Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Online Business Forum General online business related topics including ecommerce, customer related issues, home based business challenges & tips, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 05-29-2017, 09:29 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizsort View Post
like the time you spend for binge watching your favorite show
I used to do that before I found enough clients to keep me busy . It's easy to take the moral high ground and say you shouldn't do it, but it happens!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-30-2017, 07:02 PM

sorry I didn't mean to sound judgmental, I was trying to get the point across.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:26 PM
Contributing Member

I'm not offended. I'm just saying that every entrepreneur endeavours not to waste time, but it's something that invariably ends up happening.

Old 05-31-2017, 02:09 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Hi,

This is interesting question when to leave your job.

When I completed my PG degree I decided to business but I don't have money in my hand initially but I start my business with nothing but my hard work start doing service business like laptop and desktop I saved few money to launch at least a small business place to reach my customer to my store. I market my business myself and tell my friends to help reach clients etc., and most important thing your family need to support your passion and your ideas otherwise you can't be succeed. single line answer for your question from my site is "Start your Own, When you're ready to do hard work"

Old 06-01-2017, 06:30 AM

I would suggest to start beside your job when you are an affiliate etc..Then quit the job at about 4k income per month.
If you start a non affiliate business like Selling SEO Services / Products you need to focus on that job as a fulltime job or you will fail.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:47 AM
Contributing Member

Some "TYPES" just can't be happy in standard jobs. I'm one of those who hates to take orders. I seek a higher purpose than making someone else rich. I want to create jobs by myself. I want to give birth to something that is bigger than myself, something more worth while.

Maybe more people in the world can find their true value and fulfill their potential through what I'm doing. Follow your dreams!

Slim Your Face - Get rid of unwanted fat from your face

Old 06-08-2017, 08:36 PM
Contributing Member

That's fair. Not being cut out for a job is a sign you need to look for - not within the environment you're working in, but within yourself. Once you've identified this, you may decide to move on towards entrepreneurship.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:31 AM
Contributing Member

Interesting post.

I have a what if's concern..

Like what if I failed
what if I will not succeed

Old 08-10-2017, 06:14 AM

Following are the hints:

1) You have a blog or a consultancy or you are working as a freelancer and earning enough to support all your bills and basic needs.

2) You are now at least comfortable with one or two On-Demand internet skills (content writing, designs, digital marketing and WordPress/any other programming skills plus sales)

Finally, you know you are ready to take startup journey.

So, what I have observed is people who started working on Online Business or Internet Business while still, they are working seems doing well.

A good 6 months working on side project over weekends and free time (effectively 20 hours a week) are in a great position.

*All my views will hold true for a person who wants to start an Online Business.

Any Digital Services Online Business is a profitable Business Idea. [online training, e-books, pdf, and videos selling or some examples of Digital services] (Your own expertise is the key in Digital Online Services, for example, a fitness trainer can sell a 30-day fitness routine training classes online)

Old 08-10-2017, 06:52 PM

When you have passion for someting and its actually making you a decdent income it would be great to quit your job

Old 08-10-2017, 07:54 PM

one should only quit jobs when they are very passionate about owning a business of their ideas or the existing business ideas with a better possible success.
you shouldn't quit jobs just because it's new, motivational or interesting or that everyone is doing or you have enough money.
because the business world is changing everyday maybe if you do some existing business you should be aware of the competition around you also see if that business is still feasible for good business if not why'd you do it.
if it's a new idea you should be ready to face both the reality.
only do quit your job if and only if you're really crazy(good or bad) and passionate about your idea.
also give yourself fruitful time to research about the business in terms of how to get started when you quit because you don't wanna be wasting time and money when you're jobless or you're ready to waste your savings or be a tragedy to your family with stupid ideas.
be informed and be passionate about your ideas also be ready to face any consequences.
either people hate or love it or you make them hate or love it.
but whatever you do, be the best and wish you all the best.

Last edited by Anhviet; 08-10-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Old 08-16-2017, 03:44 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Cool When to start

You should consider following options to start on your own.

1) When water goes over your head i.e. your boss scolds you without reason.
2) You have a strong hint of getting layoff.
3) A brilliant idea strikes your mind.

If you are any of these conditions, just start on your own.

Old 08-28-2017, 12:06 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Those in the article aren't really what I would consider if I should start my own. If your company is legit, you are their liability even if the ship is sinking, so to speak. You are secured.

What I would consider is if I have enough money to hold my own, a solid startup plan, and insurance. Unless I have these, I won't risk going bankrupt.

Old 08-28-2017, 04:09 AM

Supplement your salary with other income

Don't take a impulsive decision. Once your side income equals your salary then only you should think of quiting job. Your side income should supplement your salary. Always take a calculative risk.

Old 08-28-2017, 05:23 AM
Latest Blog:
None

You will probably have to invest in any startup, or if you choose to do something for free or almost free - it takes much more time.

I believe, once you feel really comfortable with your own business and it's already generating a good amount of revenue, then it's time to start doing it full time. Just be wise and patient.

Old 08-28-2017, 05:27 AM

It is quite difficult to quit your job and start your own business, if you can face risk then you can start your own work any time.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:23 AM

First of all, you need a passion to start your own business because at first, it looks very easy but if you are not passionate about your work or passion, it will become a load and may fail.. that is why the majority of businesses fail to achieve their target.

So, first of all, find out your passion and start working on it, then only think of quitting the job.

Shanif Khan

Old 08-28-2017, 07:52 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness Phantom View Post
First of all, you need a passion to start your own business because at first, it looks very easy but if you are not passionate about your work or passion, it will become a load and may fail.. that is why the majority of businesses fail to achieve their target.

So, first of all, find out your passion and start working on it, then only think of quitting the job.

Shanif Khan
You're right about the need for passion but lack of it isn't why most businesses fail. They fail due to wrong decisions or inability to take the right ones - like not shutting down products that you're passionate about but which have little or no demand.

Old 09-05-2017, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguar View Post
You're right about the need for passion but lack of it isn't why most businesses fail. They fail due to wrong decisions or inability to take the right ones - like not shutting down products that you're passionate about but which have little or no demand.
One of the most important business advice I've gotten - Don't ever get sentimentally attached to a product, no matter how good or bad it's doing

Old 09-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

When you tired of being a slave to the system and just want to set your own mark and tired of living someone elses dreams. U live only once. Take a chance.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum