Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum > Online Payment Processing

Online Payment Processing Discussions concerning topics related to payment processing, such as merchant accounts, gateways, credit card processing options, PayPal, Google Checkout, 2Checkout, etc.

Share |
Old 07-13-2010, 05:11 AM
Contributing Member

Anyone Experienced Paypal Account Being Frozen?

Hi,

I've been hearing a lot of those paypal stories about the account being frozen if they noticed a suspicious activity or high-risk? I'm really worried right now, my account is still active, but I might experience that as well in the near future.

Why?

Right now, if I can show you, the activity in my account is normal. Everyday the amount of money coming in are $7, $10, $12, sometimes only $4, that's the everyday activity and that's normal. However, I'm about to launch my next product which sells for $47 and there's also a back-end product which sells for $97. I currently have several JV partners with over thousands of subscribers on their list ready to launch an email once the product is live.

My worry is, if the sales start to come in and they noticed that all of a sudden I have huge amount of money coming in to my Paypal account, they might freeze my account as well. I've been hearing stories that the money will just be frozen and can't be withdrawn for several days, weeks, or even months, I'm not sure. Of course, I don't want that to happen because this would be my first major product launch, and I want to feel the money, feel how really is earning big money online.

On a daily basis, I'm averaging around $7-$10 coming in to my Paypal right now, but once the product launch came, I'm expecting thousands of dollars to my account all of a sudden because of my JV partners with huge subscribers base as well.

I'm afraid that it might happen to me also, and of course I don't want that. Any advice here? What should i do if ever that happens? I've also heard from others who experienced this horrible Paypal story, that they were really had a hard time on this, some of them were not able to get their money once it's being frozen.

Last edited by regska; 07-13-2010 at 05:38 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Banned

Paypal dont freeze accounts unless they find any suspicious activities on your account.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Banned

Yeah , I have seen many people's paypal account being frozen.
They do it if they find any suspicious activity.
So always do ethical things only.

And to withdraw this freeze all you need is to call them and send them your identity document.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Banned

Sometimes paypal freeze the accounts for security reasons also, Example: If you are residing in Uk and try to access your paypal from other country (if you relocate) then there are chances that paypal may freeze your paypal and inform you about the activity.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:15 AM
Contributing Member

As far as I know, paypal don't freeze accounts without a reason. As discussed above, if they find unusual activities then they will limit your account.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:03 PM

Actually, PayPal may freeze your account if you experience a sudden increase in the amount of money coming into it. This happened to Darren Rowse of Problogger recently when the release of a new eBook caused a sudden increase in the money coming into his paypal account. I saw him talking about it on twitter. They required him to submit some paperwork before they would unfreeze it. I don't remember how long it took him to get it unfrozen.

Maybe you should consider contacting PayPal ahead of time to alert them to what you're planning to do. That way they'll know there's going to be increase in money coming into your account and can be prepared for it. If they need you to submit any paperwork, you can get it taken care of before it becomes a problem and avoid having your account frozen without warning.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:45 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venusian31 View Post
Actually, PayPal may freeze your account if you experience a sudden increase in the amount of money coming into it. This happened to Darren Rowse of Problogger recently when the release of a new eBook caused a sudden increase in the money coming into his paypal account. I saw him talking about it on twitter. They required him to submit some paperwork before they would unfreeze it. I don't remember how long it took him to get it unfrozen.

Maybe you should consider contacting PayPal ahead of time to alert them to what you're planning to do. That way they'll know there's going to be increase in money coming into your account and can be prepared for it. If they need you to submit any paperwork, you can get it taken care of before it becomes a problem and avoid having your account frozen without warning.
Thanks for the advice. I know Darren Rowse, and if it happened to him, so as to many as well. I will contact Paypal and let them know that I'm going to have a product launch and expecting a sudden influx of my funds to my Paypal account.

Thanks.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum > Online Payment Processing