Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum > Online Payment Processing

Online Payment Processing Discussions concerning topics related to payment processing, such as merchant accounts, gateways, credit card processing options, PayPal, Google Checkout, 2Checkout, etc.

Share |
Old 03-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Contributing Member

Complete Payment Gateway, which ?

Hello everyone.

We are about to launch a kind of services websites where we should receive money from a part A, and then send it devided to milestones to part B. What I'm seeking is some payment gateway that I can integrate completely in my website which will accept payments in many ways from my clients, store funds in my account, and from which after this I can do a vendor to vendor transfer, then in their account they can withdraw in multiple ways. I've got to plimus.com solutions, but they don't accept On-demande prices (where clients enters their own prices), which is something highly needed.

Do you know any alternatives ?

Thank you

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-23-2012, 02:53 AM

Have you tried PayPal?

Old 03-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Contributing Member

As I explained before, I need something grabbing all Paypal MoneyBookers and those type in one account, a merchant one, like plimus. And specially my country isn't under Paypal Receiving countries

Old 04-18-2012, 01:46 AM

good choice

it is easy and conveniently for custmers who like purchasing on internet.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorraine02 View Post
it is easy and conveniently for custmers who like purchasing on internet.
Do you have any suggestions for the thread creator?

Old 04-27-2012, 02:50 AM

Can any one explain which one is good payment gatway for new website

Old 06-08-2012, 08:11 AM

Hi,
Check out www.virgopass.com. They provide services for online payment and also other alternative frictionless payment methods. You can contact the company and I’m sure you guys will be able to find a way to accommodate a payment system which suits your current needs. Their coverage is wider than PayPal’s. If the use of this company does not pan out for you, try to check out AlertPay’s services as well (ttps://www.alertpay.com ). They aren’t too bad.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Contributing Member

To one extent, it sounds like factoring - so you want to be careful with this business model.

Basically, Paypal is an example of factoring). In the United States, an electronic payment gateway (Quantum, Authorize.net, First Data Global Gateway / LinkPoint / YourPay (they keep changing their name)) will integrate into your website to handle credit card transactions. The merchant account will allow you to accept credit cards. (Actually this is the way it is in a few other countries, while others rely on Internet Payment Service Provider (IPSP) / 3rd Party Processor (3PP). Paypal is pretty well known for this, however they also offer merchant accounts and a payment gateway (Payflow).

You need to make sure that the company does not think you are factoring funds. Plus, let's say you get a merchant account / gateway and set everything up. What happens if one of your clients "sells" products, but really does not. You will be responsible - charged fees, lose the merchant account account, and be placed on the TMF / MATCH list.

Are you trying to basically fix is it so that - well, let's say - you have ten people that specialize in 10 different industries. And your store, you want to sell all of these items in one place and the customer checks out once? If so, this could look like factoring. You have been given a merchant account by a provider and the card associations (Visa / MasterCard / Discover / American Express / etc), know where their money is going - it is going to you.

When a person gets a merchant account, there are fees involved. The merchant account provider might change you between $10.00 - $25.00 a month. You might have a monthly minimum as well. They also will charge you a discount fee (percentage), transaction fee (usually $.20 - $.35 depending on the number of transactions per month. Some will also charge a Address Verification Fee (AVS), a batch fee, an ACH fee. The payment gateway is usually $10.00 - $100.00 a month. They might not charge you anything for the transaction, they could charge you $.10 per transaction, or they might give you anywhere from 250 - 1,000 transactions free and then charge you.

The discount rate is where the piece of the pie comes in. It is already determined who can get a piece of this pie.

Plus, if you sell a stapler for me for $10.00 - you will be probably be charged $.46, so you are getting $9.54. If you want to me $9.00 to help cover the other (monthly) merchant account fees - usually about $10.00 a month, hosting, SSL, etc.

Depending on your business model and exactly what you are doing, you cannot get a piece of the pie. You are not a provider, processor, card association, IPSP/3PP, etc.

Now the other thing to consider - depending on how you send me the $9.54, I might now be down to $9.00 and my profit margin is not as big as I thought it would be. So, I could argue with you, telling you that the site says it is $10.00 and that is what I want. Or I could raise the cost and maybe lose sales.

You never want anyone to use your merchant account - especially in the United States. For example, I have a good friend (Ken) that is a Regional Director at a local bank. Unfortunately, he helps a lot of people. He had set his uncle (Rob) with a merchant account. Ken had another friend that needed to accept a credit card payment (one time) - so Ken "borrowed" Rob's knuckle-buster (yeah, they still make them). Rob knew about this but did not think anything of it. The payment though was $35,000.

We actually saw Rob that weekend and he was telling us this story. I told him he was in big trouble. Of course, he asked why. I told him he would probably get a call from the bank on Monday enquiring about this transation. Sure enough, he did. Instead of getting that money on Tuesday as expected, he got it a week later, less about $600.00. He also had to wait on all the other (normal) transactions. Yes, Ken knew better, but he is always helping someone.

The other problem he is going to face - that $35,000 will be reported to the IRS as income and he will have to pay taxes on it. I know, no good deed....

Now, with all of this in mind - I still do not exactly know your business model. You might look at BigCommerce - they have a few different products that might suit your business model.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhats View Post
Can any one explain which one is good payment gatway for new website
I also want to know which process is the best for collecting money from outsourcing field.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhasan1122 View Post
I also want to know which process is the best for collecting money from outsourcing field.
Did you read all the replies in this thread yet?

What country do you live in?

Old 06-19-2012, 11:44 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhasan1122 View Post
OK - I will say it. More information is needed. You have merchant account providers all over the world.

It sounds like you do some "outsourcing"? For what exactly?

Some providers have banks in a lot of countries to get approval. I don't think you might be outsourcing high risk, but you never know.

Plus it is always good to start your own thread - it sounds like your question has nothing to do with the OP.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:29 AM

If you are looking for seamless integration of a payment gateway I would recommend PayPal and have used it a number of times. Their code base is great to work.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum > Online Payment Processing