Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Online Business Forum General online business related topics including ecommerce, customer related issues, home based business challenges & tips, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 01-06-2018, 06:01 AM

e-commerce Site Problems

There are huge e-commerce sites in the UK for men's clothing, everyone will get struggle for sales, for keywords ranking and for traffic. According to me first, we have to maintain the good collection of products, good images with the best quality so that users will get attracted by the product details and they will purchase products from online as well we get traffic if anyone knows any other solution please reply back.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2018, 08:10 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackenterprises View Post
There are huge e-commerce sites in the UK for men's clothing, everyone will get struggle for sales, for keywords ranking and for traffic. According to me first, we have to maintain the good collection of products, good images with the best quality so that users will get attracted by the product details and they will purchase products from online as well we get traffic if anyone knows any other solution please reply back.
Have you tried PPC Campaigns to promote your products? If you do that alright than they can be very effective in terms of ROI.

eCommerce site's struggle is common these days. Your main objective should be to gain maximum exposure and get sales out of it. You can focus on your rankings later. And once you are popular enough, search engines will come around anyway.

Forum Management & Promotion, SEO Tips, Money Making tips etc.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:43 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackenterprises View Post
The problem with those sites are the platforms that they are using, in another word they use WordPress or Joomla with some plugins and get started selling online, if they use some great Online Store Builders, or eCommerce Platforms they will end up getting some great designs and templates made only for selling online, there are plenty of them available on the internet, Like Shopify, Pinnacle Cart, 3dcart, Bigcommerce, and much more.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:01 AM

The best results I got in sales from my e-commerce site is to get my products listed in the most popular Price Comparison Sites related to your product type. Most customers with buying intent go there to compare prices and get the cheapest product.
Adwords is a very good solution with less success since it costs a lot because of competition but it can be proven a money maker after investing a lot of time and money in it. You must check & improve Adwords campaigns every week. Make sure you use only exact match targeted keywords and ads variation to lower the cost per click.
It's a good idea to test remarketing of your products with adwords and facebook to 'remind' the visitors of the products they have seen in your website (with a discount or coupon).
-Promote automatically your products in several social media channels daily (if you have many many thousands of followers). That method still gets me a very low result at the moment.
-Create an email list of 10-50.000 thousands of emails (from customers and emails) and keep reminding them with a newsletter every 2-4 weeks.
It's impossible to compete with huge e-commerce sites but you can play with prices and different product brands.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:24 PM
Latest Blog:
None

There are lots of local shops, and local market stalls, selling clothing online as well as having the town centre location. They advertise their website on their receipts, in their shops, or on their market stalls, and local people see those adverts and look them up because they are already familiar with their brand.

On a national scale, many of us do something similar. For example, if I want an item of clothing I don't put that item of clothing into Google. I put in the name of a national store that I know (if I want cheap I look up Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, etc. If I want to spend more I look up Debenhams, M&S etc.).

To get back to your question. eCommerce sites for local stores and market stalls can be set up quite cheaply, and be quite effective. However, if you are trying for a national clientelle it is completely different.

The stores I have mentioned, and many other well known national stores who advertise on TV, in national magazines, national newspapers, etc. have a marketing budget that runs to many thousands of pounds. That is always going to be difficult to compete with.

Last time I looked into advertising on TV I soon changed my mind. There was no realistic way in which the fairly new business I had at that time, started on a modest investment, could hope to even put a 15 second advert on national TV.

It is easy to forget that some of the start-up companies which have become household names, have done so because they secured major investment for their initial business plan.

Old 01-17-2018, 10:09 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Promote your Store with bang

If you are running your own E-Commerce site, agree… you have to maintain good collection of products with suitable photographs. Apart from that stock of that product along with reasonable rate compare to other store should be maintain.

Plan accurate promotional campaign to cover complete globe. Online promotion, PPC, local marketing etc. are prominent ways to grab more traffic. Precisely maintain complete store as well as promotion activity for the store reputation.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum