Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Online Business Forum General online business related topics including ecommerce, customer related issues, home based business challenges & tips, etc.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 07-27-2016, 01:13 AM
Contributing Member

Why online shopping so popular now??

Hi guys what do u think?? whats the major reason behind this??

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-27-2016, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

There are thousands of reasons why. One could be very sick to the point they could no longer be able to drive a car. Buying online and getting it shipped is the only way.

No time during the week or weekend to buy stuff as you got a full time job, kids and other obligations to tend to. Going online just before bed to shop is your only way to buy certain things.

Around the Holidays, everyone hates driving in the traffic...etc...

Old 07-28-2016, 12:42 AM
Contributing Member

Hi,

You don't see big brand shops in smaller cities and villages. A guy from smaller city or a village can easily buy a branded cloth, electric gadget, shoe online and feel good about it.

Plus, you can get a product at quite a reasonable price.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:40 AM

People also shop online because it offers unique things that you cannot necessarily get in the actual stores. Many retail companies have promotions that they only sell online. Also many small businesses or private owned brands sell online because it is cheaper than dealing with costs like inventory which physical stores have to deal with.

Old 07-28-2016, 02:15 PM
Contributing Member

I live in an area that has plenty of places to shop. But... I still do the vast majority of my shopping online for many reasons. Here are a few. Others may be like me.

1. I don't enjoy shopping in a store.
2. I prefer to spend my time on the beach.
3. I can comparison shop and get the best deal a lot quicker and easier.
4. Shopping online is faster.

I could go on and on but I think the above gives a pretty good idea.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:42 PM

Same sentiments as most posters.

Say I'm at work and need some office supplies. We now have Amazon Prime Local or whatever its' called and I can get stuff some day, usually within a couple of hours.

Same at home, when I need some basic grocery items or soft drinks. They've even partnered with a local store so that I can get beer.

Why leave the house and what I'm either doing or working on when someone else is willing to do it?

Old 07-29-2016, 08:18 PM
Contributing Member

Online shopping relieves stress, saves time and money and energy. the only issue here is that one can get spammed and lose his hard-earned money though strong security measures has been put in place to avoid such ugly occurrences btu it still happens. Despite that, the positives and benefits outweighs the negative side of ti hence its popularity of use among the populace of the world.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:40 PM
Contributing Member

Lot of reasons to buy online, few may be people not interested to go to store and round round about products and knowing about it purchasing making so much time to spent om it.
advantage of online is people can check prices in diff stores at a time and check their specifications and requirement freely and if doesn't want that no bother to left that site and go on. In a store some keep on forcing to buy that So annoying.
3.Simply returns and came to home directly these are some of the reasons that online shopping increasing...

Old 08-03-2016, 10:55 PM

online business will take over offline in coming years
its already happening with so many niche

Old 08-05-2016, 12:15 AM

No Time

Because In india Every one Busy on there Work . that the important reason . Online shopping in grow Up . second

Old 08-10-2016, 01:59 PM
v7n Mentor

In regards to the opening thread, although I personally from time to time do like the experience of shopping in a store, generally though I do a good portion of my shopping online. One of the reason why is that many stores offer better discounts if you shop on their website by saying "Online Only" or "Online Pricing".

Another reason is because there is no pressure (besides a date deadline) from a sales rep. Often times I do not want to be pressured to buy something and yes, I do base my decision on what my wife sometimes says. Lastly as someone else already mentioned, shopping online is way more efficient and faster.

Old 08-10-2016, 03:14 PM
Contributing Member

For now, Shopping online can save time and money and minimizing risks. But, still. You would highly deciding to go to the real offline store when you really need to try the product first, such as clothing, shoes and so on. However online store marketers have given the solution for that. They make a fair solution by offering free shipping when the product you bought is not as you wish or not as what mentioned on the product details. It has proven that offering free shipping method for returning the unexpected product can boost sales increase at 370%, because visitors would think that the online store is a good place to shop online.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:48 PM
Contributing Member

It offers more savings when it comes to time and money. Here is a vivid example. There is a store nearby, it sells Peakimmune4, an immune supplement, for $54. I buy it online for $34.

Old 08-23-2016, 11:01 PM

you can buy anythings for the online shopping and easy to return the money

Old 08-23-2016, 11:37 PM
Contributing Member

Good question. Online shopping is 'in' nowadays because you can buy anything that you want at the touch of a button. No standing in lines just to pay for the item you want, no tiresome walks and endless searches. All you need is click and scroll and you'll be able to buy the stuff that you want and it will be delivered straight into your doorstep...

Old 08-24-2016, 05:14 AM
Contributing Member

Online shopping saves time and money. Further it eases the physical hardship to go to the shops.

Old 08-24-2016, 05:27 AM
Super Moderator

Selection, convenience, comparison and in stock.

Let's take a look at an experience of mine from this past Sunday. I wanted to buy an electric skillet. I wanted it that day. I reviwed all the Sunday ads and none were on sale. I went to Wal-Mart after checking their website.

At store 1 they sold 3 two of which were out of stock on the shelves. The only employee I could find did not work in that department, could not check the back stock and did not offer to find someone who could help me.

At Wal-Mart 2 they did not even seem to sell electric skillets and I never saw an employee on the floor.

I came home and shopped online where I found a wealth of models, price points and clear indications of stock levels.

Old 08-28-2016, 07:15 AM

Main reason is internet available everywhere, people can access everytime even they are in toilet or on bed.
Advertise policy of social net work like Facebook, Google... make people easy to see product they need...

Old 08-30-2016, 02:05 AM

People have no time for shopping in their busy schedule. So they are comfort with online shopping. Online shopping is time consuming, there is no stress to go a particular place, you can access it from anywhere, you have all items with latest designs, there are an option to compare product according to price, quality and other extra features.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:34 AM
Contributing Member

There are so many advantages by online shopping. Some of them are
1. No need to travel any where for shopping. We can sit at home and do shopping.
2. time saving
3. cash on delivery available.
4. We can return the product if we dont like it.
5. we can compare prices and products online.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Closed Thread