Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Online Business Forum General online business related topics including ecommerce, customer related issues, home based business challenges & tips, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-30-2016, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Creating Your Company Using $0

A good read for some people.

Quote:
If someone told you that your startup could cost you nothing to get off the ground, you would think it was a joke. It may sound impossible, but it truly isnít with careful planning, a pinch of talent, and a lot of hard work.
Many entrepreneurs launch startups without spending a dime on the foundation of their business, using a little insider knowledge and elbow grease.

You can join the league of business owners who built their companies starting from scratch by following these four tips.

Believe In A Zero-dollar Investment

Just because you have no money to invest in your company doesnít mean itís a lost cause.

When you believe in your idea, you can make it work with a zero-dollar investment if you have the confidence and willpower to put in all the work it will need. There are many free tools for the eager entrepreneur if you know where to look, and that includes the tools to build your website and market your product.
Continued at: http://www.searchenginepeople.com/bl...r-startup.html

Any feedback on this blog post?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-01-2016, 05:18 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Dell desktop computer cost $400

Old 10-01-2016, 08:50 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACHmoran View Post
Dell desktop computer cost $400
Public libraries have computers with internet access available for use for free. While that's certainly not the best way to get started, it can get you off the ground at zero cost.

[added]
Since you'll need to spend a few dollars for a USB memory stick, even that solution isn't really zero cost.

[added 2]
To avoid spending those few dollars, you can skip buying a USB stick and save your work to a free Dropbox account.

Last edited by Bob Barr; 10-01-2016 at 08:54 AM.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:46 AM

Interesting, but I think a minimum investment is needed, a computer, an internet connection, hosting, just to get started.

Old 10-03-2016, 02:35 PM
Contributing Member

I think no real business without any investment, specifically when you intend to create long-run business,

Still being said that yes you can make money without any capital but not building successful business that makes you money over and over.

Old 11-01-2016, 02:20 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Ridiculous idea in my opinion...

Why trying to reinvent the wheel? Why suggesting something which just isn't true, and never will be?

EVERYTHING in life requires an investment. And there is no such thing such as starting a business with $0. Why? Because time is money. Every minute, every hour, is a COST for you. It's a cost for me. It's a cost for everyone.

Economists call it opportunity cost. While trying to prove to the world that you can do something with 0$, you could be working anything and earning some minimal wage, so that is your opportunity cost. It is never 0$.

Writing this very reply costs me money. Yes, it takes some time to do it, and it is not $0.

I believe if we perceive all our actions as future investments in ourselves and our lives, we'd be much better decision makers.

Everything in life requires an investment. Love requires an investment. Health requires an investment. Business requires an investment. Period.

Creating Your Company Using $0 is a misleading title in my opinion. It would constitute a great copy headline, and it certainly works good from a copywriting perspective, but not in the real world.

Sorry to disagree and dislike the idea, but I don't believe in a zero dollar investment.

Mr.Who

Old 11-06-2016, 05:38 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

The content is interesting enough. Although, I'm a bit skeptical with the fact that you can start up a company at no cost. Of course, you have to spend at least a minimum amount just to get things started. Even if you have to do this online, you also have to take care of the electric bills which is also a part of the cost if you are going to create a online business at the comforts of your own home...

Old 11-06-2016, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

You still have to registered the company as a legit business where you live. lol

Old 11-09-2016, 03:01 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

You need money to start anything investing money will help you to gain money..

Old 11-09-2016, 08:45 AM

I totally Agree! To be successful in the Online world, it takes time, hard work and a lot on consistency. That right there is an investment. It is impossible to start your own business without a domain. and that by itself is an investment. a small one, probably about 10 dollars a year but an investment never-the less..

Old 11-09-2016, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

My view is..

A small investment is a must to start a business..

Register your company name as a legit business.
Talk to a lawyer about your business and have him or her creating your disclaimer, TOS or private policy... maybe refund policy as well. You want to be sure everything is explained according to the law in your state/country. Don't want to get a letter to go into court. Plus is something does a negative review online and they are wrong because your policy page proves it, you can respond with a link to the policy outlining that "Did you read this"?

I ran into something similar to this because I didn't read the fine print. I made things right after I was caught in the wrong. Never happened to me ever again.

Domain costs
web hosting costs
graphic design costs (don't you need a logo for branding purpose and your business's identity?

Old 11-09-2016, 08:00 PM

I'd like to share what I read before. "If you don't have enough money, invest your time."

This is applicable to those online businesses that sell digital products.

If your aim at first is to earn money before you expand your business, here's how you can start without spending a single cent:

1. Create a FREE website from sites like wordpress.com. (Since your goal is NOT to spend any amount, you cannot create your own professional website as of this time. So, your only choice is to create a free website.)

2. Create your OWN digital product like E-books (containing valuable content), Video Courses, Audio Books, Recorded Webinars, etc. - which you can all create using only your computer, phone's camera, phone's mic, and a free video-editing software. (You have to be resourceful if you know you still can't afford to spend too much money for your business.)

3. Create a PayPal account (which is free) and link it to your wordpress website.

4. Set-up a download page thru wordpress. Create a link where your clients could click to download your digital products.

5. Set your PayPal account to redirect your clients to your download page after a successful purchase.

6. Market your website/blog for FREE thru Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, etc.

And voila! You have a started a business and may start earning without spending a single cent!

Once you start earning, it is only then you would start spending to buy a domain name and pay for online advertisements to generate more leads to your website.

Old 11-17-2016, 01:33 AM

I don't believe. What can you do while you don't have any money

Old 11-17-2016, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by havelovea17 View Post
I don't believe. What can you do while you don't have any money
If you create a business plan on paper and do all the research and have a plan to pay back a business load, go get a business loan to start an online business.

This takes a lot of planning on paper to make your case to get a load for a business that can be successful or fail but either way, you need to pay back the business loan.

Old 12-14-2016, 01:35 AM

i don't think that a business can start with only zero
But to avoid spending those few dollars, you can skip buying a USB stick and save your work to a free Dropbox account.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:44 AM

I think no real business or even start without any investments

Old 02-06-2017, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by basratransport View Post
I think no real business or even start without any investments
Any thoughts on the blog post?

Old 02-08-2017, 11:12 PM

"the form of using a service-based business to fund a product-based business" - that seems reasonable to me. You could advertise on fiverr right now, that you'll do an hour's worth of work for $5. You'd have a business up and running in no time, with technically 0 cost.

Otherwise this is an article about fundraising.

Old 02-16-2017, 06:24 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Well, it depends on the nature of the business, and probably the "investability" of the idea. I have no word to describe it, but if it's worth investing that it will raise a significant amount of money from kickstarter, then we're talking.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:01 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

it can be done

1: must have something to use when you start a business

but that could be something you already have - your garage workshop, the computer and internet connection you already have, maybe just pencil and paper or your own body

2: must develop concept or product to a stage that either gets invested money to continue OR can be marketed to initiate a cash intake

at some point expense will happen - but a yard care business could begin using yard owners equipment (labor only) and move up to buying your own equipment using money taken in

note about business licenses - where I live no business license required if doing business under your own full name (other licenses may be needed depending on nature of business - full name means first and last name as in John Smith Plumbing vs Smith Plumbing)

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum