your mouth shut and do your job."
That saying is so true. I tell my tech's this. The time when you open your mouth is the time you should of kept your mouth shut when the boss is around. Some of my tech's use foul language and you need to pick your spots when you use that. The big boss don't like that. I'm ok with it.

The boss's don't like to hear people compain about the work they do or complain about how the manager runs things. Just puts you on thin ice and in the hot seat.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum