Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Online Business Forum General online business related topics including ecommerce, customer related issues, home based business challenges & tips, etc.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 01-05-2018, 04:25 AM

Smile which are the best ecommerce business ideas?

Past few days onwards I was thinking to start an e-commerce website. But I am having a little confusion to start which kind products getting more demand nowadays. So if anybody having a suggestion or eCommerce business ideas for me would be highly appreciated.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-05-2018, 04:57 AM

I was facing the same dilemma before starting my ecommerce journey. For me, dropshipping worked well. As a student I was looking for something with less investment and more profits. So, dropshipping model on WooCommerce+WooDropship model was what I chose.

The best part was that it also kind of automated my store for order management and product inventory. So, it felt like a breeze for me as compared to the other business models.

Old 01-05-2018, 06:30 PM

If I can offer one piece of advice... pick something (product wise) that interests you. If you purely chase a product category because of the dollar signs in your eyes, it will be harder to stay motivated to build something that has long term value and viability.

You can turn a quick buck (sometimes) simply picking a hot product, but it is much, much more rewarding to work on something that you feel passionate about on a personal level.

Old 01-18-2018, 10:32 AM
Contributing Member

If you start with selling products of high demand then you will high competition and the price margin will be minimum (calculate also the price of promotion, delivery cost, returns and discount period). I am already facing this problem.

If the product is an unknown brand, then the demand will be less (you will have the advantage of the low price but minimum profit).

If you sell a not so popular brand product which is good quality, then you will may an advantage in specific countries.
Reducing price reduction in high demand products to compete with big websites competition might not get anywhere.
It's a good idea to start selling products that you believe in and that are not so popular (that works better for me). If you believe in the product, then that will show towards your potential customer (especially when you promote it with social media) and therefore you increase the possibility to convince the customer.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:57 PM
Contributing Member

Try to find a niche that has less people promoting it online. Always make sure you like the product and enjoy it and know it better than anyone else.

If your promote something you like it is alot easier and people can tell if your just trying to sell something.

Old 01-21-2018, 02:11 AM

I used to be a big-time Amazon affiliate (they eventually closed my account unfortunately) and had the privilege of seeing what people where buying through my affiliate links (my affiliate links went to the Amazon homepage, so no bias for products I was promoting as I was only promoting the homepage).

Some top popular categories of products I got big commissions for on a regular basis where:
* Musical instruments
* Tvs and monitors
* Diamonds

Old 01-22-2018, 11:43 AM

Best e-commerce business or best online business is that which is made with the best of YOU.
If you have interest in doing something which is of your interest, you can achieve it, otherwise without the interest you can not get the good output.
So, you should start any of the business but of your interest, you will give your 100% to make it achieve big heights. Even if your business will be like buying or selling clothes, you will get the best output.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:59 PM

it is better to deal in products that you like,,, don't go for products becouse they have high profit... you will end up losing coz what i know is that you can not promote or market something that you dont know..... so if your capeable in phones or cloths then just sale that but dont go for cars or houses that you cant promote....

Old 02-02-2018, 10:54 PM
Contributing Member

You can try software product and with amazon. But in the long run, you should chase with the product that you are interested in.

Old 02-03-2018, 03:29 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella.lopez View Post
I was facing the same dilemma before starting my ecommerce journey. For me, dropshipping worked well. As a student I was looking for something with less investment and more profits. So, dropshipping model on WooCommerce+WooDropship model was what I chose.

The best part was that it also kind of automated my store for order management and product inventory. So, it felt like a breeze for me as compared to the other business models.
Hello Bella,

I also want to start drop shipping and need some guidance. can you please help me?

Old 02-13-2018, 04:30 AM

Best eCommerce idea is to promote your business on Affiliate Marketing list. Thanks

Old 02-14-2018, 12:47 AM

Hi,

My piece of advice would be starting with almost all the products you can think and image about. I believe if you have a variety of products to know which product is giving you more of a revenue as compared to other products in your category.

Slow and steady the sale and revenue you get will help you to decide where to concentrate and on which product.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:22 AM
Banned

You have to make a research before to start something.
Online shops sell well (clothes, accessories)
Online digital health services, I saw are good.
Do something that's Amazon can't.
Online learning platforms.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Closed Thread