Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum > Online Payment Processing

Online Payment Processing Discussions concerning topics related to payment processing, such as merchant accounts, gateways, credit card processing options, PayPal, Google Checkout, 2Checkout, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 06-22-2013, 03:25 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Paypal is Popuplar. But i trust Skrill more than Paypal

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-22-2013, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo View Post
Paypal is Popuplar. But i trust Skrill more than Paypal
Why is that?

Old 06-23-2013, 01:30 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Why is that?
Because Paypal Froze My Account For Nothing.When I Emailed them they told me to to verify it through my bank account.
But I already verified it with Credit Card.
***The Funny things it.They Did Not Froze it in the first place,they froze after i got by balance at paypal

Where's Moneybookers/Skrill is Hastle Free
I Verified it and Using for 2 years.There's Not any Single problem with Them

The Only Reason i still use paypal because most web service provider use paypal as their payment default payment processor.It's Available everywhere.But i do not deposit more than $100 in paypal. it's too risky

Old 06-23-2013, 09:46 AM
v7n Mentor

I have to say, I have been using PayPal since around 2000. I personally have never had a problem with them. I also have the debit/credit card so if I do make money I can immediately use it for whatever services or parts I may need to pay for to get the customer taken care of regardless of whether my suppliers use PayPal or not.

They have had problems throughout the years, what business/bank/company hasn't? They have been the most reliable and resilient and are the most familiar and trusted on the internet today.

Others are okay but I think they are going to be going through many of the issues that PayPal has already faced and overcome. Unfortunately there are some countries where it is not available but they are adding more every year so hopefully at some point and time that will no longer be an issue.
www.pchelper123.com

Old 06-25-2013, 03:21 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I think a lot of people are using Paypal today so that's the most trusted payment processor for me. Although there are a lot of alternatives that you can use, you may find some of them here www(dot)staff(dot)com/blog/comparison-of-credit-card-processing-companies/

Old 06-29-2013, 04:32 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Skrill/Moneybookers are great because the payments are not reversible. So no disputes once money go out. Advantage for seller for sure.

Last edited by dantan; 06-29-2013 at 04:36 AM.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:56 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Dal Khichadi

but not good for buyer so they don't prefer it.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:04 AM
Contributing Member

Is it possible to use Paypal/IPN transactions automatically through an ecommerce system, but to make it use the gift option on money transferred to minimize the fees they impose?

Old 07-20-2013, 10:04 AM

The payment processors I have used in the past and who I can give my endorsement are as follows:

Skrill - (Moneybookers)
Paypal

Have a great weekend to all.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I use Paypal on my site, it's what I'm the most familiar with personally. It has the most competitive rates compared to services like Stripe. (Not by much, but hey every little bit counts)

Old 09-13-2013, 05:37 AM
Contributing Member

PayPal and 2checkout are the most trusted gateways + Authorize.net

Old 09-19-2013, 12:39 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

understanding that I am virtually a newbie on this forum, my little voice may not carry much weight here. That being said, I am known on several other forums and have been involved in the web design/hosting profession for over 13 years now.

I've got three personal recommendations and one other honorable mention to share (and yes, I scanned the thread to see if any of the non PayPal ones were recommended. Happy to say that I'll be sharing three other companies not yet mentioned.)

Obviously, PayPal is going to be one of my recommendations. Been with them sice right after they launched. When I say "right after", I literally mean that. I'm one of the first 500 customers to ever sign up with them. I've only had one minor "chargeback" issue, which was later reversed as a result of the payer getting names mixed up for my business.

I'm also a huge fan of CDGCommerce.com. I was with them from 2004 to 2012. Only one chargeback (again, just like the PayPal one, it was a case of mistaken identity due to multiple business names, but only one registered name with CDG), which was later reversed and no blemishes on my record. Only reason why I stopped using them is because I ceased developing websites and hosting publicly. Chris West and his team are great people (I've met half of their team at HostingCon several times).

My wife is a HUGE fan of Square. I was a little iffy on them at first, but they've built up a great reputation and have sound business plans and excellent financial backing. Their customer service, especially in terms of social media interaction, is second to none. A couple drawbacks: They do not have an online API to use; all transactions are either keyed in via Mobile Smart devices or swiped in via their CC reader. At this time, you can only be a US based business handling US based transactions. They will eventually expand into other countries.

The fourth recommendation and one that I am keeping a close eye on is Dwolla. Much like Square, they're starting to make waves in the eCommerce community. Unlike Square, Dwolla has an online presence, in addition to mobile smart device applications. The only drawback that I've seen, thus far, is that they're strictly US based, but do plan on expanding to other countries.

Hope this helps!

Old 09-19-2013, 06:58 PM
Contributing Member

every payment processor desire is become the most trusted. beside paypal, my most trusted payment processor is western union. it is simple unhacakable

Old 09-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectMoney View Post
my most trusted payment processor is western union. it is simple unhacakable
Please do not make blanket statements like that. Western Union's been hacked in the past. If a computer is connected to the internet (via dialup or high speed access), it can be hacked. Thanks.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:50 PM

Stripe.com for credit cards Although they are only offered to limited countries right now, they're easily the best processor I've used in years.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Paypal is best payment processor.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate Willson View Post
Paypal is best payment processor.
The thread creator knows about PayPal already. I've quoted the thread creators opening post incase you didn't read it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skghosting View Post
Hello,

I've been doing a little digging around and I've come across what seems to be hundreds of payment processors, so I've decided that I need to add a wider range of payment processors to our website.

I was wondering which are the most trusted, I know obviously PayPal is one of the most famous ones but does anyone else have any further suggestions?

I'm looking to expand on just Credit/Debit card processing too.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:30 PM

Many are saying Paypal which I agree with but generally has higher transaction costs than other options. If you are going to be in business for a while and conduct a substantial amount of sales I would suggest opening up a merchant account with a bank and using authorize.net.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instagage View Post
but generally has higher transaction costs than other options.
Could you provide some data to back up that statement please.

I am charged a percentage fee per transaction on PayPal which seems to be inline with the fees if I dealt directly with credit cards w/o statement fees, fee for having the account and any other fees they try to get out of you.

If you can prove to me that having a merchant account (without favouring one particular one) is cheaper I will consider looking into it.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
Could you provide some data to back up that statement please.

I am charged a percentage fee per transaction on PayPal which seems to be inline with the fees if I dealt directly with credit cards w/o statement fees, fee for having the account and any other fees they try to get out of you.

If you can prove to me that having a merchant account (without favouring one particular one) is cheaper I will consider looking into it.
Well I suppose I should have started by stating that I haven't looked into it since I established my ecommerce site about a year ago. With that being said I did my research and found that after taking all fees into consideration Paypal charged very close to 3%.

My merchant account with my bank does charge a monthly fee of $29.99 but this is credited towards any transaction fees. My only monthly expense with auth net is $20 for their service of storing CC info on their servers so we are PCI compliant. Finally my bank charges me around 1.75% for qualified transactions (billing address matches cc address) and about 2.25% if it's unqualified plus around .20 per transaction.

If you are doing many transactions the biggest cost is by far the percentage rate charged per transaction. I would rather pay a large monthly fee to get a lower rate but everyone has different circumstances and should do a break even analysis and decide what is right for them.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum > Online Payment Processing

Closed Thread