Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Online Business Forum General online business related topics including ecommerce, customer related issues, home based business challenges & tips, etc.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 03-16-2018, 07:47 PM

Work from Home Office or Shared Work Space?

I am new to this community and new to making my website design and development talents public knowledge. It is a career switch for me. I currently do most of my work out my home office. This works most of the time but since I have young kids...not all the time. I am thinking of getting space in a shared work space that is about a mile away from home.

I am wondering if any of you have any experience with this and if it would really be worth it. I am thinking it would be just for the exposure part...

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-29-2018, 05:58 AM

yes you can get an office away from home...but instead of sharing an office,you can get your own room and start ur office

Old 03-29-2018, 09:01 PM
Contributing Member

Shared work space absolutely 100%, I've been working from home for years, it includes constant distractions, since getting an office I am literally getting two times more work done with way more concentration. I cannot recommend not working at home enough.

Old 03-29-2018, 09:08 PM
Contributing Member

When I worked for various companies, I of course worked in their office space. However, since I started my own business 20 years ago, I've worked out of my home office, and love it. I couldn't imagine working outside the home ever. Too many distractions and don't get me started on travel time.

Old 04-03-2018, 04:00 AM

I also suggest you that go to office only, because it's not possible to work in the home, I have special experience that too many distractions, also my children try to play with me and they are making so many noise

Old 04-06-2018, 02:25 AM
Contributing Member

You can earn a good money from like me. i do freelancing at home average earning is almost 1000 USD /Month

Old 04-07-2018, 01:36 AM

Earning and caring for the child both are important.If you have a young child then you have to work from home.because you are doing both works.

Old 04-07-2018, 06:20 AM
Banned

I think working from home will facilitate you more than outside home. The positive thing is you can take care of your family by own

Old 04-11-2018, 01:39 AM

I also have a child who occasionally has her friends over. What I did was take a bit of space from my kitchen and turn it into a home office. It even has a door that I close to let them know that I'm busy and mustn't be disturbed. It's more cost effective than getting a shared office space.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:46 PM
Contributing Member

I've worked from home for several years now. Most days I work from my home office exactly as I would from a traditional office - I'm at my desk unless I'm taking a bathroom break, lunch break, or refilling my coffee.

About 5 times a year I do a "field trip" to liven it up a bit. It helps to do a few days from a Starbucks or the library. Despite not having my multi-monitor setup and everything, I feel as though I have a high level of productivity on those days because they're "special" and I usually go in with a solid to-do list. I guess I'm more hyper-focused because of that.

So because of my ease of workspace situations I can't imagine spending on a shared work space with my current situation. If my home office ever went away I would definitely consider one. Or if someone from where I work was ever in town, I could see it making sense to work together.

Old 04-13-2018, 04:36 AM
Contributing Member

Obviously shared work space. Because there will be too many distractions while working from home. Personal life is entirely different from professional life.

Old 04-13-2018, 05:09 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy mary View Post
Obviously shared work space. Because there will be too many distractions while working from home. Personal life is entirely different from professional life.
Sandy - or is it Mary? It's so hard to tell these days what with all the odd names new members are using when joining here.

But, I digress. Back to your post.

No, it's not "obvious" to everyone that an outside office is best. Perhaps for you it is. For just as many others, it isn't.

Each individual has their own preferences. Having kids at home during the work day aside, with a home office you can save money (no rent to pay, no utilities insurance etc), and there's no travel-time whatsoever.

However, if you get stir crazy over time, you can rent office space outside the home for a day or two or longer if you like.

Me? I love working from a home office. Have loved working out of a home office for nearly 20 years. For me it works great. For others, it's maybe just Ok, and yet others who can't get their head around a home office at all, or would rather travel and have that separation, well, fill yer boots.

But either solution isn't "obvious". It's different for everyone.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:04 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
Sandy - or is it Mary? It's so hard to tell these days what with all the odd names new members are using when joining here.

But, I digress. Back to your post.

No, it's not "obvious" to everyone that an outside office is best. Perhaps for you it is. For just as many others, it isn't.

Each individual has their own preferences. Having kids at home during the work day aside, with a home office you can save money (no rent to pay, no utilities insurance etc), and there's no travel-time whatsoever.

However, if you get stir crazy over time, you can rent office space outside the home for a day or two or longer if you like.

Me? I love working from a home office. Have loved working out of a home office for nearly 20 years. For me it works great. For others, it's maybe just Ok, and yet others who can't get their head around a home office at all, or would rather travel and have that separation, well, fill yer boots.

But either solution isn't "obvious". It's different for everyone.

With people around me who can some what see what I am doing, I don't end up on facebook, playing video games, or watching stuff. I end up doing work. But at home a lot of times I just end up playing video games lol

Old 04-14-2018, 08:23 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMiller7 View Post
With people around me who can some what see what I am doing, I don't end up on facebook, playing video games, or watching stuff. I end up doing work. But at home a lot of times I just end up playing video games lol
Ya, working from a home office is not for everyone - you have to learn to be disciplined and not to get distracted. I don't play video games or online games, so I don't have that potential distraction. Sometimes in the winter, however, I start the day off early working in my housecoat, and it's noon before I realize I have to get changed.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:46 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
Ya, working from a home office is not for everyone - you have to learn to be disciplined and not to get distracted. I don't play video games or online games, so I don't have that potential distraction. Sometimes in the winter, however, I start the day off early working in my housecoat, and it's noon before I realize I have to get changed.
Yeah I think that disciple gets easier as you get older. In your early 20's it's easy to get distracted

Old 04-16-2018, 06:34 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anndylala View Post
I am new to this community and new to making my website design and development talents public knowledge. It is a career switch for me. I currently do most of my work out my home office. This works most of the time but since I have young kids...not all the time. I am thinking of getting space in a shared work space that is about a mile away from home.

I am wondering if any of you have any experience with this and if it would really be worth it. I am thinking it would be just for the exposure part...
When I was working along it was absolutely okay to work at home. But when I have build small team then I mention that I'm loosing to much time for talking to each other by Skype or viber.. So this why we have decide to work from 1 place (in office)

Old 04-20-2018, 04:57 AM
Banned

Working from home would be overwhelmingly preferable for most people if it weren’t so difficult to get work done.

You save time and money by not commuting;
it’s easier to eat healthy, home-cooked food;
you can take a cat nap when you need one;
you can customize your office setup to your exact liking;
you can go to the doctor when you need to…

Thanks

Old 05-09-2018, 10:24 PM

I've been working from home for five years and I wouldn't have it any other way. I have a small team of writers I manage, and I have absolutely no problem managing them via SKype and emails. If i had PARTNERS in my business, maybe my answer woudl be different.

But i really can't work in office environments. Maybe it's because of my ADD, or whatever, but they tend to be too intense and i just can't concentrate in "intense" high concentration environments like that.

I've never had a problem getting my work done in an office, where I can have my music on, go in the kitchen to prepare my own food, take breaks in my own personal space/balcony/terrace and not have to deal with anyone else's bull****.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Closed Thread