Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Online Business Forum General online business related topics including ecommerce, customer related issues, home based business challenges & tips, etc.

Share |
Old 12-11-2016, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

5 Smartest Strategies You Can Use To Turn Website Visitors Into Customers

These are basic things but yet not so many people practice them and master them. Comments on the blog post is welcomed.

Quote:
Whatís the one thing that all successful websites have in common?

You guessed it, they know how to turn their website visitors into buyers. Ramit Sethi, Tim Ferriss, Seth Godin, Pat Flynn Ė they all know how to sell without sounding like an idiot.

If you want to build a successful blog, you need to learn how to convert your website visitors into repeat customers. Without converting your visitors, thereís no use of increase your website traffic.

If you are planning to launch a new online business or thinking to grow your conversion rates, Iíve 5 smart tactics for you that you can use to skyrocket your website sales.

Letís dive into the details without much ado.
Continued at: http://www.bloggingtips.com/2016/12/...s-into-buyers/

Any feedback?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-12-2016, 08:18 AM
Contributing Member

Well if we are running a e-commerce website, what would be the best ideas for getting traffic or getting customers other than SEO and SMM?

Old 12-12-2016, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaapojed View Post
Well if we are running a e-commerce website, what would be the best ideas for getting traffic or getting customers other than SEO and SMM?
Do you have any thoughts on the blog post though?

Did you read it yet?

Old 12-13-2016, 11:01 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Do you have any thoughts on the blog post though?

Did you read it yet?
Yes I had. It is all about doing digital marketing like doing email marketing, social media management.. yes it does help in digital marketing and getting traffic.
But what I am asking is how to get genuine customers for e-commerce website? Digital marketing is all I have to do or there are any other methods?

Old 01-15-2017, 11:39 AM
Contributing Member

It's getting more and more difficult to do it in a reasonable time frame without using paid advertising. Just like Google planned it!

Old 01-15-2017, 02:24 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHandCol View Post
It's getting more and more difficult to do it in a reasonable time frame without using paid advertising. Just like Google planned it!
Define "reasonable time frame".

Business takes time, if you are in a rush you will usually fail.

Give me 3 months and usually any site I'm working on has many pages ranking well, which in turn leads to sales/leads or whatever it is my client (or me!) wants.

Don't fall for the paid ads route, as that's what Google wants. If everyone stuck to their guns and learnt what they were doing Google wouldn't have such a stranglehold would it? Google will sooner or later ostracise enough people to go to other browsers, I'm personally sick of the top and tails adverts, at least when they were down the right hand side you could ignore them.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:50 AM
Contributing Member

Agree with the 5 points & want to add something to it. #2 & #5 are related. Teaching creates awareness, which can be built upon to take a user to action. Remarketing is very important in this regard. No one buys after seeing a promotion for the first time. You need to make your presence felt a few times before that can happen, especially if you're a relatively unknown brand.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:47 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguar View Post
No one buys after seeing a promotion for the first time.
They do....I track my sales/customers and I have unique visitors that become paying customers.

I also give discounts for filling out questionnaires, therefore I can gain a further understanding of my customers behaviour and my acquisition of them. Many have been driven to my sites through promos, and then they use feedback and reviews on site to validate their decision to buy from me.

I do agree with your sentiment though, its just unwise to use such definite words and phrases such as 'no one'.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:41 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woomeister View Post
They do....I track my sales/customers and I have unique visitors that become paying customers.

I also give discounts for filling out questionnaires, therefore I can gain a further understanding of my customers behaviour and my acquisition of them. Many have been driven to my sites through promos, and then they use feedback and reviews on site to validate their decision to buy from me.

I do agree with your sentiment though, its just unwise to use such definite words and phrases such as 'no one'.
Good for you! Most companies I have promoted for are in a VC funded war of madness with other similar companies. Everyone's trying to one-up the other through discounts, specials, schemes etc. Hence in my case, literally no one buys after seeing a promotion for the first time. They are too spoilt for choice & will check out a dozen other options before buying!

Old 04-01-2017, 02:49 AM

i read your blog post and i must say that email marketing works best for any online marketing campaign.

Old 04-01-2017, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav05 View Post
i read your blog post and i must say that email marketing works best for any online marketing campaign.
Which strategy are you using and what changes are you going to make?

Old 04-12-2017, 07:05 PM
Contributing Member

#2: Teach first, then sell. That is actually what we focused on this past year with my wife's blog and the autoresponder. She sends out a 7 email e-course that has videos and lessons that has done wonders for us. Most people reach out to her once it's completed and she doesn't have to really sell. She just answers their questions. It's a goal to script something similar for my blog. It's a different niche within the same industry. I just need to plan it out, make it interesting (even though it's a boring topic), and teach through the autoresponder.

Thanks for the link to the blog post.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum