Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Digital Photography Forum > Photography Challenges

Photography Challenges Themed digital photography challenges to push yourself past your comfort zone and inspire you to keep improving your skills. You don't need to be a great photographer to join in the fun. You just need to love taking pictures.

Share |
Old 04-25-2011, 02:39 PM
No Longer Active

Thumbs down Official Visual Words of Wisdom Photo Challenge

What is the photo challenge?

You will take one picture for each of the quotes below that you feel tells the story, or correlates somehow. It is 100% up to you how you interpret these quotes and what they mean to you, so ya really can’t get it wrong. The challenge will run May 1 - May 31st, but I have no problem with anyone getting started now if they wish

The Quotes
  1. “When you walk to the edge of all the light you have and take that first step into the darkness of the unknown, you must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for you to stand upon or you will be taught to fly.” Patrick Overton
  2. “Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” Scott Adams
  3. “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” Buddha.
  4. “Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” Mark Twain
  5. “Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” Albert Camus
  6. “The difference between friends and pets is that friends we allow into our company, pets we allow into our solitude.” Robert Brault
  7. “Within you there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” Hermann Hesse
  8. “When you photograph people in colour you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in B&W, you photograph their souls!” Ted Grant
  9. “Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.” E. Joseph Cossman
  10. “I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” Robert Frost
  11. “They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” Carl W. Buechner
Please read the full instructions for this challenge on the V7N Technology Blog before starting!

Use V7N Thumbnail Attachment For Photos

If you are able to, I would truly appreciate if you would spread the word about the V7N Visual Words of Wisdom Photo Challenge on Facebook, Twitter, your blog, and other social networking sites. The more people that play the more fun this will be!

Here are some banners for you to add to blog posts and albums as needed.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	word-lg.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	14279   Click image for larger version

Name:	word-med.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	14280   Click image for larger version

Name:	word-sm.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	14281   Click image for larger version

Name:	visual-words-of-wisdom.jpg
Views:	2603
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	14282  

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-25-2011, 03:53 PM
SEO Fanatic

nice!

I'm in!

Old 04-25-2011, 03:57 PM
SEO Fanatic

by the way, just so you know: you are making the little cheat sheet in my wallet quite a big bigger from going from words to quotes.
not cool!

Old 04-25-2011, 07:14 PM

Geez, you are such a dictator!! I'm in!!
BTW: Thanks for doing this!!

Old 04-26-2011, 06:33 PM

I really like this challenge. I'm definitely in. It's going to be interesting to see what I can come up with for these... as well as seeing what everyone else does.

Thanks Cricket!

Old 04-28-2011, 07:54 AM
v7n Mentor

This photo-quote idea sound delicious. I am in and I believe I will finish this contest on time!

Old 04-30-2011, 01:18 PM
v7n Mentor

I've posted this to my facebook. I've not been much use in any of the other challenges lately but I'll try to give this one a shot

Old 04-30-2011, 05:28 PM
v7n Mentor

This challenge scares the bejeebies out of me... it took me three days just to get a picture of "concrete!"

Old 04-30-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J from Michigan View Post
This challenge scares the bejeebies out of me... it took me three days just to get a picture of "concrete!"
I totally feel your pain!!

Old 03-05-2018, 11:05 PM
Banned

Official Visual Words of Wisdom Photo Challenge

You will take one picture for each of the quotes below that you feel tells the story, or correlates somehow. It is 100% up to you how you interpret these quotes and what they mean to you, so ya really canít get it wrong. The challenge will run May 1 - May 31st, but I have no problem with anyone getting started now if they wish.

https://www.besanttechnologies.com/t...g-in-bangalore

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Digital Photography Forum > Photography Challenges