Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum > Online Payment Processing

Online Payment Processing Discussions concerning topics related to payment processing, such as merchant accounts, gateways, credit card processing options, PayPal, Google Checkout, 2Checkout, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 01-14-2015, 03:30 AM
Latest Blog:
None

If you are a customer -- do you prefer to pay with Paypal of Stripe?

I am PHP programmer. I am thinking of building this script that involves online payment. But right now, I am thinking about which payment method to support first.

If you are a customer, how would you prefer to pay?
- Paypal
- Stripe (with credit card on the store website itself)

Your input is valuable.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-14-2015, 06:46 AM
Contributing Member

I accept credit card payment through paypal on my website. Customers can use their credit card to make payment using Paypal, but they don't need to be a paypal member.

In my experience, customers don't want any extra steps. They have hard enough time entering the credit card information on my website. They want me to take the credit card number and run it for them. I think any extra step is a problem for most customers. I cannot run it for them because whenever they give me information, something is not exactly right and transaction does not go through.

The reason I accept credit card through paypal is because it's the cheapest way for me to accept credit cards. I pay only $5 per month and 3% on each transaction. In my experience there is no need for paypal payment but the cost of transaction to the business owner is very important.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:50 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by iszuddin View Post
I am PHP programmer. I am thinking of building this script that involves online payment. But right now, I am thinking about which payment method to support first.

If you are a customer, how would you prefer to pay?
- Paypal
- Stripe (with credit card on the store website itself)

Your input is valuable.
Definitely PayPal, it's the fastest, safest, secured online payment processor with a peace of mind that your personal information is never exposed.

Btw, only LEGIT businesses offer customers PayPal as a payment option, and I don't buy anything online with my credit card, especially from unknown sources!

Old 01-14-2015, 04:48 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafeymahmud View Post
I accept credit card payment through paypal on my website. Customers can use their credit card to make payment using Paypal, but they don't need to be a paypal member.
This to me would be the best bet. I don't personally have Paypal myself anymore and prefer to use my debit card. So, running something like this is simply amazing because if I run into a website selling the product I want and I notice the only payment option they offer is Paypal then I immediatly look else where.

Old 01-14-2015, 05:11 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

If i am a customer,i will use Paypal ,Paypal is more secure than credit card for online shopping.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:12 PM

Use both Stripe and Paypal. Stripe Javascript implementation helps you get PCI compliance because credit card data is never stored on your servers.

I prefer customers don't have to leave my website during checkout. I personally use Stripe to accept credit cards and PayPal as secondary payment method.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:25 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I am using prefer paypal.. but currently it's not available in my country's currency...too bad...

Old 02-11-2015, 01:35 AM

For a customer perspective.....I choose PAYPAL, absolutely. There are several protective buyer tools and procedures in paypal. Though it can't guarantee but it is obvious that Paypal is doing a great way to protect buyers.

Old 02-11-2015, 02:59 AM

I will prefer to pay with Credit Card if the site is trusted and has good clients review. Paypal has some limitations in several countries so I would consider it as a second option.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:57 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Paypal for using the funds available in my account
Stripe for using CreditCards

Old 02-28-2015, 01:23 PM
Contributing Member

If I am a customer then I prefer to pay via PayPal.

Old 02-28-2015, 04:58 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I prefer both methods, some people already have a paypal so they would go for that first potentially, and then for the rest being able to easily accept credit cards via stripe is also great.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:40 PM
Contributing Member

I don't trust to use my credit card details with any website build overnight. But even with trusted brand still prefer Paypal.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:50 PM
Contributing Member

I use Paypal for online payment. Sometime I also use stripe for using credit card. Both of this payment process are good.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:16 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I've never even used stripe :-(
I use paypal weekly.

Old 04-13-2015, 01:40 PM
Latest Blog:
None

PayPal for me. Less hassle, less risks.

However, there are countries where PayPal is limited while credit cards are working. So, if the shop is not for US only, it's better to have more payment options.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:27 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

If I am a customer, I will use Paypal, but if I am selling something online, I will preferably use Stripe.

With ecommerce it is better to use a 3rd party processor waive all the complications that come with doing business online.
A merchant processor like Stripe will help in fraud verification, but if you accept with your paypal account, it can easily be compromised and you start experiencing limits.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:40 AM

paypal is the best but i am checking stripe now.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:35 PM

For customer of course I prefer Paypal since I don't have to share my credit card details with the company. I think only case where customer would prefer Stripe is if Paypal is rejecting their payment, like citizens of some countries are not able to use Paypal so that's a problem.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum > Online Payment Processing

Closed Thread