Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Online Business Forum General online business related topics including ecommerce, customer related issues, home based business challenges & tips, etc.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 02-24-2016, 08:13 AM
Contributing Member

What types of products sell well online?

Any ideas?
Regards

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-24-2016, 08:36 AM
Contributing Member

Beauty products such as anti aging, make ups, food supplement..

Some women are insecure to their body and beauty.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:34 PM
Banned

Pick niche products that are hard to find locally, and you'll be able to get in front of the vast majority of your customers as they search online.

Old 02-25-2016, 01:07 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anneconque View Post
Beauty products such as anti aging, make ups, food supplement..

Some women are insecure to their body and beauty.
This market is very saturated
So hard to sell, right?
Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyncook View Post
Pick niche products that are hard to find locally, and you'll be able to get in front of the vast majority of your customers as they search online.
Hi. How to find a good niche?
Any method used to find?
Regards.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:20 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeNRic View Post
This market is very saturated
So hard to sell, right?
Regards.
Well off course those niche has a high competition because they're in demand in the market specially women...

Start in your country..research or make a survey, what product they want to get but its hard to find..

3 years ago, I discovered this product that nobody was selling in our local market. I search where can I buy in online(local) but no one..I read in local forums and blog comments asking where to find the product.. So those comments gave me the idea what to sell online..I ordered those items in UK and sell it online.

I decided to buy 6 items to test if this was really in demand and it was sold out in just one day...My ROI was 50%...

Research in your area, local forums, and local blogs. ;-)

Last edited by anneconque; 02-25-2016 at 07:25 PM.

Old 02-27-2016, 03:44 AM

Get a head start, with this informative guide that lists all the types of products that are selling and in demand (copy and paste the link below)
s3.amazonaws.com/ecomempire/ProductTypesYouCanSell-ecom+pages.pdf

Old 02-29-2016, 08:45 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx.97 View Post
Get a head start, with this informative guide that lists all the types of products that are selling and in demand (copy and paste the link below)
s3.amazonaws.com/ecomempire/ProductTypesYouCanSell-ecom+pages.pdf
I don't think I can get high profit from these..

People will not always buy calendar, belts, socks

Old 02-29-2016, 10:06 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Any ideas?
Regards
IN India as far as I know Mobile and other electronic items like pendrive, headphones, earphone, hardisk, sells more than anything including the clothes.

Most is Mobile I think so.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:43 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Any ideas?
In regards to your question, not too long ago Wordstream wrote a nice article called:

"The 20 Most Expensive Keywords in Google AdWords"

http://www.wordstream.com/articles/m...nsive-keywords

In short it shows what are the highest cost keywords. Although the infographic does NOT "exactly translate" to what products sell well online, nevertheless it does shed light on what a lot of people are searching for online and what terms and keywords many businesses are trying to target.

To finalize, if so many companies are competing and throwing a lot of money at Google Adwords for these respective keywords, it must have something to to do, to a reasonable degree, with the success of selling these services and products online.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:29 AM
Banned

Fashion, beauty, accessories products, food supplement, food ordering based website and even online books and ebooks sells much more.

Old 03-03-2016, 05:44 AM
Contributing Member

Why don't you try selling lingerie. I have read that most women are embarrassed to purchase in India as sales person are males.

Just try it, I think it will succeed.

Old 03-08-2016, 12:23 AM

i think most info and digital products sell very well online. products that typically help an internet marketer to get things done more efficiently and productively.

some daily work such as article spinning and submission to article directories takes up alot of time. the use of a software, VA, etc certainly helps.

educational products related to internet marketing training also sells extremely well. most online business nowadays are focused on digital instead of traditional forms. everything is about reducing cost, labour and resources.

Old 03-09-2016, 04:33 PM

Well, it depends. What stuff sells well online and what stuff you can sell can be two different things.

For example, I know that selling jewelry is profitable, even online. But I have no idea how to sell jewelry, so it wouldn't be good for me to even try.

Also, I don't really believe in saturation, only in competition. The big hitters make money in the most competitive niches/markets. What are they doing differently? Well, they're good at marketing.

Anyway, what I recommend is try to sell something you know about. Maybe you have a gardening hobby and could sell tools, or maybe you like travelling and could sign up to promote hotels and whatnot. It would be much more profitable, I think, than trying to sell things that you don't know much about and don't really like, but are profitable in general.

Now, if you could sell things that are both profitable and know about/like to sell, it would be even better.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:58 AM

Products for Females.
Women keep the economy going with their shopping addictions

Old 03-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Stavrou View Post
Women keep the economy going with their shopping addictions
I know some men that are shopping addicts.

Old 03-11-2016, 12:23 AM

weight lose niche is another you can consider. but it is very very competitive to penetrate.

check out clickbank, know what you are interested in selling then search under the many variety of category of products and refine your search using gravity, avg% per sale, initial$/sale, etc to help you determin which are the products to target.

Old 03-11-2016, 02:35 AM
Banned

I think the questions is a bit odd. The thread has been created with no specific in mind. OP you will need to stick with 1 niche and only focus unless and until you have success with it.

Old 03-11-2016, 04:22 PM
Contributing Member

That's the beauty of the web ... because of the worldwide reach and the huge number of people online, virtually any product line you can think of is viable.

I read the story of a woman once who was making 5-figures per month selling bird cages of all things.

So maybe the question should be, "What am I interested in selling?" If you go with a niche you have interest in, it would be simple to add a blog for supplemental information on the products (and additional reasons to buy).

Old 03-12-2016, 07:51 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizen11 View Post
That's the beauty of the web ... because of the worldwide reach and the huge number of people online, virtually any product line you can think of is viable.

I read the story of a woman once who was making 5-figures per month selling bird cages of all things.

So maybe the question should be, "What am I interested in selling?" If you go with a niche you have interest in, it would be simple to add a blog for supplemental information on the products (and additional reasons to buy).

Agreed that it depends on the interest.

I have a friend who is passionate in dancing. She is a busy person and no time going to mall just to buy for a pair of shoes.

So what she did was she made her own shop online and now she's making six figures.

Old 03-12-2016, 12:31 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anneconque View Post
Agreed that it depends on the interest.

I have a friend who is passionate in dancing. She is a busy person and no time going to mall just to buy for a pair of shoes.

So what she did was she made her own shop online and now she's making six figures.
That's fantastic! Great example of how the web allows you to follow your passion and profit from it nicely. A true win/win ...

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Closed Thread